FSS final onboarding for basic training

Topics related to hiring and course information should be placed here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Nekton
Rank 1
Rank 1

FSS final onboarding for basic training

Post by Nekton »

I’ve been accepted for FSS training starting April 2023. Got my offer back in October, went through the steps of medical, drug testing, references and received no acknowledgement or notice that everything was ok. Emailed HR to enquire in December and was told that everything had checked out and I would receive further tasks to complete 1 month before course start. That deadline came and went. A week later I emailed again and was told I would soon receive further tasks to complete. A few days later I got an email and Workday notice to provide some more info for verification and instructions to complete ‘Onboarding Documents’… but those documents were not included in the email or available on Workday. Deadline to submit was March 9. I emailed again and also left a voicemail with the only person I have had contact with in over 3 years throughout this process to ask about the onboarding docs. Have received no reply. My Workday profile shows all tasks completed, but my application has been changed from Active to Inactive. It is now just over 2 weeks until course start date.

Anyone have insight into this process? I have to quit my job, rent my house, pay thousands to secure accommodation where training will happen and still no solid agreement in place that I have been accepted to the training or contact from the instructor. It’s coming down to the wire to pull the trigger on all of these things and when I do there will be no going back. I feel like I have done everything I can to be diligent and committed to the process and the lack of response from NC is concerning.
---------- ADS -----------

Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: FSS final onboarding for basic training

Post by 000 »

edit

Last edited by 000 on Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
Nekton
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Nekton »

Hey thanks for the quick reply, perhaps we will be in the same course?

Yes my Workday is showing 3 tasks completed which I also did the same day I received the email. What confuses me is that the email specifically listed 'Onboarding Documents' as one of the items, but that is not one of the completed tasks described in the list on Workday. Also confusing is that in the tasks section it says "There is a pending task awaiting action from you." but under the actual tabs the 'To Do' tab has 0 (zero) and the 'Completed' shows 3. It is contradictory.

If your profile also shows application as 'inactive' that seems a bit reassuring as something that happens once you have passed this stage.

I'm just looking for a concrete statement that everything is complete and I am expected to show up for training on Day 1. Also hoping to address training pay deposit too. Without those items I feel I am taking a big risk cutting all ties where I'm at.

Nekton
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Nekton »

Well I received formal onboarding docs today. A great relief.

YFCFlyer
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by YFCFlyer »

Hi

I’m in the same boat. Mine says there’s a pending task but nothing shows up. Maybe tomorrow? Fingers crossed.

Return to “NavCanada Hiring”