Flair or Jazz

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

canadian_aviator_4
Rank 6
Rank 6

Re: Flair or Jazz

Post by canadian_aviator_4 »

cdnavater wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:50 am
canadian_aviator_4 wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:12 pm
capt_Z wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 6:10 pm

So what did you choose?
If he chose flair he is probably at air canada by now. If jazz, probably working multiple jobs to make ends meet.
Are you still at Jazz?
if so, why? It’s clearly not good for your mental state, I think you should do something about your situation.
Jazz has really good health care, so if you wanted to talk to a professional, it’s covered.

Jazz still has one of the best contracts in the industry, yes the pay is abysmal and it’s only that way because pilots don’t stop coming here. We are still running ground schools, still getting pilots with an ATPL or close to it, so how bad could it be.

canadian_aviator_4,
I don’t know if you’ve interviewed yet, but might I suggest that if you have a poor attitude about your situation, it will likely show up there and you could end up one of the 40% rejections, stuck at Jazz.
I’m also hearing rumbles about some fleet changes and getting rid of the flow, with Flair pausing hiring, depending on if you’re on the dash, your situation might not improve. I don’t think you’d be happy on the dash at Porter either, just saying. Time to make the hard choice, roll the dice with Jazz or move on, now is that time!
P.S. I used to fly with a guy who would say, “see you later and have the day of your choice” it is a choice to be happy or miserable, you choose.
Please explain how jazz has one of the best contracts?
---------- ADS -----------

flyinhigh
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by flyinhigh »

canadian_aviator_4 wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:46 pm Please explain how jazz has one of the best contracts?
It actually is one of the better ones out there, minus the pay and huge deductions. Health and Dental is one of the best out there, although you pay handsomely for it. The contract body/Work rules are awesome compared to everyone else.

cdnavater
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by cdnavater »

canadian_aviator_4 wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:46 pm
cdnavater wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:50 am
canadian_aviator_4 wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:12 pm

If he chose flair he is probably at air canada by now. If jazz, probably working multiple jobs to make ends meet.
Are you still at Jazz?
if so, why? It’s clearly not good for your mental state, I think you should do something about your situation.
Jazz has really good health care, so if you wanted to talk to a professional, it’s covered.

Jazz still has one of the best contracts in the industry, yes the pay is abysmal and it’s only that way because pilots don’t stop coming here. We are still running ground schools, still getting pilots with an ATPL or close to it, so how bad could it be.

canadian_aviator_4,
I don’t know if you’ve interviewed yet, but might I suggest that if you have a poor attitude about your situation, it will likely show up there and you could end up one of the 40% rejections, stuck at Jazz.
I’m also hearing rumbles about some fleet changes and getting rid of the flow, with Flair pausing hiring, depending on if you’re on the dash, your situation might not improve. I don’t think you’d be happy on the dash at Porter either, just saying. Time to make the hard choice, roll the dice with Jazz or move on, now is that time!
P.S. I used to fly with a guy who would say, “see you later and have the day of your choice” it is a choice to be happy or miserable, you choose.
Please explain how jazz has one of the best contracts?
How about you tell me why it’s not, the starting pay is all you seem to focus on. I would put our contract up against any 705 for working conditions.

mmm...bacon
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by mmm...bacon »

That's 'cos working conditions don't pay your mortgage, put food on the table, or pay for soccer/hockey/ballet/music lessons...

canadian_aviator_4
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by canadian_aviator_4 »

mmm...bacon wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:16 am That's 'cos working conditions don't pay your mortgage, put food on the table, or pay for soccer/hockey/ballet/music lessons...
This!

Return to “Employment Forum”