Seneca College delayed training times ?

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

ellinas
Rank 3
Rank 3

Seneca College delayed training times ?

Post by ellinas »

Hey aviators.
I was talking to a present colleague at work and they are a student at Seneca College doing the flight program. They told me that they’re behind their flight training because they don’t have a full instructing staff as they’re short staffed.
They said it might be an extra year because of this.
I didn’t think that Seneca would be short staffed .
---------- ADS -----------

if you are on the ground I guess there is now way but to look up!
canadian_aviator_4
Rank 6
Rank 6

Re: Seneca College delayed training times ?

Post by canadian_aviator_4 »

ellinas wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 2:34 pm Hey aviators.
I was talking to a present colleague at work and they are a student at Seneca College doing the flight program. They told me that they’re behind their flight training because they don’t have a full instructing staff as they’re short staffed.
They will have to start increasing their pay just like everywhere.

ellinas
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ellinas »

canadian_aviator_4 wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 3:05 pm
ellinas wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 2:34 pm Hey aviators.
They will have to start increasing their pay just like everywhere.
I wonder how much they pay?

if you are on the ground I guess there is now way but to look up!
Classofsault
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Classofsault »

Sault college had/has issues as well so it is not just them sadly.
Look up Sault college here and other sites, parents sued the school for poor class size management. It’s government funded per student, so the more students the more funding. What was shocking though was a YouTube post by a student showing a letter from the government education which stated the school gets to keep the funding regardless if they finish or not.

About Last year a parent got back all their tuition and costs. Why, flight training for their child was over a YEAR behind their academics. Imagine not flying for a month and longer at times…

If I recall as well their local newspaper did a pice about all the delays when parents reached out to them.

flyingcanuck
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by flyingcanuck »

Classofsault wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:36 am Sault college had/has issues as well so it is not just them sadly.
Look up Sault college here and other sites, parents sued the school for poor class size management. It’s government funded per student, so the more students the more funding. What was shocking though was a YouTube post by a student showing a letter from the government education which stated the school gets to keep the funding regardless if they finish or not.

About Last year a parent got back all their tuition and costs. Why, flight training for their child was over a YEAR behind their academics. Imagine not flying for a month and longer at times…

If I recall as well their local newspaper did a pice about all the delays when parents reached out to them.
you really don't like the Soo eh

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

Classofsault wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:36 am Sault college had/has issues as well so it is not just them sadly.

Helicopter parents.

How old does one have to be to address their own issues? 30?

bobcaygeon
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by bobcaygeon »

You get what you pay for. Subsidizing flight training should be like subsidized housing. The low levels of debt help them work for less money.
Sorry but there's only 3 schools in ON with this privilege and only a handful across the country with this type of subsidized flight program.

That's hilarious that someone actually is suing because their discounted education program is behind schedule. I can go from PPL to MULTI-IFR privately in just over 1 year when it's not subsidized. The fancy piece of paper does nothing these days and hasn't in a very long time. I regret wasting the time as it has never opened a door.

khedrei
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by khedrei »

Which is the 3rd in Ontario? Soo, Seneca...

Is it Confederation?

They will need to pay more to fix the problem.

Return to “Flight Training”