What are your favourite computer games?

This forum is for non aviation related topics, political debate, random thoughts, and everything else that just doesn't seem to fit in the normal forums. ALL FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

Locked
User avatar
hazatude
Top Poster
Top Poster
Posts: 6103
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2005 4:02 pm
Location: Hamilton
Contact:

What are your favourite computer games?

Post by hazatude »

What have you played and really enjoyed?

I've played the following online games to pro/gosu status:

AirWarrior II
Asheron's Call
Asheron's Call II
City of Heroes
Earth and Beyond
World of Warcraft
Eve Online (currently playing)

I have enjoyed and beaten these stand alone games:

X-Com UFO defense
Warcraft
Warcraft 2
Starcraft
Doom II
Duke Nukem
Civilization II
Civilization III
Civilization IV
Sim City
Sim City 2000
Sim City 4
Alpha Centauri
Panzer General
Panzer General II
Command and Conquer (series)
and many more that I can't remember right now...
---------- ADS -----------
 
User avatar
bizjet_mania
Rank 8
Rank 8
Posts: 982
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2005 9:37 am

Post by bizjet_mania »

I dont play with computer games anymore, now I play with my girlfriend :lol: :wink:
---------- ADS -----------
 
User avatar
hazatude
Top Poster
Top Poster
Posts: 6103
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2005 4:02 pm
Location: Hamilton
Contact:

Post by hazatude »

You should bring her in for a nice twilight flight...
---------- ADS -----------
 
heavymetal
Rank 4
Rank 4
Posts: 219
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2004 10:57 am

Post by heavymetal »

I am definately a fan of Half Life 1 and 2. Half Life one was a huge rush and then 2 came out years later and kicked Half Life 1's ass. Age of Empires is definately up there too for a completely different type of game play.
---------- ADS -----------
 
I'm never played as the villian in the stories I've told.
lilfssister
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator
Posts: 2783
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2004 2:51 pm
Location: Mysteryville Castle

Post by lilfssister »

Avcanada?
---------- ADS -----------
 
User avatar
Scuba_Steve
Rank 7
Rank 7
Posts: 660
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2004 9:10 pm

Post by Scuba_Steve »

Day of Defeat..

Play World of Warcraft as well..
---------- ADS -----------
 
User avatar
rotateandfly
Rank 5
Rank 5
Posts: 386
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2005 7:53 am
Location: right here

Post by rotateandfly »

Definitely Day of Defeat. However I also really enjoyed Operation Flashpoint which I bought on ebay for like a dollar!

I used to consider gaming a huge waste of time and didnt do it in my early teenage years. Now that I frequently work night shifts, it helps dealing with frustration :wink:
---------- ADS -----------
 
just another pilot
Rank (9)
Rank (9)
Posts: 1069
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 2:05 pm
Location: Edmonton

Post by just another pilot »

Haz...what else have you beaten in your mom's basement... :lol: :shock: :wink:
---------- ADS -----------
 
User avatar
hazatude
Top Poster
Top Poster
Posts: 6103
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2005 4:02 pm
Location: Hamilton
Contact:

Post by hazatude »

just another pilot wrote:Haz...what else have you beaten in your mom's basement... :lol: :shock: :wink:
The Bishop :wink:
---------- ADS -----------
 
Go Guns
Rank 8
Rank 8
Posts: 967
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 6:22 pm
Location: on my way

Post by Go Guns »

The whole Civilization series was great.

I hate to admit it to present company, but I've always been a big fan of MS Flight Simulator

Operation Flashpoint.. Great

Rome Total War is pretty good.

I remember playing Warcraft II and Doom II online, lots of fun.

Currently enjoying America's Army, Setter's - Heritage of Kings, and an old one called Transport Tycoon Deluxe.

Finished up with Sid Meier's Pirate's, which was pretty neat.
---------- ADS -----------
 
w squared
Rank 10
Rank 10
Posts: 2040
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2004 2:32 pm
Location: Somewhere in the patch

Post by w squared »

Hmm...long list. I don't play much on-line.

Steel Panthers (WAW, MBT, III)
An oldie but a goody. I'm a military history buff, and I really like the fact that they go out of their way to accurately model the game behaviour.

Neverwinter Nights
Star Wars: Knights of The Old Republic (both of 'em)
Star Wars: Empire at War
Silent Hunter III (once again, hyper-realistic. Almost a simulator)
Evil Genius
Dawn of War (Because Imperial Space Marines really do kick ass)
---------- ADS -----------
 
Image

Please don't tell my mother that I work in the Oilpatch...she still thinks that I'm the piano player at a whorehouse.
User avatar
Guido
Rank (9)
Rank (9)
Posts: 1377
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2004 10:52 pm
Location: Over there.

Post by Guido »

Lately I've been suffering from a lack of motivation to play games, but I enjoy Unreal Tournament 2004 and America's Army for online stuff... the other day I reinstalled Simcity 3000 for the hell of it, and have been toying with it a little bit.

A few weeks ago I found a neat opensource 3d version of Scorched earth that I've played with some friends on the internet... pretty fun - it's called Scorched 3D.

Also used to play with Flight Simulator 2004 quite a bit online with VATSIM, but I don't really have the time for it anymore it seems!

Empire Earth II is another really good strategy game that kept me entertained for a while
---------- ADS -----------
 
User avatar
Jeremy
Rank 5
Rank 5
Posts: 323
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:30 am
Location: The Wet Coast.

Post by Jeremy »

Counterstrikeis KING!! It's a mod for Half Life 1....used to play it tonnes back in the day.
---------- ADS -----------
 
w squared
Rank 10
Rank 10
Posts: 2040
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2004 2:32 pm
Location: Somewhere in the patch

Post by w squared »

Right you are, oh hirsute one. Counterstrike (and Half-life, and all of the half-life mods) were very much the shit back in the day.

I'm not really much for FPS myself...probably has something to do with the fact that I use a notebook, and unless you want to spend $3000+, you can't really get one with the rip-snorting kinda grahpics performance that FPS calls out for. :cry:
---------- ADS -----------
 
Image

Please don't tell my mother that I work in the Oilpatch...she still thinks that I'm the piano player at a whorehouse.
Intentional Left Bank
Rank 5
Rank 5
Posts: 319
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 12:31 am

Post by Intentional Left Bank »

Falcon 4.0.
---------- ADS -----------
 
User avatar
Dust Devil
Rank 11
Rank 11
Posts: 4027
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:55 am
Location: Riderville

Post by Dust Devil »

I'm partial to the leisure suit larry series.

ken sent me
---------- ADS -----------
 
//=S=//


A parent's only as good as their dumbest kid. If one wins a Nobel Prize but the other gets robbed by a hooker, you failed
User avatar
Dust Devil
Rank 11
Rank 11
Posts: 4027
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:55 am
Location: Riderville

Post by Dust Devil »

why did it astrix out l.a.r.r.y?
---------- ADS -----------
 
//=S=//


A parent's only as good as their dumbest kid. If one wins a Nobel Prize but the other gets robbed by a hooker, you failed
hanrahan
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 1:11 pm
Location: up and slightly to the left

Post by hanrahan »

---------- ADS -----------
 
ever notice how there are no car chase scenes in books?
hanrahan
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 1:11 pm
Location: up and slightly to the left

Post by hanrahan »

oops x2
---------- ADS -----------
 
ever notice how there are no car chase scenes in books?
User avatar
x-wind
Rank 7
Rank 7
Posts: 739
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2005 10:23 pm
Location: Around

Post by x-wind »

Battlefeild 2, for flight sims I like IL2, Motorcross madness 1 & 2 :!:

Half life made me dissy for some reason/

Doom is way to scary
---------- ADS -----------
 
Locked

Return to “The Water Cooler”