FSS to ATC possible?

Topics related to hiring and course information should be placed here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

pancakes
Rank 0
Rank 0

FSS to ATC possible?

Post by pancakes »

I just received NavCanada's email saying I am eligible for FSS but not for ATC. I'm wondering is it possible to transfer from FSS to VFR? I heard that cross-training is currently unavailable and likely will be the case for the next few years. If cross-training is not available then I'm considering to wait for a few years before I try again.
---------- ADS -----------

TheGooseIsLoose
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: FSS to ATC possible?

Post by TheGooseIsLoose »

pancakes wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:31 pm I just received NavCanada's email saying I am eligible for FSS but not for ATC. I'm wondering is it possible to transfer from FSS to VFR? I heard that cross-training is currently unavailable and likely will be the case for the next few years. If cross-training is not available then I'm considering to wait for a few years before I try again.
I work with 3 IFR controllers who were formerly FSS. It's definitely possible, and never a bad idea to get your foot in the door with Nav in any position. Having said that, it usually take years to get an ATC training offer and you may never get the opportunity to make the change.

GTA6
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by GTA6 »

pancakes wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:31 pm I just received NavCanada's email saying I am eligible for FSS but not for ATC. I'm wondering is it possible to transfer from FSS to VFR? I heard that cross-training is currently unavailable and likely will be the case for the next few years. If cross-training is not available then I'm considering to wait for a few years before I try again.
Hey, Did you do your interview already. are you eligible for an offer? or is that just test results?

pancakes
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by pancakes »

GTA6 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:50 am
Hey, Did you do your interview already. are you eligible for an offer? or is that just test results?
Yeah I did the interview. FSS eligible for offer, but ATC not eligible for offer.

Return to “NavCanada Hiring”