canadian helicopters

This forum has been developed to discuss maintenance topics in Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Post Reply
blacksmokeoutofthebox
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:16 pm

canadian helicopters

Post by blacksmokeoutofthebox »

Does anyone here work for them on there overseas stints. Just wondering how they are to work for and what is the pay scale.

cheers :partyman:
---------- ADS -----------
 
User avatar
Fully Articulated
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:42 pm

Post by Fully Articulated »

Are you asking about CHC Global?
---------- ADS -----------
 
Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward's
blacksmokeoutofthebox
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:16 pm

Post by blacksmokeoutofthebox »

Yeah about their fixed wing operations.
---------- ADS -----------
 
User avatar
Fully Articulated
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:42 pm

Post by Fully Articulated »

Sorry blacksmoke, I am afraid I am not up on the pay scales and conditions for the fixed wing crowd. I know the incentive pay for working in Nigeria has seen a big increase.

What A/C type are you looking at, 737, Dash 8, Dash 6, or Lear 45?
---------- ADS -----------
 
Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward's
Kandoo
Rank 2
Rank 2
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:27 pm

Post by Kandoo »

Your base pay is based on how long you’ve had your licence and previous experience. Per dium is $180.00 a day, another $100.00 for being in Nigeria. Six weeks in six weeks out. If you work outside Canada for half the year you only pay 8% to 10% income tax. This may not be completely accurate but it should be close. There is an election comming up so things may heat up come April. They take care of their people, I hear the compound can get boring.
---------- ADS -----------
 
blacksmokeoutofthebox
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:16 pm

Post by blacksmokeoutofthebox »

thanks Kandoo do ya have any idea of the base pay scale per chance?
:dollar:
---------- ADS -----------
 
blacksmokeoutofthebox
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:16 pm

Post by blacksmokeoutofthebox »

actually fully articulated its for the dash8
---------- ADS -----------
 
User avatar
Fully Articulated
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:42 pm

Post by Fully Articulated »

Blacksmoke, I heard that the Dash 8's are operating in Nigeria, Chad, and Libya. I believe 5 out of 7 are in Nigeria. Not sure if a fleet expansion is forcasted.

I think Nigeria recently had a increase in Incentive pay from $100 CAN to $150 CAN per day. I would think your perdiem would be $0 since you are living in a Camp.

I can only guess that your monthy base pay would be $2300 CAN to $2700 CAN.

The big equalizer is as mentioned by Kandoo is 10% tax. This make a big difference.
---------- ADS -----------
 
Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward's
User avatar
Fully Articulated
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:42 pm

Post by Fully Articulated »

Sorry for the mixup blacksmoke, the Monthly should be between $3300 and $3700 not $2300 and $2700.

I forgot to mention that you also get a Day Rate for each day worked somewhere around $180 CAN

I think I have probably done a good job in confusing you.
Sorry
---------- ADS -----------
 
Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward's
blacksmokeoutofthebox
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:16 pm

Post by blacksmokeoutofthebox »

Holy crap ya sure do, but of course it doenst take much to do that these days. so what you are saying is approx 3700 a month+ 180 perdium a day for everyday in africa then +100 DSA pay for everyday in certain places in africa. do you make any money on your time off back at home???????? :smt073
---------- ADS -----------
 
Kandoo
Rank 2
Rank 2
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:27 pm

Post by Kandoo »

My info is for 737’s out of Lagos. I am not sure how you get paid but the daily rates only apply while in country. The money is good but you have to make sacrifices to get it. If you’re single with no kids it should be easier.
---------- ADS -----------
 
User avatar
Fully Articulated
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:42 pm

Post by Fully Articulated »

Sorry Blacksmoke I'll try again and remember these numbers are just estimates.

Monthly base pay of between $3300 to $3700. This is paid to you each month 12 months per year regardless of your current location. This is dependent of you working 6 weeks on and 6 weeks off.


Incentive pay of $150 per day for each day worked in Nigeria. Other bases have lower Incentive pay and is dependent on current conditions.


Day rate of arround $180 for each day worked. This is a standard day rate for all CHC Engineers regardless of experience.

Perdiem is based on your Global location and the cost of feeding yourself. As mentioned, I believe Nigeria is a Camp Job (At least I hope it is) so I wouldn't expect a perdiem since food will be supplied.

If you are a Crew Chief or Supervisory Engineer looking after crews and multiple aircraft you will recieve an additional $35 dollars per day.

These are just rough numbers so I hope it helps with your decision.
---------- ADS -----------
 
Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward's
blacksmokeoutofthebox
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:16 pm

Post by blacksmokeoutofthebox »

absolutely, it sure does help. thanks. do ya got anymore info on the company , interview questions, and so forth that might help . that would greatly appreciated as well.
---------- ADS -----------
 
2024
Rank 3
Rank 3
Posts: 119
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2005 4:11 pm

Post by 2024 »

doesn't Voyageur operate there as well?
---------- ADS -----------
 
airwrench
Rank 3
Rank 3
Posts: 148
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2004 8:23 am
Location: Ontario

Post by airwrench »

I believe Voyageur is in the Congo.

AW
---------- ADS -----------
 
Post Reply

Return to “Maintenance”