Petition

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

FL030
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: Petition

Post by FL030 »

There's a number of qualities that make pilots good at their jobs, and nice people to spend a 14 hour duty day with, which are also the exact opposite of what you want in a negotiator. One of biggest I can think of is their desire to get the job done. They often even risk their own lives to do so. So when it's time to set the parking brake and demand what we deserve (passengers, freight, and company be damned) it goes completely against our nature. I felt bad even typing that. That's why I want our own sharks sitting across from the company's.
---------- ADS -----------

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

RippleRock wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:35 pm Pretty HUGE disappointment with the MEC's choice to support the continuation of the "Dumb and Dumber Show" as our Negots commitee reps. These two are duds --and they have proven so-- every time they enter the Negots arena.

We consistently lose the most at the negotiating table with their representation. So what does the MEC do? Keep them on. We learn nothing apparently. Absolutely nothing. Same old, same old.

ACPA the gift that keeps on giving.
You are sending back in the same committee that brought you the 80% ‘NO’ deal?

Unbelievable.

Bede
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Bede »

FL030 wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 3:07 pm There's a number of qualities that make pilots good at their jobs, and nice people to spend a 14 hour duty day with, which are also the exact opposite of what you want in a negotiator.
You are correct. The qualities that make a good pilot are the opposite of what make a good negotiator....

FL030 wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 3:07 pm That's why I want our own sharks sitting across from the company's.
...except that's not exactly what negotiators are good at. Anyone can say no and not budge, but then you won't get a deal. Rather, negotiators are generally good at building relationships (triggering word in WestJetLand:) and convincing their counterparts to give up more than they are willing to give up themselves.

Dronepiper
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Dronepiper »

Bede weren’t you on the negotiating committee at WJ? Are you worried about the direction that the WJ union is taking with regards to their negotiations?

Return to “Air Canada”