"N" Registered Aircraft Stories
Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog
-
ScudRunner
- Rank 11

- Posts: 3239
- Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2004 11:58 am
"N" Registered Aircraft Stories
Ok im sure im not the only one that has seen our fellow aviators from south of 49 acting completly retarted in our Airspace. To get the ball rolling as stated on another post why do they strap these huge tundra tires to a super cub when they are heading nowhere near anything that would remotely require such gear! Or better yet following the Alaska highway and follow the wrong road. Ive even met a guy who was smart enough to ask a local about the area but then pull out a Road Map and asked me to point out some good fishing spots 
Actually, i hear far more imbeciles using canuck callsigns than N numbers. It is not like they have a monopoly on it or anything.
Of course, it is pretty funny when guys come up here from the land where VFR flight following = vectors all the way to destination. They usually figure it out in the first couple hundred miles but until then "uh, roger, direct xyz" and you can just hear them waiting for the controller to tell them how to go direct xyz.
Of course, it is pretty funny when guys come up here from the land where VFR flight following = vectors all the way to destination. They usually figure it out in the first couple hundred miles but until then "uh, roger, direct xyz" and you can just hear them waiting for the controller to tell them how to go direct xyz.
-
ScudRunner
- Rank 11

- Posts: 3239
- Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2004 11:58 am
-
Always Moving
- Rank 3

- Posts: 195
- Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2004 11:13 am
- Location: Always Moving
YEP
When people generalize people tent to fall in "making yourself look like an idiot" kind of category.
- Panama Jack
- Rank 11

- Posts: 3265
- Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2004 8:10 am
- Location: Back here
As ahramin said it, almost anybody more than 50 nm from home is a tourist.
Heard a few funny stories about Canadian pro-pilots, like mindlessly "cancelling IFR" in places like over the heart of the Big Apple (only first or second time there), only to face the daunting question . . . NOW WHAT!!!
Heard a few funny stories about Canadian pro-pilots, like mindlessly "cancelling IFR" in places like over the heart of the Big Apple (only first or second time there), only to face the daunting question . . . NOW WHAT!!!
“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. If it stops moving, subsidize it.”
-President Ronald Reagan
-President Ronald Reagan
I have heard, seen and witnessed the pilots of N registered airplanes do some very dumb things. I have also heard, seen and witnessed the pilots of C or CF registered airplanes doing some really dumb things. C or CF registered pilots seem to do dumb airplane handling things like VFR into IFR weather or bothching up VFR in a heavy traffic control zone whereas N registered do what we determine to be dumb things that are more a lack of basic studies in geography. They appear to assume that things are the same in Canada as they are in the U.S.A. When I was in Lethbridge and Calgary, I used to hear about and talk to pilots flying to Alaska, hoping to make it from Great Falls Mont. to Fairbanks in the same day in a 172. No idea that there was a mountain range to cross etc.etc. There is also a bit of leg pulling. I was in Vermillion Alta when a N registered 182 pulled up. The pilot sauntered over to make small talk and finally asked if there was a GM dealer in town. One of the locals said there was Vermillion Motors. The pilot then hollered to his friend "Hank ! We are in Vermillion". Everyone had a big laugh. They knew exactly where they were.
The average pilot, despite the somewhat swaggering exterior, is very much capable of such feelings as love, affection, intimacy and caring.
These feelings just don't involve anyone else.
These feelings just don't involve anyone else.
Being in the US I can now sympathize with *some* US aviators..
The US is one big radar screen. Ask for flight following and (usually) ye shall receive. Talk about a fish out of water up north!
What makes us Canadians think that a person who believes Canada is snow year 'round has any idea of Canadian aviation procedures?? LMAO!!!
Actually it's kind of humorous. .... I used to fly out of YXY myself, saw alot of what you've mentioned but do you ever REALLY know where they're going? Remember they think it's the Great White North, they probably figure that a major airport in the Yukon still uses flare pots for lighting
Actually I've been here 3, almost 4 years now and there's still differences in the system down here that I'm learning about
The thing got ticked me off more when I lived in the Yukon was grandma and Grandpa and their 50' motorhome that they could barely see out of driving 1/2 the speed limit...
The US is one big radar screen. Ask for flight following and (usually) ye shall receive. Talk about a fish out of water up north!
What makes us Canadians think that a person who believes Canada is snow year 'round has any idea of Canadian aviation procedures?? LMAO!!!
Actually it's kind of humorous. .... I used to fly out of YXY myself, saw alot of what you've mentioned but do you ever REALLY know where they're going? Remember they think it's the Great White North, they probably figure that a major airport in the Yukon still uses flare pots for lighting
Actually I've been here 3, almost 4 years now and there's still differences in the system down here that I'm learning about
The thing got ticked me off more when I lived in the Yukon was grandma and Grandpa and their 50' motorhome that they could barely see out of driving 1/2 the speed limit...
Courage is the price that life exacts for granting peace. The soul that knows it not,knows no release from the little things; knows not the livid loneliness of fear, nor mountain heights where bitter joy can hear the sound of wings.
- Amelia Earhart
- Amelia Earhart
- corn-shoot
- Rank 7

- Posts: 527
- Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:06 am
- Location: Entrails, SK
Yea!! Stupid americans and their "airlines that last longer than 2 years" and their "continuous radar coverage" and their "non-bush-league attitudes" and their "company paid training" and their "high employment of pilots".
What a bunch of jerks, eh, I need a freakin' double-double from timmy's yah bunch of hosers. Dem yanks isn't got a clue. When I hears an N reg. airplane, my own blood boils and I gets on 22.8 and says "get you and yer damn busyniss jet full of yank money outta sunset country and back to the ghetto from where yas come"
What a bunch of jerks, eh, I need a freakin' double-double from timmy's yah bunch of hosers. Dem yanks isn't got a clue. When I hears an N reg. airplane, my own blood boils and I gets on 22.8 and says "get you and yer damn busyniss jet full of yank money outta sunset country and back to the ghetto from where yas come"
-
ScudRunner
- Rank 11

- Posts: 3239
- Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2004 11:58 am
Corn-Shoot, shut the @#$! up you fat tit. I just find it funny some of the things Ive have seen Yanks do and for the most part their private aircraft. Id love to have a radar system like theirs up here at times and if you think the grass is that much greener on the other side then go. Ive heard just as many stories about aviation down in the states as up here its all the same every where you go. Pilots on vacation from Austrailia and NZ and for that matter the world drop on by for a chat and its the same fly's different piles of shit all over the world. Flybabe Im actually out of YHT and do know where they are going because the tell me their heading to YXY or PAO and then follow the road to Haines Alaska. Only to return for more fuel with a
look on their face. But the majority are great. I had a Cargolux 747 over head calling San Fransico. I laughed and said your a little far from their boy. he said he lost his frequncy list and was just fishing to get something so I directed him to Whitehorse Radio.
On the Otherside Ive had N registerd planes not talking on the MF when im coming into land and broadcasting my who what were to the CARS girl and join over head and have her tell me no reported traffic only to see a set of lights appear head on short final buzzing the strip for kicks in shit weather. (fortunely got their #'s) Not to mention the Convoys of 5 that call in one after another to 26.7 and all give the same pireps and position report. Or the fellow that reports the Glacier is on fire
It's also doesnt have to be aviation related. I love the statement from a good ole boy from Arkansas when talking to him about flying "you have a Canadian accent, son" well shit I hope so, it turns out im Canadian. Or "these prices in American or Canadian dollars" did ya cross a border a little while back? or if im quick that day "American dollars" and pocket the difference.
On the Otherside Ive had N registerd planes not talking on the MF when im coming into land and broadcasting my who what were to the CARS girl and join over head and have her tell me no reported traffic only to see a set of lights appear head on short final buzzing the strip for kicks in shit weather. (fortunely got their #'s) Not to mention the Convoys of 5 that call in one after another to 26.7 and all give the same pireps and position report. Or the fellow that reports the Glacier is on fire
. wrote:On the Otherside Ive had N registerd planes not talking on the MF when im coming into land and broadcasting my who what were to the CARS girl and join over head and have her tell me no reported traffic only to see a set of lights appear head on short final buzzing the strip for kicks in shit weather. (fortunely got their #'s) Not to mention the Convoys of 5 that call in one after another to 26.7 and all give the same pireps and position report. Or the fellow that reports the Glacier is on fireIt's also doesnt have to be aviation related. I love the statement from a good ole boy from Arkansas when talking to him about flying "you have a Canadian accent, son" well shit I hope so, it turns out im Canadian. Or "these prices in American or Canadian dollars" did ya cross a border a little while back? or if im quick that day "American dollars" and pocket the difference.
Ummmm, you don't make it out of the bush often do you? I hope one day I have it all figured out too. People make mistakes, even pilots... but it sure is a good thing there are our collegues are here to point out and revist any mistake while being quick to cover their own short-comings.
Ya know in such industries as law enforcement and emergency response there is a concept called "Brotherhood"? Now it's ok to beat up on those pesky Yanks in International Hockey but in aviation.....Can't we all just get along........
.., I imagine you're getting a bit of glacier time, eh? 
Courage is the price that life exacts for granting peace. The soul that knows it not,knows no release from the little things; knows not the livid loneliness of fear, nor mountain heights where bitter joy can hear the sound of wings.
- Amelia Earhart
- Amelia Earhart
-
ScudRunner
- Rank 11

- Posts: 3239
- Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2004 11:58 am
FlyBabe, Ya getting to know that area quite well. I have to admit im pretty lucky flying over this area. cmon the largest non polar ice field on the planet in my backyard!.
YYCflyguy, I think you hit the nail right on the head its a brotherhood and when dipshits like yourself give half hour long position reports that include what you had for dinner lastnight and buzz air field for a laugh while on a flying vacation in another country. Please forgive me if i didnt want to be a paragraph in the next safety letter, I take safety very serious especially flying where I do the last thing I or anyone needs is some cowboy from anywhere fucking with me pulling stunts like that. And if he gets his Pecker smacked better that then making a hole in the muskeg. So in fact I dont give a dam about you and your shit stinks too post. So go back to your two crew 152 job pull your hamster out of your boyfriends ass and shut the @#$! up.
YYCflyguy, I think you hit the nail right on the head its a brotherhood and when dipshits like yourself give half hour long position reports that include what you had for dinner lastnight and buzz air field for a laugh while on a flying vacation in another country. Please forgive me if i didnt want to be a paragraph in the next safety letter, I take safety very serious especially flying where I do the last thing I or anyone needs is some cowboy from anywhere fucking with me pulling stunts like that. And if he gets his Pecker smacked better that then making a hole in the muskeg. So in fact I dont give a dam about you and your shit stinks too post. So go back to your two crew 152 job pull your hamster out of your boyfriends ass and shut the @#$! up.
-
ScudRunner
- Rank 11

- Posts: 3239
- Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2004 11:58 am
FlyBabe, Ya getting to know that area quite well. I have to admit im pretty lucky flying over this area. cmon the largest non polar ice field on the planet in my backyard!.
YYCflyguy, I think you hit the nail right on the head its a brotherhood and when dipshits like yourself give half hour long position reports that include what you had for dinner lastnight and buzz air field for a laugh while on a flying vacation in another country. Please forgive me if i didnt want to be a paragraph in the next safety letter, I take safety very serious especially flying where I do the last thing I or anyone needs is some cowboy from anywhere fucking with me pulling stunts like that. And if he gets his Pecker smacked better that then making a hole in the muskeg. So in fact I dont give a dam about you and your shit stinks too post. So go back to your two crew 152 job pull your hamster out of your boyfriends ass and shut the @#$! up.
YYCflyguy, I think you hit the nail right on the head its a brotherhood and when dipshits like yourself give half hour long position reports that include what you had for dinner lastnight and buzz air field for a laugh while on a flying vacation in another country. Please forgive me if i didnt want to be a paragraph in the next safety letter, I take safety very serious especially flying where I do the last thing I or anyone needs is some cowboy from anywhere fucking with me pulling stunts like that. And if he gets his Pecker smacked better that then making a hole in the muskeg. So in fact I dont give a dam about you and your shit stinks too post. So go back to your two crew 152 job pull your hamster out of your boyfriends ass and shut the @#$! up.
Wow, so pissed you had to post it twice.... well me n my cowboy buddies in our 152's definately think that you are a prize. I have generally found over the years that anyone who spews rhetoric about taking safety seriously are generally the worst offenders of it. Slap on some more Deep Woods and enjoy your bush life.
- corn-shoot
- Rank 7

- Posts: 527
- Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:06 am
- Location: Entrails, SK
- Panama Jack
- Rank 11

- Posts: 3265
- Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2004 8:10 am
- Location: Back here
Actually, I enjoyed your quip Corn-Shoot.
You forgot to mention how much airline jet FO's that average $150K USD per annum annoy us-- over-paid MF's, stupid Americans don't know that a Jet FO will be happy to do it for much less like they do here in Canada . . . or those biz jet fags flying around their fancy brand new Citation X's when we've got perfectly good Biz Jet's built in the late 60's and 70's and 80's-- Ohhhhh Canada!!! 
“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. If it stops moving, subsidize it.”
-President Ronald Reagan
-President Ronald Reagan
Nice!Panama Jack wrote:You forgot to mention how much airline jet FO's that average $150K USD per annum annoy us-- over-paid MF's, stupid Americans don't know that a Jet FO will be happy to do it for much less like they do here in Canada . . . or those biz jet fags flying around their fancy brand new Citation X's when we've got perfectly good Biz Jet's built in the late 60's and 70's and 80's-- Ohhhhh Canada!!!
- corn-shoot
- Rank 7

- Posts: 527
- Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:06 am
- Location: Entrails, SK
Somebody should tell . that San Francisco controls all high altitude traffic out over the Pacific on either ARINC or HF so for Cargolux to call and ask for Frisco's freq. is not unusual. I believe HF has something like 30,000 possible frequencies available. Anyone who has flown airline equipment on the Asia/Pacific routes should be able to correct me? We hear them all the time when they exit either Vancouver or Anchorages area.
The average pilot, despite the somewhat swaggering exterior, is very much capable of such feelings as love, affection, intimacy and caring.
These feelings just don't involve anyone else.
These feelings just don't involve anyone else.
I read (Flying magazine) about a pilot in a Beech Muskateer or Mooney, (low wing) who landed in an outback Louisiana bayou airport only he mistook the narrow seaplane ditch for the runway. When rescuers came out in a boat, he commented "You-all had a lot of rain here lately".
The average pilot, despite the somewhat swaggering exterior, is very much capable of such feelings as love, affection, intimacy and caring.
These feelings just don't involve anyone else.
These feelings just don't involve anyone else.
A couple weeks ago some poor smuck at Whitehorse tied his J-3 down to a Fuel truck for the night. Ramp guy hops in the truck and takes off riping apart the plane. Last I heard the guy had to put it on a flat deck and ship it back to California. Ill try to find the arctical and post it. It was all over the Radio up here, even the DJ's where like WTF was he thinking DOH!!



