YUL Base 747 bus

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

fortheloveofflying
Rank 0
Rank 0

YUL Base 747 bus

Post by fortheloveofflying »

Any YUL based crew rely on the 747 to commute to/from downtown? Is it reliable? Does it get stuck in traffic often? Or is having a car just a must?

Thanks for any advice
---------- ADS -----------

Nightshiftzombie
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: YUL Base 747 bus

Post by Nightshiftzombie »

I live in YUL. The 747 does get stuck in traffic and it costs ten bucks. I usually take the 202 from du Collage metro to the train station in Dorval, it's about a ten minute walk to the terminal from there. 202 is a regular bus so it only costs $3.50.

"Thats what the Internet is for stupid. Slandering others anonymously."
frog
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by frog »

Well, usually the traffic is worst downtown. You can take the subway to Lionel Groux station and the 747. If you buy a monthly pass, the 747 is included.

TalkingPie
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by TalkingPie »

It's been a few years, but I used to take the 747 as cabin crew when I lived near Lionel-Groulx metro. In the 4-5 years I used it, I only had one instance where a road closure caused by an accident made me lose a flight. If you leave from Lionel-Groulx the bus goes directly to the airport without stopping. It's pretty convenient when compared to driving your car, parking at employee parking and having to wait for the shuttle. No deicing your car after a pairing, either. Depending on where downtown you live, a lot of people have found it quicker/easier to take the metro to Lionel Groulx rather than sitting on the bus as it meanders its way through its downtown route. A monthly bus pass is likely cheaper than gas and the taxable benefit of employee parking - let alone all the other costs associated with owning a car, if you don't already have one.

At the time I actually I owned a summer-only car that I could've driven to the airport at least six months out of the year, but chose not to. No regrets.

Nowadays part of the highway between downtown and the airport has a dedicated bus lane, which I imagine enhances its speed/reliability.

fortheloveofflying
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by fortheloveofflying »

Thank you all for the insight :)

Return to “General Comments”