2023 Professional Pilot Magazine Salary Survey

Discussion of topics related to corporate aviation throughout the world.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

CL-Skadoo!
Rank 8
Rank 8

2023 Professional Pilot Magazine Salary Survey

Post by CL-Skadoo! »

Here's the main page from the survey, was surprised to see the salaries weren't higher, but these are US funds and their income goes a lot further while facing less taxation. Not sure what the latest climate is getting into the corporate world on a green card either. Scroll down to a later post for turboprops and rotary, apologies for leaving it out.
Salary JPG.jpg
Salary JPG.jpg (1.67 MiB) Viewed 3519 times
---------- ADS -----------

Last edited by CL-Skadoo! on Wed Jun 07, 2023 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
bear98
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: 2023 Professional Pilot Magazine Salary Survey

Post by bear98 »

This thread is about to go on fire lol

thepoors
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by thepoors »

CL-Skadoo! wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 3:26 pm Here's the main page from the survey, was surprised to see the salaries weren't higher, but these are US funds and their income goes a lot further while facing less taxation. Not sure what the latest climate is getting into the corporate world on a green card either.

Salary JPG.jpg
Thanks for sharing

canfly18
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by canfly18 »

We are a long way behind the US on salaries

Pratt X 3
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Pratt X 3 »

We are also a long way behind in mass shootings and personal bankruptcies due to medical debt...

Have Pratts - Will Travel
Minimums
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Minimums »

Pratt X 3 wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:23 pm We are also a long way behind in mass shootings and personal bankruptcies due to medical debt...
It’s ok though because our dollar is worth 30% less, our housing is generally more expensive everywhere in the country, we are taxed at a higher rate in every bracket and we pay into a carbon tax scheme to help offset our selfish profession. But hey, every chimp gets free healthcare, waits years for surgical appointments and the government is, quitE literally, coming for our guns at taxpayer indebted expense that future generations are going to have to pay for. We won’t talk about how the vast majority of our indigenous communities are living in 3rd world conditions, how tilted to the east our election system is and how we’re letting other countries influence our political leaders. But hey, you just keep acting like were better than them somehow, while making less than them financially.

CL-Skadoo!
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by CL-Skadoo! »

canfly18 wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 6:58 pm We are a long way behind the US on salaries
Interesting, taking our cost of living out of the picture and accepting our cash at par, I'm sitting between the average to high for my type. Definitely not something to brag about, but not as bad as I expected either.

CL-Skadoo!
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by CL-Skadoo! »

Apologies for leaving the turboprops and rotary out of my original post
Turbo-rotary.jpg
Turbo-rotary.jpg (1.27 MiB) Viewed 3341 times

ant_321
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by ant_321 »

Those numbers are much lower than I would have thought.

NovaBoy
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by NovaBoy »

Those salaries look a little lean, compared to what I am hearing from some of the instructors at FlightSafety in Teterboro. Falcon 2000LXS and 7X drivers are around regularly getting $300-350K plus $50K signing bonuses.

CL-Skadoo!
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by CL-Skadoo! »

NovaBoy wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:21 pm Those salaries look a little lean, compared to what I am hearing from some of the instructors at FlightSafety in Teterboro. Falcon 2000LXS and 7X drivers are around regularly getting $300-350K plus $50K signing bonuses.
That’s exactly what I am hearing too. Are people inflating their salaries to compare to the airlines, are the high salary people not participating in surveys? What gives?

Checkspeed
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Checkspeed »

Minimums wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 3:35 am
Pratt X 3 wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:23 pm We are also a long way behind in mass shootings and personal bankruptcies due to medical debt...
It’s ok though because our dollar is worth 30% less, our housing is generally more expensive everywhere in the country, we are taxed at a higher rate in every bracket and we pay into a carbon tax scheme to help offset our selfish profession. But hey, every chimp gets free healthcare, waits years for surgical appointments and the government is, quitE literally, coming for our guns at taxpayer indebted expense that future generations are going to have to pay for. We won’t talk about how the vast majority of our indigenous communities are living in 3rd world conditions, how tilted to the east our election system is and how we’re letting other countries influence our political leaders. But hey, you just keep acting like were better than them somehow, while making less than them financially.
I was going to respond something similar, but Minimums wrote such a perfect response all I can add is- NAILED IT!

JHR
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by JHR »

We must be talking to the same instructor because I am hearing the same 🤣

Pratt X 3
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Pratt X 3 »

Checkspeed wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 6:50 pm
Minimums wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 3:35 am
I was going to respond something similar, but Minimums wrote such a perfect response all I can add is- NAILED IT!
Why bring politics into this? I was merely pointing out 2 of the many factors that would preclude me from exposing both myself and my family to in exchange for more money. If that makes me "act" like I'm better than them, so be it. But I'd rather sell my soul to the devil I know than the one that promises to "fix" all the issues you made above in exchange for money. But since you want to make this political, isn't it funny how the issues you used as an example are almost the same talking points that can be heard south of the border but slightly changed to fit their narrative? Really weird how politicians, no matter where they are or whatever branding they chose to use, always want to promote the fear of getting robbed by some "evil" as they pick your pockets while you are distracted.

Anyways, back to the actual topic at hand, the Salary Survey. Why would a magazine, that relies on advertiser revenue whose targeted clientele is the uber-rich, suppress the actual higher values of salary? Why would they want to bite the hand that feeds them and publish the actual numbers so the servants of the uber-rich can have proof that they are being underpaid and demand a bigger piece of the pie? Weird.

NovaBoy
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by NovaBoy »

It’s the large private flight departments that are paying the big money in the US, same in Canada. For everyone of them there is a lot of charter, and managed companies that are not paying all that well. You only hear about the big money ones. I would guess the big paying private ones do not participate in those salary surveys.

Jet Jockey
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Jet Jockey »

I'm above the "high" salary (in CAD $) for the type of aircraft I fly and would not move to the USA to get their USD salary.

As alluded by others, there is way more then the salary that counts in life.

NovaBoy
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by NovaBoy »

Jet Jockey wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 2:10 pm I'm above the "high" salary (in CAD $) for the type of aircraft I fly and would not move to the USA to get their USD salary.

As alluded by others, there is way more then the salary that counts in life.

I’m in the same boat.

khedrei
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by khedrei »

Pretty sure it was you who brought up politics with this post.

Pratt X 3
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Pratt X 3 »

If you think those things are political, you have fallen for the trick and not kept your eye on what the magician is distracting you from seeing. Or rather, who they don't want you to see as your pocket is picked.

YOWFLYER
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by YOWFLYER »

Same here, we are way above the HIGH number....there is something fishy about these stats.
USA is great to visit, but you couldn't pay me to live there.

Return to “Corporate”