YUL?

Discuss topics related to Flair Airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

cdnavater
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: YUL?

Post by cdnavater »

SPR wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 8:52 am
co-joe wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 10:57 am Not one of you has done the math to show that your chosen airline has more capacity out of yul but your'e all happy to call out mine and few of you are right in there with the personal insults (classic keyboard warriors)...Likely I misquoted the stat, what was likely meant in the presentation I saw was that Flair is the second largest Canadian carrier out of YUL by number of passengers flown.
Oh, fascinating! Let's do the math then. From my post on July 5, there were 7 domestic AT flights. I don't know what aircraft they were operating, but the smallest it could have been was A321s, so let's be conservative and say that they were all 321s. Those aircraft are configured with 198 seats, so right away we know that each flight had 9 more seats available than Flair could have offered. 7x198=1386. co-joe cited the number 756 in a rather vague way, either referring to the average number of seats available or the average load factor; if it's the former, then they barely have half of Transat's domestic capacity, let alone international, but if it's the latter then Transat's load factor would have to be under 55% for Flair to have carried more pax. Will you clarify which you meant, co-joe? And if it's the latter, will you provide a source for Transat's LF being so low?

For today, Sunwing is offering two flights, and for tomorrow they're offering four, on the same aircraft with the same configuration as Flair. By comparison, Flair offers two today, and none tomorrow. However, all the Sunwing flights are international, and I assume we're dismissing those as irrelevant in order to focus on the specific stats that support co-joe's claim. Transat has 20 flights today, but only two of them are domestic. Even WestJet has four today and two tomorrow, so let's do the math on that: four is bigger than two, so WestJet has more today, and two is bigger than zero, so I'm pretty sure WestJet will have more tomorrow too...WestJet is operating two MAXes with 174 seats, an -800 with 174 seats, and a -700 with 132 seats for a total of 654; in contrast, Flair has 378 seats available. Now, I'm no mathemologist, but I'm pretty sure 654 is a bigger number than 378. I'm not even going to bother doing the math for tomorrow, because Flair has zero flights.

Shall we go on?
He meant over the course of a year, you have to wait and tally up year end to see!
---------- ADS -----------

flyinhigh
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by flyinhigh »

co-joe wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 5:29 pm
the_new_guy wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 10:54 am ...

For as much as we're told, Montreal is still the next target base. As for market, we are already operating out of there, although I agree very little.
Very little? We're the second largest carrier out of YUL by number of passengers flown. Honestly the numbers are really impressive. I would really love to see a YUL base, we have so many amazing people commuting to yyz, and yow and I'm really pulling for them. YHU will happen but spending 200 million on a terminal is not a ULCC move. Porter has the deep pockets to make a bold move like that, and I'm sure it will be a successful venture once complete, but Quebec + construction = cost overruns, and I'd be surprised if they get the doors open for less than half a Billion, once they do, Flair will be a tenant.
Sure about that? Have you not watched what happened at the island? And if it does get opened up, I can guarantee everyone will be going after that cushy monopoly that was struck at Waterloo.

thenoflyzone
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by thenoflyzone »

the_new_guy wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 2:18 pm
I'd love to see that happen. The only issue with yhu is the inability to operate transborder /international flights. If that gets figured out, the hell with yul and its management. But we're not there yet..

We'll see later what that becomes.
There is nothing to figure out.

Aeroport de Montreal, in their lease agreement with Transport Canada - that runs until 2072 btw - has exclusivity on all international flights out of the Montreal market.

YHU will be restricted to domestic flights only until then, which is not what Quebecers are after anyway (just look at YUL's weak domestic passenger numbers. YYC moves significantly more domestic passengers), meaning YHU's passenger numbers will always remain small and insignificant in the grand scheme of things.
Timetoflyagain wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 4:22 pm I'd love to see that happen. The only issue with yhu is the inability to operate transborder /international flights. If that gets figured out, the hell with yul and its management.

..and when the blueprints for the new terminal get drawn…it’s guaranteed that there will be areas easily converted to customs halls and I’d wager..even us preclearance. YUL has a federally provided current monopoly on int’l flights till, I believe, 2025.
Let the games begin…
Nope. I can guarantee the opposite.

Like i said. 2072. The game is a long way from beginning. And when it does, we'll either all be dead, or very very old and in wheelchairs.

Besides, long term, YHU isn't the answer to YUL's problems. It's YMX. Always has been, always will be. And unfortunately, that airport is run by ADM as well. They will keep expanding YUL until every last inch of space is used up, before thinking about building a terminal building at YMX.
cdnavater wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 8:42 am
Way to double down on the delusional comments, in your world, what? Flair is number two to AC.
It’s probably accurate that YUL is number the two airport in Canada for passenger traffic, but I would put Flair at number 6-8(generous) but you are welcome to show your work!
YVR is busier than YUL, in terms of overall passenger numbers (due to YUL's weak domestic numbers). So YUL is #3.

However, as far as airports of entry go, YUL is second busiest, as it's International passenger numbers are well above YVR's.

Return to “Flair Airlines”