CP Rail

Discussion of topics related to corporate aviation throughout the world.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

Otto Pilot
Rank 1
Rank 1

CP Rail

Post by Otto Pilot »

Pros and cons of working here ? I’m assuming they are getting another jet since they are looking for 3 capts and a capt or fo on the sovereign. Anyone have insight on pay ? Are you worked like a rented mule? I feel like it’s a good gig, but I could be wrong.
---------- ADS -----------

Checkspeed
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: CP Rail

Post by Checkspeed »

Also very curious.

I’m assuming it must be a decent gig as you don’t see a job ad very often which, I’m assuming, means low turnover.

Last time I saw a CP job ad was 2017.

TrilliumFlt
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by TrilliumFlt »

For what it's worth I worked through the application process for the three 605 position and eventually it ask if you; have the right to work "unsponsored" in the US, I don't so it came to a grinding halt for me at that point.

It appears the 605 positions may be based in the Minneapolis area, St Cloud and the Sovereign position in Calgary.

khedrei
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by khedrei »

I worked for the other Canadian railway for 13 years. Not as a pilot. But if they treat their pilots at all like their train employees, you couldn't run far or fast enough.

The pilot gig could be great though... I dont know.

NovaBoy
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by NovaBoy »

I’ve been in corporate aviation for almost 18 years, and haven’t heard anything bad about them, and you usually hear about all the bad jobs.

TrilliumFlt
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by TrilliumFlt »

My spidy senses makes me think this is ones of the good ones, its just a shame they won't sponsor a Canadian pilot to fly for a Canadian entity.

NovaBoy
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by NovaBoy »

The C680 position is Canadian.

TrilliumFlt
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by TrilliumFlt »

NovaBoy wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:37 am The C680 position is Canadian.
Yes it is, CYYC but the 3 605's seats are not. So one token Canadian for three from south of the 49th parallel.

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

That and I would imagine, type aside, there is a massive pay disparity between the Canadian and U.S seats.

For some reason we can't break away from the stigma that Canadian pilots are discountable from their U.S counterparts.

co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by co-joe »

viewtopic.php?t=181176

This is the funniest part of the job ad to me. You have to learn how to drive a train.

CP DFO
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by CP DFO »

TrilliumFlt wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 4:59 pm For what it's worth I worked through the application process for the three 605 position and eventually it ask if you; have the right to work "unsponsored" in the US, I don't so it came to a grinding halt for me at that point.

It appears the 605 positions may be based in the Minneapolis area, St Cloud and the Sovereign position in Calgary.
Hi TrilliumFlt - My apologies. The application form had an error on it. For the right candidates sponsorship is definitely an option. Sorry if you have to restart the application, but that section has been reworded now. Look forward to seeing an application from you!

330heavy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by 330heavy »

co-joe wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 7:00 am viewtopic.php?t=181176

This is the funniest part of the job ad to me. You have to learn how to drive a train.
You don't learn how to drive a train. You get trained as a conductor, whose job it is to do paperwork, radios, car hookup etc. The engineer is one who "drives" the train. Training as a conductor isn't great as the relationship with union and management is toxic at best, and those union boys won't like training managment. That said, it's rare, especially for a pilot to have to keep the trains going.

co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by co-joe »

Clearly I know SFA about trains, I just thought it was one of the stranger things I've ever seen on a pilot job ad. I wonder what the bond is for the locomotive PPC?

loose
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by loose »

What’s the pay, work schedule like. Anyone know, I thought I saw someone up there I assume to be an insider, can you update or PM me on pay and work schedule etc. I only assume if conductors make as much as they do then pilots should be killing it!

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by pelmet »

CP DFO wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 2:43 pm
TrilliumFlt wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 4:59 pm For what it's worth I worked through the application process for the three 605 position and eventually it ask if you; have the right to work "unsponsored" in the US, I don't so it came to a grinding halt for me at that point.

Hi TrilliumFlt - My apologies. The application form had an error on it. For the right candidates sponsorship is definitely an option. Sorry if you have to restart the application, but that section has been reworded now. Look forward to seeing an application from you!
What makes someone a 'Right' candidate?

music.is.the.answer
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by music.is.the.answer »

pelmet wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 8:16 pm
CP DFO wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 2:43 pm

What makes someone a 'Right' candidate?
I think he means for whoever they hire...duh.

Return to “Corporate”