Welcome to Porter

Discuss topics related to Flair Airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Apestogetherstrong
Rank 3
Rank 3

Welcome to Porter

Post by Apestogetherstrong »

https://careers-flyporter.icims.com/job ... e2-yyz/job

The new payscale with great working conditions and only 75MMG. Flair FO’s strongly encouraged to apply.
---------- ADS -----------

Attachments
IMG_9079.png
IMG_9079.png (911.14 KiB) Viewed 4243 times
IMG_9080.png
IMG_9080.png (896.76 KiB) Viewed 4243 times
afterburner&smoke
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Welcome to Porter

Post by afterburner&smoke »

Apestogetherstrong wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 11:57 am https://careers-flyporter.icims.com/job ... e2-yyz/job

The new payscale with great working conditions and only 75MMG. Flair FO’s strongly encouraged to apply.
I think you're looking at more than just FOs tbh. I wouldn't be surprised if captains went over to porter from flair with that stuff.

Plus the company is very loose with its interpretation of the contract from what I hear and the MEC isn't doing much about it.

cdnavater
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by cdnavater »

Wow, those are some impressive numbers, let the pilot wars begin, that’s a big shot across a few bows!

flyinhigh
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by flyinhigh »

I want to hear how tbaylax and co-joe will say that Flairs is actually better on an hourly basis working 85 hrs a month now, just like they did the last 30% bump at Porter.

TC.Enforcement
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by TC.Enforcement »

Apestogetherstrong wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 11:57 am https://careers-flyporter.icims.com/job ... e2-yyz/job

Do you work there? If so, I’ll pass. Flair was the first to settle their new contract this round. Beating our numbers at this point is really not that impressive at all.

the_new_guy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by the_new_guy »

TC.Enforcement wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 8:32 pm

Do you work there? If so, I’ll pass. Flair was the first to settle their new contract this round. Beating our numbers at this point is really not that impressive at all.
Let's be honest here. The only reason why the contract passed is because it was made very clear during discussion with MEC that if this TA didn't pass "EVERYTHING goes back on the table, that includes retro pay and company shares". So most pilots at that point had been with the company for a little while and wanted to see that *big* check, and for those who were with the company for a little while longer they wanted those shares. Even though that could be worth next to nothing because there's no value in them, right now it's ownership of a mixe of air and hopes.

My belief ever since we saw the first slides from that contract presentation is that we are not equipped with the right people in MEC and the company took full advantage of that. All MEC members are long time company men, and they seem more interested in the company's well being than in the membership's.

At this point, since the new contract came out, it has been disrespected with implementation of "new policies" that have never been discussed prior with the membership, have never been voted on, and are just thrown in the face of the pilots with little to no say on it.

The company also has a very interesting way of reading certain items of the contract and the union isn't doing much in the way of stopping that.

And to anyone out there saying that this is a first contract with alpa and that things like that happen and the next one will be better defined, don't. A lot of us were saying this was a rushed attempt to pass the contract, which was already recognized by many to have a lot of grey areas and that had a lot of concessions from the pilots side and very little gain. And when I say very little, I mean it. Salary gains were marginal when you take into consideration the state of the market and this has proven right multiple times since. And salary was really the only gain. We lost a lot on "lifestyle" items that have to do with how we're compensated and how we're scheduled. The MEC never once suggested a strike vote, because they never wanted that to happen. I'm not saying a strike is what you want to see, but that is the most powerful tool in the tool box when you have the right to use it. And had we voted for one, we would've been in our right to use it.

And that is all before we ever saw how the company would read the contract and how they'd apply it. I have nothing personally against no one within management or within the union. But until I see real action taken by our MEC, we will continue to see our CA being used and disregarded at will by the company.

Tbayer2021
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Tbayer2021 »

flyinhigh wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 7:42 am I want to hear how tbaylax and co-joe will say that Flairs is actually better on an hourly basis working 85 hrs a month now, just like they did the last 30% bump at Porter.

https://youtu.be/zl-EFoarXgs

CaptDukeNukem
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by CaptDukeNukem »

Tbayer2021 wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 5:56 am
flyinhigh wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 7:42 am I want to hear how tbaylax and co-joe will say that Flairs is actually better on an hourly basis working 85 hrs a month now, just like they did the last 30% bump at Porter.

https://youtu.be/zl-EFoarXgs
lol

Gameon
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Gameon »

Mid contract pay increase is on the way. Once AC ratifies, Flair will lose a ton of pilots ( already are ) and morale will really suffer. If they want a real "career" airline they'll have to step up and provide better pay and pension benefits. Good for Porter - this is good thing for everyone at long last in Canada.

Blueontop
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Blueontop »

Jesus Christ.. to all Canadian pilots. The first rule of negotiating is…

DO NOT TAKE THE FIRST OFFER

The power is with us. Begin to realize that, think it, live it. This is a the fundamental difference between American mentality and Canadian mentality. Americans think I’ll burn the house to the ground to get it fixed. Canadians think their so nice to let me live in this shitty house.

Flair pilots that rolled over like a beaten dog and voted yes on this sub standard contract you reap what you sow. Hopefully in 3 years you’ll have learned a valuable lesson. Sadly, I think it will not have taught anything.

the_new_guy
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by the_new_guy »

Blueontop wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 1:19 pm Jesus Christ.. to all Canadian pilots. The first rule of negotiating is…

DO NOT TAKE THE FIRST OFFER

The power is with us. Begin to realize that, think it, live it. This is a the fundamental difference between American mentality and Canadian mentality. Americans think I’ll burn the house to the ground to get it fixed. Canadians think their so nice to let me live in this shitty house.

Flair pilots that rolled over like a beaten dog and voted yes on this sub standard contract you reap what you sow. Hopefully in 3 years you’ll have learned a valuable lesson. Sadly, I think it will not have taught anything.
One can hope.

Return to “Flair Airlines”