Signing Bonus... In Canada?

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

twa22
Rank 5
Rank 5

Signing Bonus... In Canada?

Post by twa22 »

viewtopic.php?t=175413

Did anyone notice this? We've mentioned the US signing bonuses, but this is the first Canadian one i've seen... Doesn't say how much, and it's a small operator, but would be interesting to know what the signing bonus is

That said, is this a sign of things to come...? I know the focus is on TA for Flair and the lack of proper compensation, but I found this really interesting
---------- ADS -----------

digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: Signing Bonus... In Canada?

Post by digits_ »

I did. On the one hand it's a positive evolution. On the other hand, if you don't specify how much it is, it's likely not going to have the intended effect...

It's the 'make 200k in your first 2 years' type of eye catchers south of the border that attract people, not the 'we will give you an undisclosed signing bonus!'

As an AvCanada discussion grows longer:
-the probability of 'entitlement' being mentioned, approaches 1
-one will be accused of using bad airmanship
flyingcanuck
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by flyingcanuck »

exactly, its like "competitive salary" but yet they don't post it. They are not competitive, and these bonuses are prob garbage like an extra 10k over 2 years while the annual salary is already low.

twa22
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by twa22 »

I agree that the bonus is probably peanuts, but as digits said, it is a positive evolution. I can't remember seeing a signing bonus anywhere pre covid, so I hope this sets a precedent. We can only hope...

‘Bob’
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by ‘Bob’ »

703/704/604 is pretty much the only places where wages are moving in this country. They have to increase pay because anyone who can meet contract/contrails/bars etc can also go mainline.

705 other than 705 lite… you are stuck in pre-pandemic CBAs with laughable inflation increases and outdated scales and even COVID concessions. And since 705 is either a ticket out of here, or the best you can do in Canada, they have no reason to pay more.

Go fly a King Air and make twice what an Air Canada new hire on a wide-body makes.

TELL THOMPSON WE’RE COMIN’ IN HOT!!

http://www.subgenius.com/bigfist/answer ... _FAQ_.html
Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

twa22 wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 2:43 pm viewtopic.php?t=175413

Did anyone notice this? We've mentioned the US signing bonuses, but this is the first Canadian one i've seen... Doesn't say how much, and it's a small operator, but would be interesting to know what the signing bonus is

That said, is this a sign of things to come...? I know the focus is on TA for Flair and the lack of proper compensation, but I found this really interesting
Great Slave Helicopters, Canadian helicopters and other operators used to do that every spring. 10k I think to sign on and stay the season (4-6 months).

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

‘Bob’ wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 6:10 pm 703/704/604 is pretty much the only places where wages are moving in this country. They have to increase pay because anyone who can meet contract/contrails/bars etc can also go mainline.

705 other than 705 lite… you are stuck in pre-pandemic CBAs with laughable inflation increases and outdated scales and even COVID concessions. And since 705 is either a ticket out of here, or the best you can do in Canada, they have no reason to pay more.

Go fly a King Air and make twice what an Air Canada new hire on a wide-body makes.
Hit it on the nose, and there’s zero interest in the 705’s to adjust wage’s accordingly

Return to “General Comments”