Ifr Bootcamp type training.

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

NSC182E
Rank 0
Rank 0

Ifr Bootcamp type training.

Post by NSC182E »

First post here.

I am looking for a bootcamp type immersion IFR training facility in canada that would allow me to use my own plane for the training.

I don’t care really where it is.

Ps
Tried to post this before but it was rejected by the censors. Maybe they can explain to me why?
---------- ADS -----------

khedrei
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Ifr Bootcamp type training.

Post by khedrei »

Not quite sure what you mean by bootcamp? Get it done quickly and camp out locally in a hotel?

Most flight schools wouldn't have an issue with using your own plane provided its certified.

Have you called around?

The weather right now (at least in Ontario) is not conducive to any kind of rapid flight training.

Scuderia
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Scuderia »

NSC182E wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:16 am First post here.

I am looking for a bootcamp type immersion IFR training facility in canada that would allow me to use my own plane for the training.

I don’t care really where it is.

Ps
Tried to post this before but it was rejected by the censors. Maybe they can explain to me why?
What airplane do you have?

If I was in your shoes, I would get to know your local aviation community and try to find a current or former airline pilot who comes highly recommended and hire them. Not particularly difficult to find. They will cost you more but I promise it is well worth it.

NSC182E
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by NSC182E »

Thanks for the replies. I own a 182. Hoping to do a quick IFR in in. Somewhere that does a accelerated rating. I was hoping to do a harvs air ground school and have the exam written. The. Just do the flights in one go then the flight test. I have heard places like cornwall do a multi/IFR like this. I just want to use my own plane to complete it. I was under the impression a CFI had to do the training and sign offs to qualify for a flight test.

TalkingPie
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by TalkingPie »

You could check with Lachute Aviation. They do multi IFR, although you'd have to talk to them to see about scheduling availability and how they feel about using your plane.

They're located just across the Ottawa River from Ontario, on the Quebec side just below Montreal airspace. English/French isn't an issue and don't let their relaxed nature fool you: they regularly win awards. Of the schools I've checked, they also have competitive pricing.

khedrei
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by khedrei »

Most schools have some sort of protocol for owners aircraft. Often a mechanical inspection or waiver of insurance. When you use their instructor you also use their insurance so they want to make sure its mechanically sound. You might have a hoop or two to jump through but it shouldn't be too hard. As I mentioned, the weather will be be the biggest factor right now in terms of how fast it gets done. Cornwall has a program and generally does things quickly. Give them a call and see what their schedule is like and what they need to use your plane.

Easier way is find a dedicated freelance instructor and do an online groundschool. If you are interested in that route I might be able to fit you in. I work out of CZBA.

Good luck.

Return to “Flight Training”