Pre-employment medical

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

CPT.HarshColdReality
Rank 3
Rank 3

Pre-employment medical

Post by CPT.HarshColdReality »

After my initial medical, Dr followed up and requested me to consult a cardiologist for a stress test and 24 hours pressure monitoring.

Anybody else had to do that?

What was the outcome?

Any tips/info/past experiences welcomed.
---------- ADS -----------

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Re: Pre-employment medical

Post by rudder »

CPT.HarshColdReality wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 4:39 pm After my initial medical, Dr followed up and requested me to consult a cardiologist for a stress test and 24 hours pressure monitoring.

Anybody else had to do that?

What was the outcome?

Any tips/info/past experiences welcomed.
Stress test no big deal. ECG and BP measured on a treadmill under physical duress. If you can get a stress/echocardiogram even better.

BP monitoring is to create a 24 hour picture (BP typically oscillates). I believe self monitored using a cuff.

A pain in the a$$ but good to get a clear picture. You must have had elevated BP at the time of your AC medical.

jpilot77
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by jpilot77 »

I had to do ecg stress test after my initial medical. Doctor sent in the results (which were fine) and I was hired. The only thing that it affected was that it delayed my hiring by about a couple weeks.

Welcome to Redneck Airlines. We might not get you there but we'll get you close!
cloudseeker
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by cloudseeker »

Good day everyone,

I just did my pre employment medical last week and overheard that one of my results was bordeline (could be BP or ECG not too sure).
Anyone knows how long does it take to follow up for additional testing?

Cheers!

Return to “Air Canada”