The Career of an AME

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Codfather
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: The Career of an AME

Post by Codfather »

Can always join the RCAF as a trained AME. Just have to do basic and the 4 month bridging course in Borden.

Once your in you can retrain as NDT in the RCAF. NDT guys moonlight and make 2 to 3 x their salary. One you get out, everyone wants you.
---------- ADS -----------

Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by -42 »

Ooooh yeah no. Just the thought of being answerable to Mr.Socks and his diversity cabal makes me cringe. No disrespect to the uniform however based on their lower than ever recruiting numbers they still wonder why no one wants to join. Sorry but several years of my life are worth more. Plus the pay sucks and so do 90% of their bases. Sad when AME’s need to look at the military option to be respected. Really sad.

Pat Richard
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Pat Richard »

5x5 wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:20 pm
drone_driver24 wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 1:14 pm
5x5 wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 8:03 pm $42/hr is almost 30% higher than the Canadian average hourly rate - Canadian average hourly earnings 2020

$42/hr x 2000 hr/yr is roughly $84K a year. Is everyone supposed to make over $100k a year? Or maybe $150K? And how would Canada/the world work if they did?
What's your point? 2 years of college, 2 years of apprenticeship. Every endorsement I have has been 5 weeks away from home. OJT at work on a regular basis. Tools, wear and tear on me (knee and hip replacement so far) missing birthday's, anniversaries, family get togethers, working holidays that everyone gets off. All part of the fun. We've made it work.

Mill wrights, hydro, gas, construction, bus drivers, all make way more than us, and have a boat load less responsibility, and less education. I wouldn't trade it for any of the other jobs above, but you are completely missing the point about wages.
Bullshit.

Bullshit you

https://ca.indeed.com/jobs?q=millwright ... 8518617101

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

Pat Richard wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:46 pm
5x5 wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:20 pm
drone_driver24 wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 1:14 pm

What's your point? 2 years of college, 2 years of apprenticeship. Every endorsement I have has been 5 weeks away from home. OJT at work on a regular basis. Tools, wear and tear on me (knee and hip replacement so far) missing birthday's, anniversaries, family get togethers, working holidays that everyone gets off. All part of the fun. We've made it work.

Mill wrights, hydro, gas, construction, bus drivers, all make way more than us, and have a boat load less responsibility, and less education. I wouldn't trade it for any of the other jobs above, but you are completely missing the point about wages.
Bullshit.

Bullshit you

https://ca.indeed.com/jobs?q=millwright ... 8518617101
I pretty well dismantled his wage theory he was pitching on page 2 of this thread. Clearly just a pilot with a. Vested interest in keeping ames paid dirt to keep his or his companies maintenance bill down. Unreal some of these aerosexual oxygen thieves on here and their lack of respect for the AME trade. Shame on them!

Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by -42 »

That guys job suuuuuucccckkkkksssss! All that needs to be said.

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

-42 wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:04 pm That guys job suuuuuucccckkkkksssss! All that needs to be said.
The 40 year veteran for $42/hr? Yes

PitchLink
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by PitchLink »

This is still one of my favourite threads

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

PitchLink wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 4:46 pm This is still one of my favourite threads
#mepoo

Return to “General Comments”