Wear your goddamn lanyard!

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

alkaseltzer
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Wear your goddamn lanyard!

Post by alkaseltzer »

GeoffPilot wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 4:44 pm Pretty clear message from our tenacious MEC Chair...

WEAR YOUR WORLD CLASS CONTRACT LANYARD

Shills are now easily identifiable
Shills is a strong word.
---------- ADS -----------

Alkasultzer
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Alkasultzer »

alkaseltzer wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 7:33 pm
GeoffPilot wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 4:44 pm Pretty clear message from our tenacious MEC Chair...

Shills is a strong word.
Does it make you nervous?

Better be wearing that lanyard

alkaseltzer
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by alkaseltzer »

Alkasultzer wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 8:47 pm
alkaseltzer wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 7:33 pm

Shills is a strong word.

Ah yes, the impersonator.

I guess you're the type of guy to pee on someone's leg next to a urinal if they aren't wearing a lanyard. #thuglife

MontrealCanucks
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by MontrealCanucks »

alkaseltzer wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:08 pm
Alkasultzer wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 8:47 pm
alkaseltzer wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2023 7:33 pm Shills is a strong word.

Ah yes, the impersonator.

I guess you're the type of guy to pee on someone's leg next to a urinal if they aren't wearing a lanyard. #thuglife
I guess you're the type of guy not to wear the lanyard your union is telling you to wear

#shilllife

Airbusses
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Airbusses »

Need more red lanyards distributed. Did a turn the other day, between that and my commute I saw one.... Mine!

Army of one
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Army of one »

Airbusses wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 4:48 am Need more red lanyards distributed. Did a turn the other day, between that and my commute I saw one.... Mine!
Ya, that's the AC Pilot way. Very ACPAish. Lots of talk the talk, we are talk the talk experts.

MEC missed a great opportunity as well regarding lanyards, I touched on that back a page or two.

I see we are getting a Professional Standards Committee. Another late and poorly delivered initiative. I touched on that earlier as well.

And yes I know, lots of pilots at the picket. Pickets don't vote.

Only a 90% open rate of the last MEC Email. Add what another 15% barely hanging on in the interested department, then entice one faction within the group to vote YES and viola,..

Our battle cries: Keep our powder dry and, when they go low, we take high road.

Ive seen this movie.

daedalusx
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by daedalusx »

Army of one wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:49 am
Airbusses wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 4:48 am Need more red lanyards distributed. Did a turn the other day, between that and my commute I saw one.... Mine!
Our battle cries: Keep our powder dry and, when they go low, we take high road.

Ive seen this movie.
Don’t forget the old classics:
We’ll get them next time.
We had to capture the work.
This contract sells itself.

In twenty years time when your kids ask how you got into flying you want to be able to say "work and determination" not "I just kept taking money from your grandparents for type ratings until someone was stupid enough to give me a job"
Needswork2020
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Needswork2020 »

Gents (etal),

from a post Cathay point of view, lanyards did F*ck all, and our sh*t committee never managed to turn back the first offer.

The only marginal success that was achieved came when we scared them.

Seeing how much you all fight and bicker here, I reckon you're going down the CX path.

Only walking out works.

Our flight attendants did that and had great victories.

Don't take the first offer, or the second. There is always something that can be made better.. even something as stupid and 2 J class confirmed passes a year...or all hotels must offer free express laundry on lay overs.. the company can negotiate that with vendor for no cost to them, but saves you $$..

My two cents...

RippleRock
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by RippleRock »

Needswork2020 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:21 am Gents (etal),

from a post Cathay point of view, lanyards did F*ck all, and our sh*t committee never managed to turn back the first offer.

The only marginal success that was achieved came when we scared them.

Seeing how much you all fight and bicker here, I reckon you're going down the CX path.

Only walking out works.

Our flight attendants did that and had great victories.

Don't take the first offer, or the second. There is always something that can be made better.. even something as stupid and 2 J class confirmed passes a year...or all hotels must offer free express laundry on lay overs.. the company can negotiate that with vendor for no cost to them, but saves you $$..

My two cents...
Agreed.

This group had better get it's shit together, and fast. This is a once in a career opportunity to "right past wrongs", correct the course. What we do over the next four months will have downline reverberations that will echo thought your entire career.

ACT LIKE A UNION...

....or prepare yourselves to PAY THE PRICE. It will be steep. Want an apartment that you own in YVR or YYZ? Do you want to retire comfortably, do you want to spend "most" of your month away from home while your Spouse raises your kids for you? Do you want comparable buying power to what we once had 20 years ago? How about training within your block month? How about proper daily credit for a 30 hour layover?

You're going to have to EARN every improvement. I won't feel one bit sympathetic toward a group that rolls over. You will deserve everything you get, or don't get.

I've got 6ish years to go, but my objective is to instill a sense of pride and respect back into a profession that sorely needs it. I can't do it alone, no one can.

This is your future much more so than it is mine.

FIGURE IT OUT.

Return to “Air Canada”