Nicest Terminals YOU'VE Parked At

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Nicest Terminal

Pikangikum
18
60%
Deer Lake
6
20%
Cat Lake
6
20%
 
Total votes: 30

Wigwam Willie
Rank 3
Rank 3
Posts: 111
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:55 am
Location: Sunny Delta

Nicest Terminals YOU'VE Parked At

Post by Wigwam Willie »

I will rank my top THREE and perhaps you can follow suit? If you are ever in Cat Lake, try the Serloin!

Image
Image
Image
---------- ADS -----------
 
Image

Pass the dutchie on the left hand side.
...
Rank 11
Rank 11
Posts: 4581
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2004 7:18 pm

Post by ... »

Gosh I miss the Pik. Brings back a flood of memories.

Image
---------- ADS -----------
 
. .
Rank 10
Rank 10
Posts: 2670
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 12:53 am

Post by . . »

2 comments

I can't believe satchigo didn't make that list.

Please post a picture of the 1 armed wasaya agent from cat lake (aka. the one armed bandit)
---------- ADS -----------
 
Rudy
Rank (9)
Rank (9)
Posts: 1173
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 10:00 am
Location: N. Ont

Post by Rudy »

After this let's do nicest airport outhouses.
---------- ADS -----------
 
. .
Rank 10
Rank 10
Posts: 2670
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 12:53 am

Post by . . »

la loche takes the airport outhouse category by a margin impossible for most to grasp. it truly is hells bedpan.
---------- ADS -----------
 
Rowdy
Top Poster
Top Poster
Posts: 5166
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:26 pm
Location: On Borrowed Wings

Post by Rowdy »

Wow! There are fences and signs! Pretty high class if you ask me.

Cat lake looks pretty spiffy! :wink:
---------- ADS -----------
 
flyinhigh
Rank 11
Rank 11
Posts: 3147
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2004 7:42 pm
Location: my couch

Post by flyinhigh »

ahhhh, I miss the juevenile broads in ypm.
flucker time for a flight to visit your kids!!! :D
---------- ADS -----------
 
Rowdy
Top Poster
Top Poster
Posts: 5166
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:26 pm
Location: On Borrowed Wings

Post by Rowdy »

endless wrote:la loche takes the airport outhouse category by a margin impossible for most to grasp. it truly is hells bedpan.

You're not exagerating on that one either :? holy smokes!

If you're curiouse I have pics from when la loche was a dirt strip in the mid 70's
---------- ADS -----------
 
heavymetal
Rank 4
Rank 4
Posts: 219
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2004 10:57 am

Post by heavymetal »

Cat Lake is far to Martha Stewart with its sunshine yellow paint welcoming all citizens and tourists to its town. I can see why most people get put off by it and no one has voted for it as of yet. YPM screams angst and frustration with the sloppy flat black spray paint tags and random pieces of shit scattered everywhere. Probably makes most Pilots feel at home.
---------- ADS -----------
 
I'm never played as the villian in the stories I've told.
No Conflict
Rank 7
Rank 7
Posts: 610
Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2004 6:48 am
Location: All over the friggin' place....

Post by No Conflict »

I really love the "WELCOME TO HELL, F*CKERZ! ENJOY YOUR STAY!!" Spray painted on the fuel tank at Cat Lake......Makes you all warm and fuzzy inside!!
---------- ADS -----------
 
User avatar
yodan
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 45
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2004 1:06 pm

Best Terminals

Post by yodan »

Don't have pics, but John D'Or Prairie, Fox Lake and Garden River look like there in the same class/category :D
---------- ADS -----------
 
Four1oh
Rank 10
Rank 10
Posts: 2448
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:24 pm

Post by Four1oh »

I only ever flew into those places on floats, and I give Cat Lake the 'best Dock' category!
---------- ADS -----------
 
Walker
Rank (9)
Rank (9)
Posts: 1070
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:17 pm
Location: Left Coast... (CYYJ)

Post by Walker »

Tehehehe, you should come to MY island some time, you can imagine my shock when I found it on Google one day….. I JUST HAD to go check it out, (sorry Erik, I hope you don’t mind that im starting your modeling career early by posting this steamy hot pic of you) ;)

I give you:
Walkers Cay, in all its rundown Bahamian glory…

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
---------- ADS -----------
 
User avatar
Miss Mae
Rank 5
Rank 5
Posts: 352
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2004 6:45 pm
Location: Ontario

Post by Miss Mae »

endless wrote:2 comments

I can't believe satchigo didn't make that list.

Please post a picture of the 1 armed wasaya agent from cat lake (aka. the one armed bandit)
I vote for Pik (my fav place to get stranded)

Sachigo is a close 2nd :wink:
---------- ADS -----------
 
codfish
Rank 2
Rank 2
Posts: 98
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 4:48 pm

Post by codfish »

Who's the FAG with no shirt on next to the 172? you should send that pic out with your resume!

Ha Ha Anywaazzzzzzz
---------- ADS -----------
 
frog
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator
Posts: 766
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 4:58 pm

Post by frog »

La Loche!
Impossible to beat that...
---------- ADS -----------
 
User avatar
fanspeed
Rank 6
Rank 6
Posts: 406
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2005 9:59 am

Post by fanspeed »

shammattawa
---------- ADS -----------
 
TopperHarley
Rank (9)
Rank (9)
Posts: 1870
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2004 2:56 pm

Post by TopperHarley »

fanspeed wrote:shammattawa
I'm pretty sure it's ZTM, but one airport in MB has "F#ck Off" spray painted on the side of a building which is plainly visible on the approach. It's pretty classy and I think it makes pilots feel very welcome :o
---------- ADS -----------
 
‎"Never travel faster than your guardian angel can fly." - Mother Theresa
wrc
Rank 3
Rank 3
Posts: 188
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 6:50 pm
Location: YYC

Post by wrc »

I'd have to go with Shammattawa too :)
---------- ADS -----------
 
rotorfloat
Rank 4
Rank 4
Posts: 259
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2004 6:38 am

Post by rotorfloat »

Image
---------- ADS -----------
 
2R
Rank 11
Rank 11
Posts: 4329
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2004 2:25 pm
Location: left coast

Post by 2R »

Kashechewan CZKE Has them all beat for filth.
---------- ADS -----------
 
Justwannafly
Rank 8
Rank 8
Posts: 896
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2005 12:12 am
Location: Cyberspace

Post by Justwannafly »

hmm you guys sure had it rough....me the best place I stay'd at had leather seats, Cable TV, Capachino Machine, a Chauffer & much more more; including nice clean beds for you to rest on if you want'd to take a short nap, but didn't have time to run off to the local hotel
---------- ADS -----------
 
Image
User avatar
Mr. North
Rank 8
Rank 8
Posts: 844
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2005 11:27 am

Post by Mr. North »

Sorry boys, you can't beat the Hotel Dock at Pik. Tires are too high-tech here, they use 9 inch spikes to buffer your floats. No place to tie down either. I wouldn't trust any of those 6-10 kids climbing all over your prop or hanging off your pitot tube to hold it for you either. Like god damn monkeys those kids!

If you measure the character of a reserve by how much garabage is around then Pikum is up there like the rest. But what REALLY put it above par was the dead dog laying at the end of the dock for over a month. YEah BABE!

Its also pretty cool how they spray paint everything. Like on the front of the school; "Scool F*cking suks!" Priceless.

Anyways, I'd like to see that shirtless hotshot above land there!!
---------- ADS -----------
 
co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11
Posts: 4819
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 2:33 am
Location: YYC 230 degree radial at about 10 DME

Post by co-joe »

If you measure the class of a joint by the number of dead dogs laying in the streets then ZTM, or YOH (AKA Oxford Hole) get my vote for the top of the upper echelon of filth.
---------- ADS -----------
 
Jeremy Kent
Rank 3
Rank 3
Posts: 195
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 5:38 pm
Location: Guelph, ON

Post by Jeremy Kent »

Name that terminal!

Image

(Much to respect to the photographer.)
---------- ADS -----------
 
Post Reply

Return to “General Comments”