What are your favourite computer games?
Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore
What are your favourite computer games?
What have you played and really enjoyed?
I've played the following online games to pro/gosu status:
AirWarrior II
Asheron's Call
Asheron's Call II
City of Heroes
Earth and Beyond
World of Warcraft
Eve Online (currently playing)
I have enjoyed and beaten these stand alone games:
X-Com UFO defense
Warcraft
Warcraft 2
Starcraft
Doom II
Duke Nukem
Civilization II
Civilization III
Civilization IV
Sim City
Sim City 2000
Sim City 4
Alpha Centauri
Panzer General
Panzer General II
Command and Conquer (series)
and many more that I can't remember right now...
I've played the following online games to pro/gosu status:
AirWarrior II
Asheron's Call
Asheron's Call II
City of Heroes
Earth and Beyond
World of Warcraft
Eve Online (currently playing)
I have enjoyed and beaten these stand alone games:
X-Com UFO defense
Warcraft
Warcraft 2
Starcraft
Doom II
Duke Nukem
Civilization II
Civilization III
Civilization IV
Sim City
Sim City 2000
Sim City 4
Alpha Centauri
Panzer General
Panzer General II
Command and Conquer (series)
and many more that I can't remember right now...
"FLY THE AIRPLANE"!
http://www.youtube.com/hazatude
http://www.youtube.com/hazatude
- bizjet_mania
- Rank 8

- Posts: 982
- Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2005 9:37 am
You should bring her in for a nice twilight flight...
"FLY THE AIRPLANE"!
http://www.youtube.com/hazatude
http://www.youtube.com/hazatude
-
heavymetal
- Rank 4

- Posts: 219
- Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2004 10:57 am
I am definately a fan of Half Life 1 and 2. Half Life one was a huge rush and then 2 came out years later and kicked Half Life 1's ass. Age of Empires is definately up there too for a completely different type of game play.
I'm never played as the villian in the stories I've told.
-
lilfssister
- Rank Moderator

- Posts: 2783
- Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2004 2:51 pm
- Location: Mysteryville Castle
- Scuba_Steve
- Rank 7

- Posts: 660
- Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 9:10 pm
- rotateandfly
- Rank 5

- Posts: 386
- Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2005 7:53 am
- Location: right here
Definitely Day of Defeat. However I also really enjoyed Operation Flashpoint which I bought on ebay for like a dollar!
I used to consider gaming a huge waste of time and didnt do it in my early teenage years. Now that I frequently work night shifts, it helps dealing with frustration
I used to consider gaming a huge waste of time and didnt do it in my early teenage years. Now that I frequently work night shifts, it helps dealing with frustration
-
just another pilot
- Rank (9)

- Posts: 1069
- Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 2:05 pm
- Location: Edmonton
The Bishopjust another pilot wrote:Haz...what else have you beaten in your mom's basement...![]()
![]()
"FLY THE AIRPLANE"!
http://www.youtube.com/hazatude
http://www.youtube.com/hazatude
The whole Civilization series was great.
I hate to admit it to present company, but I've always been a big fan of MS Flight Simulator
Operation Flashpoint.. Great
Rome Total War is pretty good.
I remember playing Warcraft II and Doom II online, lots of fun.
Currently enjoying America's Army, Setter's - Heritage of Kings, and an old one called Transport Tycoon Deluxe.
Finished up with Sid Meier's Pirate's, which was pretty neat.
I hate to admit it to present company, but I've always been a big fan of MS Flight Simulator
Operation Flashpoint.. Great
Rome Total War is pretty good.
I remember playing Warcraft II and Doom II online, lots of fun.
Currently enjoying America's Army, Setter's - Heritage of Kings, and an old one called Transport Tycoon Deluxe.
Finished up with Sid Meier's Pirate's, which was pretty neat.
Hmm...long list. I don't play much on-line.
Steel Panthers (WAW, MBT, III)
An oldie but a goody. I'm a military history buff, and I really like the fact that they go out of their way to accurately model the game behaviour.
Neverwinter Nights
Star Wars: Knights of The Old Republic (both of 'em)
Star Wars: Empire at War
Silent Hunter III (once again, hyper-realistic. Almost a simulator)
Evil Genius
Dawn of War (Because Imperial Space Marines really do kick ass)
Steel Panthers (WAW, MBT, III)
An oldie but a goody. I'm a military history buff, and I really like the fact that they go out of their way to accurately model the game behaviour.
Neverwinter Nights
Star Wars: Knights of The Old Republic (both of 'em)
Star Wars: Empire at War
Silent Hunter III (once again, hyper-realistic. Almost a simulator)
Evil Genius
Dawn of War (Because Imperial Space Marines really do kick ass)

Please don't tell my mother that I work in the Oilpatch...she still thinks that I'm the piano player at a whorehouse.
Lately I've been suffering from a lack of motivation to play games, but I enjoy Unreal Tournament 2004 and America's Army for online stuff... the other day I reinstalled Simcity 3000 for the hell of it, and have been toying with it a little bit.
A few weeks ago I found a neat opensource 3d version of Scorched earth that I've played with some friends on the internet... pretty fun - it's called Scorched 3D.
Also used to play with Flight Simulator 2004 quite a bit online with VATSIM, but I don't really have the time for it anymore it seems!
Empire Earth II is another really good strategy game that kept me entertained for a while
A few weeks ago I found a neat opensource 3d version of Scorched earth that I've played with some friends on the internet... pretty fun - it's called Scorched 3D.
Also used to play with Flight Simulator 2004 quite a bit online with VATSIM, but I don't really have the time for it anymore it seems!
Empire Earth II is another really good strategy game that kept me entertained for a while
Right you are, oh hirsute one. Counterstrike (and Half-life, and all of the half-life mods) were very much the shit back in the day.
I'm not really much for FPS myself...probably has something to do with the fact that I use a notebook, and unless you want to spend $3000+, you can't really get one with the rip-snorting kinda grahpics performance that FPS calls out for.
I'm not really much for FPS myself...probably has something to do with the fact that I use a notebook, and unless you want to spend $3000+, you can't really get one with the rip-snorting kinda grahpics performance that FPS calls out for.

Please don't tell my mother that I work in the Oilpatch...she still thinks that I'm the piano player at a whorehouse.
-
Intentional Left Bank
- Rank 5

- Posts: 319
- Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 12:31 am
- Dust Devil
- Rank 11

- Posts: 4027
- Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:55 am
- Location: Riderville
- Dust Devil
- Rank 11

- Posts: 4027
- Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:55 am
- Location: Riderville
http://www.rrrrthats5rs.com/games/dont-shoot-the-puppy
or
http://www.rrrrthats5rs.com/games/get-to-the-finish/
or
http://www.rrrrthats5rs.com/games/get-to-the-finish/
ever notice how there are no car chase scenes in books?

