Jazz interview at 700 hours!

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

ellinas
Rank 3
Rank 3

Jazz interview at 700 hours!

Post by ellinas »

Hello aviators.

Talked to an old friend and was told they got a call for an interview at 700 hours total time! Have the hiring times dropped that low? Wow! Don’t know if anyone else got such a call but boy they must be desperate.

Fly safe !
---------- ADS -----------

if you are on the ground I guess there is now way but to look up!
NovaBoy
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: Jazz interview at 700 hours!

Post by NovaBoy »

My daughter was told by a friend in HR to apply as soon as she had 500hrs.

wing'd
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by wing'd »

personally know 2x 500hr class IV instructors

Right now they’re hiring like crazy. I don’t even think sim evals/interview matters

ellinas
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ellinas »

:shock:
NovaBoy wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 1:08 pm My daughter was told by a friend in HR to apply as soon as she had 500hrs.

ellinas
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ellinas »

wing'd wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 1:09 pm personally know 2x 500hr class IV instructors

Right now they’re hiring like crazy. I don’t even think sim evals/interview matters
Do you think this hiring frenzy will last another year ?

braaap Braap
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by braaap Braap »

Why are people still clamoring to go here?!? It's like racing to get onboard the Titanic as fast as you can. The PML carrot has rotten on its dangling string and you're probably taking a paycut for the opportunity. If AC is your end goal, there are muuuuch faster ways to get there than the trap that is Jazz. If you leave Jazz to go somewhere in an attempt to speed up the AC step, I'll bet my hat that you're blacklisted at AC.

Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by 2112 »

How much experience is left at jazz these days? Are the holes in the swiss cheese not lining up fast enough for management?

Donald
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Donald »

I'd rather see 500 hour FO's at Jazz, than at northern 705 ops, just my opinion.

canadian_aviator_4
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by canadian_aviator_4 »

braaap Braap wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 1:39 pm Why are people still clamoring to go here?!? It's like racing to get onboard the Titanic as fast as you can. The PML carrot has rotten on its dangling string and you're probably taking a paycut for the opportunity. If AC is your end goal, there are muuuuch faster ways to get there than the trap that is Jazz. If you leave Jazz to go somewhere in an attempt to speed up the AC step, I'll bet my hat that you're blacklisted at AC.
This!

pirep
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by pirep »

I thought pre-covid their rock bottom was 750TT with 250 multi time.

Even with the horrible pay, rather go Jazz than any 703 operators in the middle of nowhere, not like they are paying more for FO.

Bede
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Bede »

pirep wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 7:46 pm I thought pre-covid their rock bottom was 750TT with 250 multi time.

Even with the horrible pay, rather go Jazz than any 703 operators in the middle of nowhere, not like they are paying more for FO.
Except that you will earn more at a 703, get PIC time and probably make memories to last a lifetime. I have more cool stories from 1.5 years in the Arctic than 18 years of airline flying.

When I was 19 I would have killed to get into Jazz at 750 hrs. Now I'm glad I didn't.

Ash Ketchum
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Ash Ketchum »

I guess Jazz can keep dropping their requirements for FOs but I have no idea how they will continue to hold onto/hire new captains.

Invertago
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Invertago »

I just had a jazz recruiter approach my wife in the maternity ward asking if our little one was ready for his interview. She was in a big rush to get to the orphanage after this quick stop at the maternity ward.

No trees were harmed in the transmission of this message. However, a rather large number of electrons were temporarily inconvenienced.
flying4dollars
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by flying4dollars »

braaap Braap wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 1:39 pm Why are people still clamoring to go here?!? It's like racing to get onboard the Titanic as fast as you can. The PML carrot has rotten on its dangling string and you're probably taking a paycut for the opportunity. If AC is your end goal, there are muuuuch faster ways to get there than the trap that is Jazz. If you leave Jazz to go somewhere in an attempt to speed up the AC step, I'll bet my hat that you're blacklisted at AC.
I'm one of those that did that. Left Express after waiting in the pool, reapplied OTS, I am now at AC.

I'll DM you my address so you can ship me your hat :D

braaap Braap
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by braaap Braap »

flying4dollars wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:09 am
I'm one of those that did that. Left Express after waiting in the pool, reapplied OTS, I am now at AC.

Touche. Well there you have it! Was that recently? I feel like a lot of people are staying at Jazz out of fear of being blacklisted. Just another psychological mind game managements play on us.

I need to replace my hat anyway :lol:

flying4dollars
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by flying4dollars »

braaap Braap wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 12:17 pm
flying4dollars wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:09 am

Touche. Well there you have it! Was that recently? I feel like a lot of people are staying at Jazz out of fear of being blacklisted. Just another psychological mind game managements play on us.

So I will have to admit, this was quite a few years ago that I'd left Express and it might have been a different Express carrier before recently getting hired at AC. I mean I wasn't lying, I just really wanted the hat :lol:

In all seriousness though speaking to your psychological mind game comment, when I left Express my managers warned me once you leave the family, there's no hope for AC in the future as they look down on that (including sideways express carrier moves). I left anyway and clearly they were wrong. So there's merit to your comment but I don't believe there's merit to their threats.

piperdriver
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by piperdriver »

[/quote]

[/quote]

I call bullshit on this so called "blacklist." With the state of the industry, specifically the ongoing pilot shortage, Air Canada is not in a position to turn away experienced applicants.

Return to “Employment Forum”