Time between application and first contact - Q400

Discuss topics relating to Porter Airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

gturcotte
Rank 0
Rank 0

Time between application and first contact - Q400

Post by gturcotte »

Does anyone have insight on the wait time between applying and getting a response? I applied as an FO on the Q400 in late November, the application status still shows "Under Review" and I haven't heard anything else. Excluding the holidays it's been about 6 weeks. Is this typical and I should just relax/wait?

Since it is often asked, I had ~1250TT and ~250 multi-turbine when I applied.
---------- ADS -----------

CaptDukeNukem
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Time between application and first contact - Q400

Post by CaptDukeNukem »

gturcotte wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 9:31 pm Does anyone have insight on the wait time between applying and getting a response? I applied as an FO on the Q400 in late November, the application status still shows "Under Review" and I haven't heard anything else. Excluding the holidays it's been about 6 weeks. Is this typical and I should just relax/wait?

Well…. First of all, if you haven’t been PFOd yet, then technically you’re still in the game. I think people say on this site: No news is good news. But it is nerve wracking to wait.
There may be a few candidates above you who have more qualifications and they have chosen to move them up above you.

Update your resume on the portal. Might send a type of refresh to the recruiters.

Happyflyer78
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Happyflyer78 »

gturcotte wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 9:31 pm Does anyone have insight on the wait time between applying and getting a response? I applied as an FO on the Q400 in late November, the application status still shows "Under Review" and I haven't heard anything else. Excluding the holidays it's been about 6 weeks. Is this typical and I should just relax/wait?

It’s a long wait, I’ve been waiting a lot longer with a lot of King Air PIC experience. Definitely no shortage of applicants if I’m still waiting.

VFS
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by VFS »

From my experience this is typically the longest part of the process. I believe the HR department does hiring for both the E2 and the Q so they are BUSY! You resume may have just come in at the end of a Q initial contact cycle and they could be working on interviews or E2 hiring at the moment.
Don’t get discouraged, once the contact is made the rest of the process can be very very quick.

meowernaut
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by meowernaut »

Keep waiting and stay patient. I was told I would be getting an offer in early December and it took about 4 weeks (holidays included though) to get the official offer letter. As Duke said, refresh your application, they are incredibly busy with the E2 operation so mentally give them extra time!

LR200
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by LR200 »

Do you know anyone who currently flies for porter? If so kindly ask them to maybe pass your resume along. I am pretty sure porter has an internal recommendation form or something along those lines.

Having someone on the inside will certainly speed things up!

cdnavater
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by cdnavater »

meowernaut wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:32 am

Keep waiting and stay patient. I was told I would be getting an offer in early December and it took about 4 weeks (holidays included though) to get the official offer letter. As Duke said, refresh your application, they are incredibly busy with the E2 operation so mentally give them extra time!
The poster seems to be waiting for an interview request, not a post interview offer. The relevant question would be how long after submitting your application and being invited for an interview.

VFS
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by VFS »

cdnavater wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:20 am
meowernaut wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:32 am

The poster seems to be waiting for an interview request, not a post interview offer. The relevant question would be how long after submitting your application and being invited for an interview.
About 6 weeks from application to interview invitation for me. Interview to day 1 ground school less than 3 weeks. (E2 not Q400 though).

gturcotte
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by gturcotte »

Thanks everyone for your input! I've updated my resume on the portal and I will keep waiting.

Avnom
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Avnom »

Took me 3 week from application to interview.
But much longer to get a sim evaluation. 10 whole extra weeks :/

Return to “Porter Airlines”