705 jobs that are flexible to non-aviation contract work?

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

McKinley
Rank 4
Rank 4

705 jobs that are flexible to non-aviation contract work?

Post by McKinley »

I’m looking at switching careers gradually. I’m hoping to use my existing career at a regional as a means to leave.

It looks like I’ll need to take a month or so off to work in the field while I’m being licensed in my alternate profession.

Work in my alternate profession is typically 6 on 1 off-0800-1900. It can be as much as 7 days on for the duration of the 25 -30 days.

This would mean taking 25 ish days off (unpaid) here and there while I work contracts.

Is there any 705 carrier that would accommodate this?

Thanks in advance.
---------- ADS -----------

Chaxterium
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: 705 jobs that are flexible to non-aviation contract work?

Post by Chaxterium »

Maybe look at a rotational job? Voyageur could fit the bill. Typically 8 weeks in, 8 weeks out. On your time off you can do and go wherever you like.

McKinley
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by McKinley »

Chaxterium wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:29 am Maybe look at a rotational job? Voyageur could fit the bill. Typically 8 weeks in, 8 weeks out. On your time off you can do and go wherever you like.

Thanks ! Kids are also a factor … which would be a tough one being away for 8 weeks.

‘Bob’
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by ‘Bob’ »

Easy.

Just pick one of the plethora of shitty Canadian 705s. Work until you can’t and then quit. Pick another one when you’re done.

Do seniority numbers and schedule even matter compared to flexibility as you’re looking to leave aviation anyways?

Always look out for #1.

TELL THOMPSON WE’RE COMIN’ IN HOT!!

http://www.subgenius.com/bigfist/answer ... _FAQ_.html
McKinley
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by McKinley »

‘Bob’ wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 12:10 pm Easy.

Just pick one of the plethora of shitty Canadian 705s. Work until you can’t and then quit. Pick another one when you’re done.

Do seniority numbers and schedule even matter compared to flexibility as you’re looking to leave aviation anyways?

Always look out for #1.

The issue I have is I’m trying to setup my alternate career while flying. ( I need a year of every level experience to get licensed)

If I have a job, I don’t have to bite my nails about money while dealing with that initial year of crappiness.

It seems like despite the shortage most 705 operations want to offer 20+ days a month or nothing.. which makes this plan difficult.

thepoors
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by thepoors »

McKinley wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:17 pm
‘Bob’ wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 12:10 pm Easy.

Always look out for #1.

The issue I have is I’m trying to setup my alternate career while flying. ( I need a year of every level experience to get licensed)

If I have a job, I don’t have to bite my nails about money while dealing with that initial year of crappiness.

It seems like despite the shortage most 705 operations want to offer 20+ days a month or nothing.. which makes this plan difficult.
Lots of Northern 705s offer rotations that could work for you. Summit, Canadian North, North Star Air, Wasaya, Air Inuit, etc

Return to “Employment Forum”