YUL Meeting

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

JackLeCoq
Rank 0
Rank 0

YUL Meeting

Post by JackLeCoq »

Between the flight safety guy making a racist comment to the former Base Chair Dan causing a ruckus in the back and getting the live feed cut...

Just a horrible display for a union meeting from my base

Tabarnac
---------- ADS -----------

unionism101
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: YUL Meeting

Post by unionism101 »

Until YUL starts acting like a union, all air canada pilots are doomed

billybobby
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by billybobby »

Not my base but curious to hear more. Mostly to know what to expect at my base. Post here or by PM if you prefer.

Thanks
BB

Stu Pidasso
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Stu Pidasso »

Any truth to to rumour that all in attendance had to sign a NDA?

Seems like an outrageous claim!!

cdnavater
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by cdnavater »

Stu Pidasso wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 1:15 pm Any truth to to rumour that all in attendance had to sign a NDA?

Seems like an outrageous claim!!
Given the original poster talked about the live feed cutting out after the ruckus and racist comment, I’m doubting any truth to the NDA. How would they manage that with the live feed?

Freshredmeat
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Freshredmeat »

I'm pretty new to this place but that former YUL Chair & his small group of company koolaid drinkers have next to zero following from the "entitled" generation

By entitled I mean the pilots that they think should be paid more than Canadian regional Q400 pilots to sit right seat in a 777.

I know...so entitled

Montroyal
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Montroyal »

99% of the Montreal base is awesome. Best base in the system. Very happy here

It's too bad a small group seem to be holding on the old "new relationship" which has made AC pilots the lowest compensated global airline pilots

The old Chair has nothing to offer for this group other than more division to an otherwise united pilot group

PostmasterGeneral
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by PostmasterGeneral »

What was said? Feel free to paraphrase if needed.

RippleRock
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by RippleRock »

Montroyal wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:29 pm 99% of the Montreal base is awesome. Best base in the system. Very happy here

It's too bad a small group seem to be holding on the old "new relationship" which has made AC pilots the lowest compensated global airline pilots

The old Chair has nothing to offer for this group other than more division to an otherwise united pilot group
That's good to hear.

Never forget that we are the --worst compensated-- Star Alliance pilots by a wide margin, and we are a founding member of that alliance. The best thing we could do is align ourselves with the most successful and best compensated groups on the planet. Alaska, Delta and United are fabulous ALPA union partners and they know their worth.

Perhaps the MotherCorp will actually take us seriously at the Negots table for the first time in decades. We should study and emulate how they do it down south. No NDA's and no backroom deals. Full transparency with daily negotiation updates for all members to view. Proper forensic auditing. Professional negotiators on hand to assist.

There's actually a glimmer of light at the end of this nasty, dark ACPA tunnel. I'm happy to know I'm not the only one who feels like a mushroom. Kept in the dark and fed $hit for far too long.

Chateau
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Chateau »

Well said Ripple

The old boys of YUL are doing management's work for them and it's a reckless way of doing business

We should be looking to maximize gains through unity vice looking for individualistic crumbs like these guys want

Luckily mes amis de YUL are all on the same page of big expectations for the next contract

We all just ignore this out of touch group

navajo_jay
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by navajo_jay »

I was at the meeting in person in YUL.

No NDA’s were signed, only a sheet for attendance. Overall it was a great meeting. After a few questions answered by the LEC from the live chat, some unhappy guys from the « Old guard » were complaining that the LEC was not answering questions from the people in the room. Let say it was kinda rude. That’s when the LEC chair decided to cut the feed in some way to protect the members. They know that it displeased the members viewing online and they will make adjustments. It’s their first time in this position and they are doing a great job so far.

There is a silent majority leaning towards ALPA in YUL. The pro company and Pro ACPA (DC and friends) are being very vocal.

The future will tell.

hithere
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by hithere »

Just out of curiosity, are the YUL LEC meetings held in English or French?

FNGYYZ
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by FNGYYZ »

navajo_jay wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 3:23 pm I was at the meeting in person in YUL.

No NDA’s were signed, only a sheet for attendance. Overall it was a great meeting. After a few questions answered by the LEC from the live chat, some unhappy guys from the « Old guard » were complaining that the LEC was not answering questions from the people in the room. Let say it was kinda rude. That’s when the LEC chair decided to cut the feed in some way to protect the members. They know that it displeased the members viewing online and they will make adjustments. It’s their first time in this position and they are doing a great job so far.

There is a silent majority leaning towards ALPA in YUL. The pro company and Pro ACPA (DC and friends) are being very vocal.

The future will tell.
When you say DC & friends being "pro company" does that mean they are "anti-pilot"?

ZBBYLW
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by ZBBYLW »

Not really anti pilot. I mean the target isn't anti pilot, the results certainly are.

Over the past decade many at ACPA have been sold a story how if we give up a concession here and there the company will have success and company success is good for the pilots.

10 year deal = good for buisness
10% off cargo = won't do cargo without this "imperative" concession
COVID concessions = we could lay off more
MOA face palm = Thankfully the pilot group called quits

Stuff like this was pushed for very positively by the former LEC chairs of YUL (and YVR).

The new guys have control now and wishing them the best.

hithere
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by hithere »

Are the meetings conducted in French or English?

stall
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by stall »

ZBBYLW wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:04 pm Not really anti pilot. I mean the target isn't anti pilot, the results certainly are.

Over the past decade many at ACPA have been sold a story how if we give up a concession here and there the company will have success and company success is good for the pilots.

10 year deal = good for buisness
10% off cargo = won't do cargo without this "imperative" concession
COVID concessions = we could lay off more
MOA face palm = Thankfully the pilot group called quits

Stuff like this was pushed for very positively by the former LEC chairs of YUL (and YVR).

The new guys have control now and wishing them the best.
Are the former Chairs and their small group of supporters like today's version of Neville Chamberlain?

Return from company HQ with a 10 yrs deal calling it "peace for our time" and then over the course of the next decade watch others make historic gains because those unions weren't too cowardly to take a stand?

WF9F
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by WF9F »

Dan and his few sheep he has in tow are NO friends to the pilot group , not at all. They’ve been undermining any progress the pilots have been trying to make for years along with a majority of the YUL base. Hopefully that’s come to an end and we see better times ahead for all pilots. It’s certainly a start seeing him and his crowd are in the rear view mirror.

FatPilot
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by FatPilot »

WF9F wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:11 pm Dan and his few sheep he has in tow are NO friends to the pilot group , not at all. They’ve been undermining any progress the pilots have been trying to make for years along with a majority of the YUL base. Hopefully that’s come to an end and we see better times ahead for all pilots. It’s certainly a start seeing him and his crowd are in the rear view mirror.
:smt040

hithere
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by hithere »

Ok I’ll try one last time because I’m curious and I realize how difficult this might be to answer… are these meetings held in English or French?

ZBBYLW
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by ZBBYLW »

hithere wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:30 pm Ok I’ll try one last time because I’m curious and I realize how difficult this might be to answer… are these meetings held in English or French?
All the official business was done in English. A couple conversations here and there in french but that's it.

Return to “Air Canada”