Kbm.wages

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

rigpiggy
Rank 10
Rank 10

Kbm.wages

Post by rigpiggy »

Well considering most other surveys offer 70+ to start, and are looking, we'll pay peanuts get monkeys
---------- ADS -----------

Bede
Rank 11
Rank 11

Re: Kbm.wages

Post by Bede »

KBM is probably the best company I’ve ever worked for. I don’t know what everyone was making but I was paid fairly over Covid and I know the instructors were on salary of $42k + benefits. Not sure anywhere else that pays a new class 4 that money.

lownslow
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by lownslow »

No idea what they’re making but everyone in the building always seemed happy to be there.

Vsquared
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Vsquared »

That instructor wage is definitely more than fair. I don't think the salary is insanely off base, but there is certainly better options out there.
When you consider they want you in the office working when you aren't flying, relocation to Thunder Bay, singles your first year and multi-pic your second year, and a slightly lower than average salary. Other companies are offering direct to a multi, rotations or better cities, more money, only duty is to fly, etc.
Someone with 500+ hours is likely better off staying where they're at until they're chosen for a more appealing position. Surely someone who wants to make a career out of survey work will be shooting for one of the other operators instead of relocating for this.

Return to “Employment Forum”