Honest Question - Helping WJ Pilots

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

vnavspd
Rank 0
Rank 0

Honest Question - Helping WJ Pilots

Post by vnavspd »

WJ pilots,

Thanks for what you're doing for this industry.

Several management groups in Canada have now sent out e-mails to their pilots about capitalizing on this job action you're taking by way of offering double and triple time if guys pick up flying. Some have even gone as far as bidding on "charter" work that is likely released to the market by your airline to help cover what would be WJ flights while you strike.

My consensus is that no one should help another airline thrive during this very important united stance that benefits the industry WAWCON.

On the flipside I also read a case for picking up OT flying, as it puts pressure on WJ management to not give up market share during this strike/lock out.

What's your guys position here? We want to help, and I believe the entire industry is behind you. Do we pick up to put pressure on your management team, or do we stand our ground and refuse the temporary financial gain they're trying to lure us in with?

If the pandemic taught us anything, a few thousand of bucks in OT doesn't make up for the entire lift this industry needs and I'd like to think 99.9% of us get that and are 1000% behind you.

Thanks and good luck :supz:
---------- ADS -----------

Return to “WestJet”