Jetsgo Training "Bond" & credit rating

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

level510
Rank 0
Rank 0

Jetsgo Training "Bond" & credit rating

Post by level510 »

Just a question are you SOL if your credit rating sucks?
---------- ADS -----------

Drop Bags Bar
brokenwing
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by brokenwing »

Does'nt every pilots credit rating suck? ...

Sorry had to say it.

Im not sure how the bank would look at ya' if they knew the loan was for a gaurunteed job. Maybe call up a bank familier with it and giv'er. All they can say is no. Trust me....once you get used to it, it does'nt hurt anymore. :lol:

best of luck.
BW

Doc
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Doc »

If I could get my paws on 30K, I'd be parked on their doorstep! Methinks JetsGo will be around for a while. So will WestJet. But it's a big enoug playground for both....and they really need each other to keep them honest. But, we really need Air Canada as well. Too bad their FA's all look like my mom....did I say that out loud?

Rebel
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Rebel »

Canjet to get new 737 500's?

The word out here in Halifax is that they have just had delivery of their first 737-500, leased for a song. Former Sabena a/c.

The background is in motion..

Hmm

twinpratts
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by twinpratts »

If I was going to need 30K for them... I'd look at a secure lind of credit, (ie. secured against my house). It could mean a low intrest rate, and no need to pay principal initially. I hear this is important, especially since you only get intrest payments in the first 6 mos (so I'm told).
However, a word to the wise... with so much growth projected at J-go, in a short period of time... It could be risky! (especially since they don't have to show anyone their financial records...)
Hope this helps.

Panama Jack
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Panama Jack »

Doc wrote:Too bad their FA's all look like my mom....did I say that out loud?
All of them? Wow, some mom's must be pretty young and hot! :P

just another pilot
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by just another pilot »

No MILFs at AC...that I ever saw anyway.

ahramin
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by ahramin »

AHEM

they are not FAs anymore, they are cabin safety crews.

What i would give for a good old fashioned STEWARDESS.

I think we are missing one thing in this $30K discussion on JetsGo though:

Wouldn't you pay $30K to be able to go back and get in on the ground floor at WestJet? Granted, JetsGo may go tits up and almost certainly will never make it the way WestJet is, but the opportunity to get on with an airline that you may be able to retire very well with is there.

ahramin

Last edited by ahramin on Tue Feb 24, 2004 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by ... »

Cabin Safety Cews!!!!!?????? When did that happen?!?!

ahramin
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by ahramin »

Flew WestJet out of YYJ in January as was introduced to "Today's cabin safety crew" in addition to the cowboys flying "this big bad bird".

NOTE: Have nothing against cowboy pilots personally (guess you could say i am one) and these guys flew a much smoother approach and landing than the flight down. Just never seen an airplane taxi that fast before!!
------------------------------------
Real pilots don't do go-arounds

ahramin.

jimmyjazz
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by jimmyjazz »

Yea my last flight on wjet we taxied in toronto at what felt like 30 or 40 knots sharp left turn on to runway and takeoff power while everyone is plastered on the right side of the plane, Ill still keep flying west jet though because I refuse to pay money to have someone be rude to me.
unless I met her on Jarvis street

The Bandit
Rank 1
Rank 1

training bond & Jetsgo

Post by The Bandit »

I was talking with a guy from MOT today, he says the training bond issue is going out the door with them brining on the addition of different jets to thier fleet. If thats the case great, if not, noting wrong giving the company $$ to showing your comitment. Having to put up returnable cash to secure a position not a whore but a person who needs a job.
my 2 cents

loopy
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by loopy »

That's the first I've heard of it, Bandit. I was talking to a senior guy inside and he thought the practice was sticking around.

pimper
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by pimper »

Its sticking around!

Valhalla
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: training bond & Jetsgo

Post by Valhalla »

The Bandit wrote:noting wrong giving the company $$ to showing your comitment. Having to put up returnable cash to secure a position not a whore but a person who needs a job.
my 2 cents
There is something VERY wrong with giving the company money to show your commitment. It sets a dangerous precident. What if every other airline adopted this policy? Better hope your rich parents can buy you a job!

This isn't Michel Leblanc's first attempt at creating a successful airline. It isn't his second either... There are definetly no guarantees this venture will be sucessful and $30,000 is a lot of money to gamble.

Right Seat Captain
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by Right Seat Captain »

Question:

Are there any companies, non-aviation related that ask for a large sum of cash to train you?

RB211
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: training bond & Jetsgo

Post by RB211 »

The Bandit wrote:I was talking with a guy from MOT today, he says the training bond issue is going out the door with them brining on the addition of different jets to thier fleet. If thats the case great, if not, noting wrong giving the company $$ to showing your comitment. Having to put up returnable cash to secure a position not a whore but a person who needs a job.
my 2 cents
One of the reasons giving $$ to the company is a poor, potentailly dangerous practise, is the reason the bond may go.

If it takes $30,000 to get the job, is the best qualified candidate being hired? With all the new a/c, upgrades will come fast and furious. Who do you want in the left seat? The richest pilot or the most qualified/experienced? TC, apparently, is very concerned.

Dockjock
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Dockjock »

I'd sure pay $30K to go back in time and get hired by WJ in its second year of operation. The big difference is that along with WJ's crappy salary you get profit sharing and stock options to make up the difference. At Jetsgo you just get the crappy salary while the owner keeps all the profit.

pimper
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by pimper »

Get your facts straight guys before posting. The reason the 30 grand is still there is because qualified pilots are still applying in droves. Upgrades are still fast and furious IF YOU ARE QUALIFIED. Ask the FO's that have been bi-passed. And there is a profit sharing deal in place at JetsGo.

corn-shoot
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by corn-shoot »

Doc wrote: Too bad their FA's all look like my mom....did I say that out loud?

Doc, I never had any issue with your mother. In fact, if you have a major underbite and thick red hair all over your body, you're probably mine. Give me your address so I know where to send the child support cheques!

To others, the guy asked about a credit rating not whether or not training bonds were good. SHUT YER YAPPERS about it already! :wink:

Return to “General Comments”