Hanger Talk

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Loon-A-Tic
Rank 5
Rank 5

Hanger Talk

Post by Loon-A-Tic »

Could someone "in the know" please enlighten me on why the F35 needs a special hanger. :?
---------- ADS -----------

NotDirty!
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: Hanger Talk

Post by NotDirty! »

Have you ever tried hanging a heavy coat on a wire hanger?? Some things just aren’t designed for that kind of stress. I’m sure a quality wooden hanger would do the trick, but given it’s a government project, I assume they will be buying some exotic material hanger that has all sorts of functions you didn’t know a hanger could have, and a price tag to match!

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

No the government will have to consult with the natives first, then make sure the design team has the right amount of women and diversity, then put out a tender and award the contract to a corrupt company in La Belle province then do another feasibility study and spend billions and then eventually build a hangar.

Let’s Go Brandon
oldncold
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by oldncold »

all post are humourous with a degree of truth, but in reality the us govt is demanding hardened infrastructure to meet controlled export technologies requirements from it going to unwanted countries . now if they had bought the j39 that can land on 3800ft of gravel road might not of needed that . and if wayne ere or anita anad read this the first thing your enemy is going to do is crush your main fighter bases runway and infrastructure. . go BUY 75 J39 to compliment the f35s. .

Loon-A-Tic
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Loon-A-Tic »

oldncold wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 1:45 pm all post are humourous with a degree of truth, but in reality the us govt is demanding hardened infrastructure to meet controlled export technologies requirements from it going to unwanted countries . now if they had bought the j39 that can land on 3800ft of gravel road might not of needed that . and if wayne ere or anita anad read this the first thing your enemy is going to do is crush your main fighter bases runway and infrastructure. . go BUY 75 J39 to compliment the f35s. .
Thanks for the insight; for what it's now worth I'm a fan of the J39 as well, it seemed like a very capable option.

rando
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by rando »

Here is some insight on government spending. Freeland is giving herself 2 billion dollars for a company that does not exist. She said Canadians want to act fast and Canadians want this action. I say she is a witch and I don't trust her with anything.

PilotDAR
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by PilotDAR »

Have you ever tried hanging a heavy coat on a wire hanger??
I once had some hangers for coveralls in my hangar for my airplane.....

I don't know anything about F35's, other than they probably go into hangars when they are finished flying....

Meatservo
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Meatservo »

It just boggles my mind that there are more than a few (alleged) professional pilots who can't spell fucking HANGAR.

Jesus Christ.

If I'd known I was going to live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself
albertdesalvo
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by albertdesalvo »

+1, but you will soon be trashed by people who say correct spelling doesn't matter, and there are lot of them. These are the same people who write "U" instead of "you".

Of course, now I'll be trashed by the same people for mentioning it. Hee!

lownslow
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by lownslow »

Meatservo wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 12:48 am It just boggles my mind that there are more than a few (alleged) professional pilots who can't spell fucking HANGAR.

Jesus Christ.
Pileits are getting worse at spelling every year

mmm...bacon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by mmm...bacon »

Meatservo wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 12:48 am It just boggles my mind that there are more than a few (alleged) professional pilots who can't spell fucking HANGAR.

Jesus Christ.
!!Misplaced Modifier!! Shouldn't that be: "..who can't fucking spell HANGAR"

Either fucking way, I agree!

Return to “General Comments”