What Base For New FO's?

Discuss topics related to Flair Airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

aviatorcariboo
Rank 0
Rank 0

What Base For New FO's?

Post by aviatorcariboo »

Hi all, I haven't found an answer for this, but apologies if it's been addressed somewhere recently.

Would an experienced FO applicant have a chance at getting the new YYC base? Or would it be a different base offered until YYC gets a little more established?

Thanks
---------- ADS -----------

flying4dollars
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: What Base For New FO's?

Post by flying4dollars »

aviatorcariboo wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:36 pm Hi all, I haven't found an answer for this, but apologies if it's been addressed somewhere recently.

Would an experienced FO applicant have a chance at getting the new YYC base? Or would it be a different base offered until YYC gets a little more established?

Thanks
I don't think your experience will dictate what base you get but Flair's CP has said in a recent thread that for the most part, everyone has gotten the base they desired.

tbaylx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by tbaylx »

aviatorcariboo wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:36 pm Hi all, I haven't found an answer for this, but apologies if it's been addressed somewhere recently.

Thanks
Bases are awarded by seniority and standing bid. There a still some YYC FO positions available (7), however the majority of FO spots for the remainder of 2023 spring hiring are in YEG, YKF, YXX. Up until the latest class almost every pilot has been based at their first choice of base.

aviatorcariboo
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by aviatorcariboo »

Thank you for the informational response!

CaptDukeNukem
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by CaptDukeNukem »

I hope if you get an offer they tell you what base it’s for.

I personally think it’s crazy that someone doesn’t know where they are going to work when they sign an offer sheet.

GooseDriver
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by GooseDriver »

CaptDukeNukem wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:42 pm I hope if you get an offer they tell you what base it’s for.

I personally think it’s crazy that someone doesn’t know where they are going to work when they sign an offer sheet.
Except for maybe YOW, all FOs get their first choice base either right away or within a few months. Obviously the company can’t advertise it as a guaranteed thing, but that is the reality.

Plus it’s not like they make you sign a bond and then Suprise! You’re going to Inuvik for the next 2 years!

Return to “Flair Airlines”