‘Died suddenly’ posts twist tragedies to push vaccine lies

Covid related topics that are connected to travel or the aviation industry.
‘Bob’
Rank 7
Rank 7

‘Died suddenly’ posts twist tragedies to push vaccine lies

Post by ‘Bob’ »

---------- ADS -----------

TELL THOMPSON WE’RE COMIN’ IN HOT!!

http://www.subgenius.com/bigfist/answer ... _FAQ_.html
CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Re: ‘Died suddenly’ posts twist tragedies to push vaccine lies

Post by CpnCrunch »

I find it kinda funny reading the "other" Canadian aviation forum, and all the antivax BS posted by the fancy haired blowhard there. (Yeah I'm jealous of his nice hair).

rando
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by rando »

“The real danger is that it ultimately leads to real world actions such as not vaccinating,” said Jetelina, who tracks and breaks down COVID data for her blog, “Your Local Epidemiologist.”

I disagree.

You know what is the number one way to decrease vaccination rates and increase vaccination hesitancy? Make vaccine mandates.

If a covid vaccine was produced and simply say we recommend vaccination, provide the data and let people decide for themselves. We would all be in a healthier place right now with less vaccine hesitant people.

CpnCrunch
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by CpnCrunch »

rando wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:29 am “The real danger is that it ultimately leads to real world actions such as not vaccinating,” said Jetelina, who tracks and breaks down COVID data for her blog, “Your Local Epidemiologist.”

I disagree.

You know what is the number one way to decrease vaccination rates and increase vaccination hesitancy? Make vaccine mandates.

If a covid vaccine was produced and simply say we recommend vaccination, provide the data and let people decide for themselves. We would all be in a healthier place right now with less vaccine hesitant people.
For once I agree with you rando. It's never useful to force vaccines on people (except for healthcare workers), as it just ends up with the kind of situation we find ourselves in. At the moment it probably doesn't even make sense for healthcare workers.

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

CpnCrunch wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:33 am
rando wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:29 am “The real danger is that it ultimately leads to real world actions such as not vaccinating,” said Jetelina, who tracks and breaks down COVID data for her blog, “Your Local Epidemiologist.”

I disagree.

For once I agree with you rando. It's never useful to force vaccines on people (except for healthcare workers), as it just ends up with the kind of situation we find ourselves in. At the moment it probably doesn't even make sense for healthcare workers.
Just don’t complain if there’s not enough healthcare workers then. Forcing vaccines with questionable effectiveness on people for a virus that is not dangerous to the vast population caused many to be fired and/or leave the healthcare field. Only about 20% of Canadians have gotten a “booster” in the past 6 month tells a lot. (Look it up on the government website for proof)

Let’s Go Brandon
kgb531
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by kgb531 »

Inverted2 wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 1:58 pm
CpnCrunch wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:33 am

I disagree.

Just don’t complain if there’s not enough healthcare workers then. Forcing vaccines with questionable effectiveness on people for a virus that is not dangerous to the vast population caused many to be fired and/or leave the healthcare field. Only about 20% of Canadians have gotten a “booster” in the past 6 month tells a lot. (Look it up on the government website for proof)
Very few actual healthcare workers were unvaxxed, fired or suspended. Physicians and RN's had near 100% vax rate 18 months ago. It was clerks, cleaners and support workers who made up 99% of the castouts.

rando
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by rando »

I think most of the staffing issues are for the same reason as every other industry, the boomers are retiring. Population booms come in waves.

Now you have a bubble of people who retired, and will soon have high demand for our health care system, but it’s not funded. The less populous generations behind them will be expected to provide the labor, and provide the taxes to pay for these services. It’s a big problem we have.

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

rando wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:12 pm I think most of the staffing issues are for the same reason as every other industry, the boomers are retiring. Population booms come in waves.

Now you have a bubble of people who retired, and will soon have high demand for our health care system, but it’s not funded. The less populous generations behind them will be expected to provide the labor, and provide the taxes to pay for these services. It’s a big problem we have.
Understatement of the century.

Return to “Covid”