Looking for flight attendant position..HELP

Discuss topics relating to airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Post Reply
jitterbugg
Rank 0
Rank 0
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:39 am

Looking for flight attendant position..HELP

Post by jitterbugg »

I have finished my 3 week course for F/A with First Air. UNFORTUNATELY...my final exam i got 88%...when you need 90%!! SOOO...i am desperately searching for a F/A position..DOES ANYONE have any tips..or can steer me in the right direction? I am located in Ottawa, and have applied with West Jet before,,,,but havent heard anything..and I think Canjet only hires billingual..same with Air Canada. And I think Canjet is out of halifax. ANyway...babbling now..HELP please..ANYONE have any tips..or suggestions..VERY frustrated I spent the 3 weeks training with First Air..for NOTHING!
Thanks
Jitter
---------- ADS -----------
 
bcflyer
Rank (9)
Rank (9)
Posts: 1360
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:35 am
Location: Canada

Post by bcflyer »

Have you had a look at Jazz? I'm not sure if you have to be bi-lingual or not. I know most of the F/A's I fly with certainly aren't. Of course they've all been here for 7-20 yrs so the requirements may have changed. Skyservice and Sunwing in Toronto may be something to look into. If your willing to move out west there is Harmony (HMY) in Vancouver, Canadian North in Calgary (may be based in Edmonton). What about Voyageur? They are running RJ's for HMY between Vancouver and Calgary. They also do alot of charter work with their Dash-8 and 7's. Those are just a few off the top of my head. Good luck!
---------- ADS -----------
 
jitterbugg
Rank 0
Rank 0
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:39 am

thanks!

Post by jitterbugg »

Thanks for the ideas. I have applied to Jazz and voyageur. I am hoping something will come up, very frustrated b/c of First Air
---------- ADS -----------
 
User avatar
TAT
Rank 2
Rank 2
Posts: 97
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2004 10:46 pm
Location: YOW

Post by TAT »

Should have studied harder!!
---------- ADS -----------
 
jitterbugg
Rank 0
Rank 0
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:39 am

HEY!!

Post by jitterbugg »

All the stuff we did study..wasnt even ON it...but they kept someone who had to do a special pax briefing..for a UM...4x!!!! He couldnt even do it. ah well..my own fault..you are right@ :(
---------- ADS -----------
 
User avatar
fmrc3ame
Rank 2
Rank 2
Posts: 85
Joined: Thu May 05, 2005 10:53 pm
Location: Currently Far East

Post by fmrc3ame »

Not too sure on the requirements at Zoom but they are Ottawa based as well.
---------- ADS -----------
 
Maverick
Rank 2
Rank 2
Posts: 56
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: North of 55

Post by Maverick »

Try Regional 1 Airlines, http://www.regional1.ca
---------- ADS -----------
 
jitterbugg
Rank 0
Rank 0
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:39 am

Post by jitterbugg »

Thank you very much :D
---------- ADS -----------
 
bmc
Rank 11
Rank 11
Posts: 4014
Joined: Tue May 16, 2006 10:06 pm
Location: Switzerland

Post by bmc »

If you don't mind leaving the country, carriers in Persian Gulf hire from all over. Gulf Air, Etihad, Qatar Airways, Kuwait Airways, Emirates. You don't need to speak Arabic.

There are all kinds of Canadian pilots flying over there. Not sure about biscuit shooters. Good luck.
---------- ADS -----------
 
bmc
jitterbugg
Rank 0
Rank 0
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:39 am

Post by jitterbugg »

I would rather stay in canada, and U.S area, as I have a 6 year old. But thank you very much for the reply!
---------- ADS -----------
 
Techopsgirl
Rank 2
Rank 2
Posts: 75
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2005 10:34 am

Post by Techopsgirl »

you should try corporate as well, is sometimes a more relaxed schedule, chance to fly on nice airplanes, and don't think French is really needed.
---------- ADS -----------
 
jitterbugg
Rank 0
Rank 0
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:39 am

Post by jitterbugg »

I am really new to this, so bear with me here. That sounds great, but can you point me in a direction as to companies? I know..sound like a retard..but I dont know much about it
Jitterbugg :oops:
---------- ADS -----------
 
pika
Rank (9)
Rank (9)
Posts: 1078
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2004 11:33 am

Post by pika »

http://www.pilotcareercentre.com/JobRes ... ountryID=1

Here's a directory of Canadian operators. Keep in mind not all corporate jobs need an FA so don't blanket them all. Good luck.
---------- ADS -----------
 
jitterbugg
Rank 0
Rank 0
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:39 am

Post by jitterbugg »

THANKS again SO much!
---------- ADS -----------
 
buss
Rank 2
Rank 2
Posts: 67
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:35 pm

Post by buss »

Sky Service hire FAs every fall for winter work. Sounds OK work all winter enjoy the summer off.
---------- ADS -----------
 
jitterbugg
Rank 0
Rank 0
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:39 am

Post by jitterbugg »

I have applied to Skyservice,,,I am crossing my fingers!! :shock:
---------- ADS -----------
 
bmc
Rank 11
Rank 11
Posts: 4014
Joined: Tue May 16, 2006 10:06 pm
Location: Switzerland

Post by bmc »

jitterbugg wrote:I would rather stay in canada, and U.S area, as I have a 6 year old. But thank you very much for the reply!
Your child would be a whole lot safer living in the Middle East than living in the states. The compounds are nice. Nanny's are cheap. Excellent quality of education. Great expat experience. We brought our two daughters to Bahrain when then were 8 and 10. It was great. Lots of Canadians there.
---------- ADS -----------
 
bmc
Post Reply

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”