Move to Yellowknife?

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

linnoiemclaren
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Move to Yellowknife?

Post by linnoiemclaren »

Suppose the company provides good conditions in another city, including a good salary and housing. Why not try to move to Yellowknife? However, before moving, look at the weather and the climate; it may be uncomfortable for you to be there because of the weather, but we don't know. All these things you have to check because moving is a serious thing! For example, I was offered a higher position at Alabaster about 3 years ago because I lived alone. I immediately moved there without hesitation for career growth. It's good that I was even provided with this website -- realtysouth.com, which had a catalog of houses and apartments in Alabaster.
---------- ADS -----------

yyzpilotguy
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by yyzpilotguy »

So I thought I'd post an update 11 months later. I moved to Yellowknife from Toronto in February, 2022. Took a pilot-in-waiting job, but luckily inside working in dispatch. Look forward to being back in the cockpit in a month or two, on track as promised after about a year in waiting. Yes it's cold and dark in winter, yes rent is expensive and can be hard to find a place, but I'm loving the 5 minute drives to everything, hanging with like minded pilots from all over Canada, plus my GF found a job in only a few days, also at the Airport, so it's all good so far.

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

yyzpilotguy wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 10:00 am So I thought I'd post an update 11 months later. I moved to Yellowknife from Toronto in February, 2022. Took a pilot-in-waiting job, but luckily inside working in dispatch. Look forward to being back in the cockpit in a month or two, on track as promised after about a year in waiting. Yes it's cold and dark in winter, yes rent is expensive and can be hard to find a place, but I'm loving the 5 minute drives to everything, hanging with like minded pilots from all over Canada, plus my GF found a job in only a few days, also at the Airport, so it's all good so far.
Enjoy!

Return to “Employment Forum”