New to Calgary - Strong desire to flight instruct again.

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

balderdash
Rank 0
Rank 0

New to Calgary - Strong desire to flight instruct again.

Post by balderdash »

Hello everyone!

I relocated to the Calgary area from Toronto and really miss the gratification of flight instructing. While I was instructing at a busy school in Toronto, it was satisfying being able to pass along the knowledge and skills to prospective aviators. After all, what can be more exhiliarting than watching your own student progress over time? With this fantastic weather among us, I have the strong desire to teach once again. Can anyone offer any suggestions or recommendations of flight training units around Calgary that may need an instructor (even if it's on a part-time or casual basis)? Thanks..and happy landings to everyone out there! :D
---------- ADS -----------

like2fly
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by like2fly »

What class of instructor are you?

All the best in your search.

Cheers

balderdash
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by balderdash »

Like2Fly - Thank you for your best wishes!

A little more about my experience - Presently, I am a Class 3 instructor with just under 1300 hours. I meet the experience requirements to become a Class 2 instructor...and will likely attempt to upgrade this summer. I also have an FAA Instructor Rating (CFI, CFII, & MEI). A few years ago, I received an offer of employment with Embry-Riddle; however, September 11 nullified that opportunity....but that's another story in itself. :wink:

like2fly
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by like2fly »

balderdash,

please check your PM's.

like2fly

Shiny Side Up
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Shiny Side Up »

Do you really miss Co-op brand macaroni and simulated cheese flavoring that much? :wink:

We can't stop here! This is BAT country!
shitdisturber
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by shitdisturber »

Now that's part of your problem; some things just aren't worth scrimping on. It's gotta be KD! :)

Shiny Side Up
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Shiny Side Up »

You obviously make more money than I do.

We can't stop here! This is BAT country!
dont_snag_it
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by dont_snag_it »

8)

Last edited by dont_snag_it on Tue Jun 29, 2004 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
wollypilot
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by wollypilot »

i don't miss instructing too much.
Cheers, wp

yoohoo
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by yoohoo »

hey balderdash - i didnt know u moved to calgary. i hope start flyin' again soon, your an awesome instructor. thanks for the great training. id recomend u to any empoyer anytime. email me when u get the chance.

ck

balderdash
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by balderdash »

Are there any instructors (on this forum) working for either Morgan Air or the Calgary Flying Club who wouldn't mind answering a few questions for me?

LoadFactor2 - Thanks for the well wishes! I really miss all the guys and the great flying back east. PM me sometime, i'd like to hear more about how everyone is doing these days. If you ever find yourself in the Calgary area, let me know...and i'll find some time for us in the simulator where i'm working. Cheers! :D

Yoohoo - You were always a motivated student. I wish you luck in your aviation aspiration(s). It's a tough road ahead; however, I have no doubt you'll conquer any roadblocks just like you've always demonstrated to me. I promise to email you soon with all the latest from my end.

:wink:

like2fly
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by like2fly »

balderdash,

did you get my PM?

balderdash
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by balderdash »

Like2Fly,

Yes, I did receive your PM. Thank you very much for all that great advice! In response, I did send you a reply message - did you happen to receive it also? I addressed a couple of questions on my message, so if you didn't receive it, let me know and I can send it again. Thanks! :D

like2fly
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by like2fly »

I just checked and there is nothing in my inbox. Try re-sending it and if it still poses problems, then you could post your stuff right here.

Cheers

Return to “Flight Training”