Zulu 3 OR Proflight 2 VS A20

Discuss aviation related software and devices here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

redblue1010
Rank 0
Rank 0

Zulu 3 OR Proflight 2 VS A20

Post by redblue1010 »

Hey all,

I was hoping to get opinions on how the Zulu 3's or Proflight 2's hold up versus the A20's. I would appreciate your opinion, and if you could list your cockpit noise level that would be helpful too!

Thanks.
---------- ADS -----------

Scuderia
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Zulu 3 OR Proflight 2 VS A20

Post by Scuderia »

All are excellent options. Do your best to try them on or even borrow from somebody to use for a few days.

Not only comfort but performance, too, will depend on you.

Try then buy!

NSFly
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by NSFly »

When I was in flight training in a 172 I tried A20s vs Zulu 3 and found the Zulus fit me better, were built of better materials, and had a longer warranty with equivalent performance to the A20s. Now I fly a Twin Otter which is absurdly loud and I find myself bothered by the noise often. I'm not sure if the A20s would do better with that level of noise (105 db in the cockpit) or if its just too loud for ANC to solve in general.

Marie143
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Marie143 »

choosing between the Zulu foundation repair contractor near miami florida3's, Proflight 2's, or A20's will depend on your personal preferences, aircraft type, and budget. It's always recommended to try on and test different headsets before making a purchase to ensure that you find the one that fits your needs best.

up on one
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by up on one »

I’ve been wearing Zulu 3’s for a while now and they are incredible. They performed exceptionally well in the clapped out metros and have used them in a variety of business and 705 jets. One of the owners I flew for had a20s provided and I found they were more comfortable for my head but couldn’t find anything other than that to differentiate the two. Personally I get a chuckle when pilots say they can hear a difference in noise cancelling between the two.

I would not recommend the pro flight unless you’re flying jets. When it comes to the a20 vs Zulu 3 I know both of them will meet your needs. If possible I would see if you could borrow a friends and use each for a few flights to see which is more comfortable. Both headsets will outlast the warranty period and you will most likely be sending them in for repair at some point. The Bose price is a bit more expensive but they do cover shipping for repairs which is equivalent to the cost of shipping the Zulu 3 when the time comes. Enjoy the new headset, your ears will thank you…your wallet will not.

photofly
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by photofly »

The Bose A20 isn't physically as robust at the Zulu option. But I prefer the feel and noise cancelling of the Bose.

DId you hear the one about the jurisprudence fetishist? He got off on a technicality.

Return to “Aviation Software & Devices”