Training standby offer

Topics related to hiring and course information should be placed here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

blank03
Rank 0
Rank 0

Training standby offer

Post by blank03 »

Hi guys,

Recently I had my interview and few days ago I received a call about a standby FSS course. I accepted over the phone, but my question was, since it's a standby seat, am I still eligible to receive other offers, perhaps for a full seat FSS course in another location or a VFR/IFR course?

As I was inclined more towards IFR, and the standby course they offered me is an hour and a half away I was wondering whether it's a good idea accepting it. The hiring team told me that even if I accept the standby seat, I would still be in the pool and stay eligible for offer, although still not sure.

Has anyone had similar situations? Also, sorry if the topic has been answered before, despite searching through the forum, I couldn't find an answer haha.
---------- ADS -----------

stabilizedapproach
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Training standby offer

Post by stabilizedapproach »

Hiring already answered your question so I’m not sure what kind of answer you’re going to get here.

is that course at the FIC? If they’re running all courses out of the ACC, it will still be an hour and a half commute regardless. While I won’t say it’s impossible, if you’re offered an FSS standby, going from that to a confirmed IFR seat is quite the jump.
---------- ADS -----------

Return to “NavCanada Hiring”