Why keep the brain dead/damaged alive?

This forum is for non aviation related topics, political debate, random thoughts, and everything else that just doesn't seem to fit in the normal forums. ALL FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

the_professor
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Why keep the brain dead/damaged alive?

Post by the_professor »

This is not a troll, it is a question based on the link below that I'd like to see debated.

If a person cannot eat on their own, cannot talk, cannot maintain eye contact, cannot bathe themselves, cannot move, etc, etc, etc, then what is the point of keeping them alive?

What does the person or society gain by expending the enormous resources required?

http://www.cbc.ca/health/story/2007/01/04/ashley.html
---------- ADS -----------

cloudcounter
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Why keep the brain dead/damaged alive?

Post by cloudcounter »

It seems she can relate to her parents.
Perhaps they should pull the plug on that Hawking guy too?
Anyway , what loss has been brought to society by all the abortion murders of inconvenient children who could have contributed to our society and the world?
It should be a no brainer.
cc
the_professor wrote:This is not a troll, it is a question based on the link below that I'd like to see debated.

If a person cannot eat on their own, cannot talk, cannot maintain eye contact, cannot bathe themselves, cannot move, etc, etc, etc, then what is the point of keeping them alive?

What does the person or society gain by expending the enormous resources required?

Koran 5:33
The Punishment for those who oppose Allah and his messenger is : Execution or Crucifixion or the cutting off of ..snip
If Truth be not your goal,
you have achieved your gaol.

http://www.biblicalzionist.com/index.htm
The Other Kind
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by The Other Kind »

If we're gonna start killing the 'brain dead' then this pilot shortage thing is gonna get a lot worse.

Back out on that road again
Turn this beast into the wind
There are those that break and bend
I'm the other kind
cloudcounter
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by cloudcounter »

:D

The Punishment for those who oppose Allah and his messenger is : Execution or Crucifixion or the cutting off of ..snip

fanspeed
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by fanspeed »

the_professor wrote:This is not a troll, it is a question based on the link below that I'd like to see debated.

Why stop there, prof? Why not criminals, handicapped, shit, people on welfare,.............i'll quit while i'm ahead.

shitdisturber
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by shitdisturber »

The Other Kind wrote:If we're gonna start killing the 'brain dead' then this pilot shortage thing is gonna get a lot worse.
I was gonna say something about there would be openings at TC.

cloudcounter
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by cloudcounter »

God's view on the topic:
Mat 18:10 Don't be cruel to any of these little ones! I promise you that their angels are always with my Father in heaven.

N2
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by N2 »

Ok I'll bite...to make pilots out of them? :lol:

Putting money into aviation is like wiping before you poop....it just don't make sense!
Hedley
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Hedley »

Because Transport's having trouble hiring again? :wink:

bmc
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by bmc »

the_professor wrote: If a person cannot eat on their own, cannot talk, cannot maintain eye contact, cannot bathe themselves, cannot move, etc, etc, etc, then what is the point of keeping them alive?

I can think of several uses and I'm sure my colleagues on the forum can suggest more alternatives. In fact, I dare them to.

Clothes rack
insect farm
deodorant tester
maniquin for practicing hair styling
sex toy (for co-pilots)
right seat occupant for express lanes
furniture
cushion target
Twin Otter ballast

bmc
cyyz
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by cyyz »

If they want to pay for it, okay... Doesn't matter to me...

But the fact that they did surgery on her to stunt her growth, is kinda disturbing....

But that's what happens in our wonderful north american societ where people under 18 have no rights...

the_professor
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by the_professor »

cloudcounter wrote:It seems she can relate to her parents.
Perhaps they should pull the plug on that Hawking guy too?
Steven Hawking, one of the great minds in astronomy, vs. a girl who has, according to her parents, the mental state of a three month old.

You want me to debate that?

the_professor
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by the_professor »

bmc wrote:
the_professor wrote: If a person cannot eat on their own, cannot talk, cannot maintain eye contact, cannot bathe themselves, cannot move, etc, etc, etc, then what is the point of keeping them alive?

I can think of several uses and I'm sure my colleagues on the forum can suggest more alternatives. In fact, I dare them to.

Clothes rack
insect farm
deodorant tester
maniquin for practicing hair styling
sex toy (for co-pilots)
right seat occupant for express lanes
furniture
cushion target
Twin Otter ballast
I didn't expect to laugh at this thread, but now I have. Sex toy, right seat occupant, and ballast are my favorites.

the_professor
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by the_professor »

fanspeed wrote:

Why stop there, prof? Why not criminals, handicapped, shit, people on welfare,.............i'll quit while i'm ahead.
Criminals might be reformable, many handicapped people are able to contribute to society. They are not equivalent to a complete vegetable, as this girl is.

Glen Quagmire
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Glen Quagmire »

Don't start quoting the bible on the account of god loving all creatures, including the brain dead, cause here are a few gems. Or did you forget this stuff is in there.

Deut 2 2:34 And we took all his cities at that time, and utterly destroyed the men, and the women, and the little ones, of every city, we left none to remain:

Exodus 22:24 And my wrath shall wax hot, and I will kill you with the sword; and your wives shall be widows, and your children fatherless.

31:14 Ye shall keep the sabbath therefore; for it is holy unto you: every one that defileth it shall surely be put to death

32:27 And he said unto them, Thus saith the LORD God of Israel, Put every man his sword by his side, and go in and out from gate to gate throughout the camp, and slay every man his brother, and every man his companion, and every man his neighbour.

2low
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by 2low »

I deny the existence of the Holy Spirit .

cloudcounter
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by cloudcounter »

You are already misquoting Glen - we are discussing a girl in this age - not an action 3500 years ago and command given to the Jews coming into the promised land that was ready to be destroyed after God's people waited for 400 years in Egypt for them to repent .
So if you were to start looking at biblical history correctly we may all be enlightened.
cc
Glen Quagmire wrote:Don't start quoting the bible on the account of god loving all creatures, including the brain dead, cause here are a few gems. Or did you forget this stuff is in there.

Deut 2 2:34 And we took all his cities at that time, and utterly destroyed the men, and the women, and the little ones, of every city, we left none to remain:

Exodus 22:24 And my wrath shall wax hot, and I will kill you with the sword; and your wives shall be widows, and your children fatherless.

31:14 Ye shall keep the sabbath therefore; for it is holy unto you: every one that defileth it shall surely be put to death

32:27 And he said unto them, Thus saith the LORD God of Israel, Put every man his sword by his side, and go in and out from gate to gate throughout the camp, and slay every man his brother, and every man his companion, and every man his neighbour.

cloudcounter
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by cloudcounter »

That is quite understandable as the natural man cannot receive things of the Spirit!
God looks for people of faith first then gives the proof! :D
2low wrote:I deny the existence of the Holy Spirit .

2low
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by 2low »

Riiiiiiight! :lol:

Driving Rain
Rank 10
Rank 10