Moncton Flight College

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

yxu737
Rank 2
Rank 2

Moncton Flight College

Post by yxu737 »

Any pilots that have gone to moncton flight college
list jobs that you had after school...
---------- ADS -----------

wingspan
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by wingspan »

Drive-Thru service agent at Tim Hortons.

I did not have to pay for my PPC :D

KAG
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by KAG »

well I worked at staples after school selling furniture. :lol:

SeriouslyI got on with Wasaya slinging bags. Then I did the instructor route when I realised it would be over 2 years to get into a seat.

It doesn't matter what school you attend to get that first job, it has more to do with connections and attitude/personality.

Cheers.

The feet you step on today might be attached to the ass you're kissing tomorrow.
Chase lifestyle not metal.
Flychicka
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Flychicka »

Are you looking for info on the school, or just trying to catch up with some old friends? Either way, had a great time at MFC, now flying 99's up north.

Cheers

yxu737
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by yxu737 »

i am staring there on tuesday
I just want to see where people that have gone there end up...

Demosthenes
Rank 1
Rank 1

Jobs after MFC

Post by Demosthenes »

Personally I've been one of the lucky ones. I've worked for FPL in Miramichi, did my Instructor Rating and flown a King air. Other members of my graduating classes have gone on to be captains on Navajo's, PC-12's, Caravans, King Airs, DC-3's and 1900's.

Yes it's true that immediately after you leave MFC you shouldn't expect an airline position straight away, but if there are any schools out there that can promise that, I'd like to speak with them. Obviously they know something I don't.

I'm proud to me a MFC graduate, it's helped me achieve everything I have in the aviation industry so far. Everywhere I go, the MFC name is recognized and respected. Great experience overall.

Cheers,

D.

Altitude, Airspeed and Brains,
You always need at least two...
lanew
Rank 0
Rank 0

yxu737

Post by lanew »

Sent you a PM.

William

Tholl
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Tholl »

What are the REQ. for that school?
-Tholl

lanew
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by lanew »

If you mean requisites, then check out the site: http://www.mfc.nb.ca

FUBAR
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by FUBAR »

MFC 2000

I'm still above ground...

yxu737
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by yxu737 »

Fubar
What does that mean?

FUBAR
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by FUBAR »

...whatever you want it to mean.

Cheers!!

invertedattitude
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by invertedattitude »

yxu737 wrote:Fubar
What does that mean?
Its German

energie
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by energie »

I'm seriously considering MFC, all this information is very appreciated!

Bushwacker
Rank 0
Rank 0

Don't believe everything they tell you.

Post by Bushwacker »

So much to say. Well first off I guess its an alright school. I will admit they use pretty good lure tactics to try and get you in there. Once in, you're subject to a life of debt. Everything there is subject to change, espically tuition, which was hiked my second year by an extra 2 grand, thought that was rather special. This was done to bring the utmost usless plane onboard, those fiberglass wonders, but then again bondo is holding together about 75% of the cars today...not that I'd trust that bondo to get my rear off the ground and keep it up there. Ideal for flight training my a**. When in the real world are you ever going to fly one of those again? I'd much rather log 172 time, since once you get out, chances are good you'll be aboard one, or something similar when you do get your first job. The King Air was fun, can't argue with that, but if I had a choice now, I'd much rather have spent it on another few hours than just some sim time. May be useful someday, but not when you need all the time you can get right out of school. Can't say much for the mangagement material. Two years there and the CEO didn't even know my name, just another figure in their back account was all, nor did they make any real effort to even know who we were. Just rubbed off on me as a company that is just trying to promote themselves as the best around, but yet they do nothing after the fact, just push you off a ledge and hope you land feet first. After all, it is a business, and they are there to make money, and they do well at that. If there is anything good about the school, I'd have to say it would be the actual instructors. Most of them know they're stuff, although the majority have never worked outside the school, they all have good intentions. Unless your a Moma's boy and have everything paid for, (which about 85% of the students are) don't expect to leave there, getting a high paying airline job, let alone a job at all unless your daddy's a pilot and knows a guy who knows a guy. Most will just laugh at you, 200 hours is a joke. Just be prepared to spend the next two years in the freezing cold, waiting your turn. If you're honest and hardworking, and you really want this as a career, it'll work out, but you have to stick with it., because no one is going to look out for you but yourself, no matter how good the school may make the industry and air canada look.

On a side note, after graduation I couldn't afford anything, so I worked out of the aviation industry for 2 years to make a little coin back, and applied for jobs everywhere. Finally did get a ramp job, and am still working at it. Maybe in the next 1 to 2 years I'll get aboard something, (been almost a year now) but all you can do in the meantime is put your nose to the grindstone and keep working.

I know it sounds bitter, because it is. If I had to do it all over again I'd go to a trade school, make a few dollars, and save up for flight school, and maybe then. Ah well, to deep in it now to give up, so I'll just work away at it some more :)

Trust your instincts and just go where the money is.
China Instructor
Rank 1
Rank 1

Working at MFC

Post by China Instructor »

I've been offered a job with MFC and I'm looking for a little more info.

Whats it like to work there in terms of working environment? How long can someone expect before they can start teaching multi? Also, whats the city of Moncton like?

Thanks for any help.

Trent Steel
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Trent Steel »

I'll agree with bushwacker on this one. Some of the instructors are good, some (in 99-01) were dudes with 100 more hours than the average student....meaning they can teach you how to fly a 172 or whatever sweet ride you're in. I left there, worked the ramp in YK, flew twin otter's, 200's and now the dash7. I'd also like to have the money back spent on the sim there.. :evil:

Glory.
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Glory. »

Yea, thanks for all the info, I am considering Moncton as well, although just the ICPC program.. I figure I will just get all the ratings at one go, b/c the money figure of 35-40 thousand dollars is about the same if you go through a stuctured program or just get the ratings one by one. And all the schools Iv looked at all quote around 200 hours upon graduation.. so realistically im looking forward to the shitty job :roll:

And the structured ICPC program is cheaper, but still in a school like environment

But keep all the comments and experiences about Moncton coming, their greatly appreciated :lol:

Mohsin
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Mohsin »

My pop's an Airbus captain for an international carrier, and he's got a first officer flying with him who got his CPL from Moncton....

Return to “Flight Training”