E2 schedule

Discuss topics relating to Porter Airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

unmaskedemperor
Rank 1
Rank 1

E2 schedule

Post by unmaskedemperor »

Any information on how the schedule/pairings will look like on the E2?
---------- ADS -----------

Grey_Wolf
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: E2 schedule

Post by Grey_Wolf »

Looking at the pairing selections for Feb, it appears that it's a mix that Porter normally has; splits, 2-3-4 day pairings.

The splits (redeyes/standups, whatever your choice word is) are YYZ to YVR.

The 2, 3, and 4 day pairings are a mix of no more than 4 legs domestic flying. (think along the line of 2 legs out, 2 legs in, or long turn/short turn)

Pairings seem to be divided into east (YYZ, YOW, YUL, YHZ) and west flying (YYZ, YEG, YYC, YVR)

"A good traveller has no fixed plan and is not intent on arriving." -Lao Tzu
Timetoflyagain
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Timetoflyagain »

…the only split/standup is to YHZ. The YVR is a 2 leg, 3 day pairing….I’ll be taking my skis.

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

It'll be interesting to see how things shape up for the crews once the line indoc is done, and the route network expands beyond Canada.

The destination map someone posted on here a while back had some nice destinations.

Enjoy the skiing and adventures TTFA.

Loving this industry competition. Porter coming in, in whatever capacity it will fill, is a great thing for Canadian aviation. The first company in a while to actually challenge the status quo in the economy (non ULCC) market.

Give'r.

dhc#
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by dhc# »

Will Porter's Q400s ever fly "west" of Thunder Bay, with the jet ops starting ??

Timetoflyagain
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Timetoflyagain »

..Q’s west of YQT..yes…Q fleet has planned tail growth. When, where, how many, what city will be the “west” base is above my pay grade. E2 sim just received Cat D certification, final stages for AOC. First proving flights Jan21.

flyinhigh
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by flyinhigh »

Timetoflyagain wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:04 am …the only split/standup is to YHZ. The YVR is a 2 leg, 3 day pairing….I’ll be taking my skis.
Security definitely frowns upon bringing ski's, snowboards, etc. haha I may have tried this in a past life.

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

Convenience wise, probably better off renting.

CaptDukeNukem
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by CaptDukeNukem »

Could always buy a set and get the hotel to stash them somewhere :)

unmaskedemperor
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by unmaskedemperor »

Now that the schedules of February are out, could someone please give us a better insight of what a captain's E2 schedule looks like?

I.e. Average sectors per day, total duty days, total flying hours, etc..

Thank you.

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

unmaskedemperor wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:04 am Now that the schedules of February are out, could someone please give us a better insight of what a captain's E2 schedule looks like?

I.e. Average sectors per day, total duty days, total flying hours, etc..

Thank you.
How could a single months’s schedule based on a handful of airplanes and less than a handful of routes be representative of a schedule based on a stable fleet and network?

Plus, I would guess that virtually all of the available flying will be taken up by line indoc. I would expect to that it would be quite some time before a ‘line pilot’ will have control over anything other than days off. That is the nature of startup or new fleet type operations.

Return to “Porter Airlines”