Starjet

Discuss topics relating to airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Post Reply
Waiter
Rank 0
Rank 0
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:02 am
Location: Toronto

Starjet

Post by Waiter »

I was talking with one of the Starjet people. They tell me Starjet is shutting down in Canada. Apparently they have hockey teams signed up for this season but the flight attendants are getting layed off. An American company is supposed to be flying the hockey teams. Also they tell me they shut the Toronto base down for mechanics as well. I hope everyone finds jobs. These are all great pepole and I know wherever they go they will make an immediate impression. I'm sure this makes sense to the Cargojet operation and I hope this decision helps it grow. Aviation in Canada doesn't need any more down sizing!
---------- ADS -----------
 
natureboy
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:28 pm
Location: mississauga

Post by natureboy »

I know most of the mechanics from the ACE days, they are class acts and I know will find work quickly. All pilots should be thankful when they get good mechanics that actually care about there well being.
---------- ADS -----------
 
Furry Button
Rank 0
Rank 0
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:27 am

Starjet

Post by Furry Button »

Inside Scoop:

Starjet was pursuing a few sports teams in the U.S for winter contracts, though the plans never came to fruition. As a result, they are going to lay off the F/A's until the spring. The airplanes were/are leased to a U.S carrier until then.

The MTCE base is moving back to YHM becasue BAX will fly their freight from there. A huge cost savings for BAX to avoid the enormous landing fees the GTAA enjoys charging.

The AME's from ACE and C.J. were and are great. Hats off to you all! I don't forsee any layoffs as they were already short AME's in YHM to start off with.
---------- ADS -----------
 
stargojit
Rank 0
Rank 0
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed May 17, 2006 9:22 pm
Location: Mount Hope

Post by stargojit »

Just to add up, some of the AMEs that work at YYZ lives quite far from YHM, no need to drive that far since YYZ is getting a little better in terms of contracts and other fulltime jobs. Though, YHM can always use a few good guys, CJ is hiring AMEs in Hamilton.

Plus there are more facts to this discussion which I don't feel like telling everyone. I'd let someone else to tell the story. In terms of the whole operation, I think it's better for the company since the whole operation is now in YHM. But I hope they bring the Starjet operation back someday!
---------- ADS -----------
 
PREP
Rank 0
Rank 0
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:26 am

Post by PREP »

:lol: We missed you man.
---------- ADS -----------
 
aero-singidunum
Rank 4
Rank 4
Posts: 264
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2004 10:03 am

Post by aero-singidunum »

stargojit wrote:Just to add up, some of the AMEs that work at YYZ lives quite far from YHM, no need to drive that far since YYZ is getting a little better in terms of contracts and other fulltime jobs. Though, YHM can always use a few good guys, CJ is hiring AMEs in Hamilton.

Plus there are more facts to this discussion which I don't feel like telling everyone. I'd let someone else to tell the story. In terms of the whole operation, I think it's better for the company since the whole operation is now in YHM. But I hope they bring the Starjet operation back someday!
YOU DA MAN!!!!
---------- ADS -----------
 
Post Reply

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”