TC sends Collection Agency after me

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

trey kule
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by trey kule »

Pitot:

If you are correct that nothing is being sent to the Credit bureau, then this is just a fishing trip for a collection agency. Send out a bunch of letters and if the fools pay good. cost: about $2.00 a letter. Return, about 35.00. If they get one in 17 they are making money.

All those that want to roll over and pay it, keep the numbers in mind, for it is nothing more than that for a collection agency. It is truely a cost/benefit thing.

Lets hope the media will get interested and look into some of the things suggested such as who had the braniac idea to send these to collections, how was the collection agency chosen etc.

I am truly hoping this will send a message about double taxing. I think the government, in the past has gotten so used to being them against each one of us that this website has provided all of us with a chance to make them deal with us as a group.

Keep the faith
---------- ADS -----------

ski_bum
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by ski_bum »

Finally got through, the lady was friendly and promised me that this will not affect our credit ratings what so ever.

You cannot pay by credit card over the phone, you have to fax in the form or go through your bank.

I don't know if you can just fax it in without talking to them, but I don't really care. Fax# 1-877-766-7693. Giver! If they won't answer the phone, have shitty hours and don't return messages this may be the best way to get it in.

mellow_pilot
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by mellow_pilot »

Fax them a picture of you flipping them the bird.

Dyslexics of the world... UNTIE!
pitot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by pitot »

SkiBum,

I know the collection agency isn't fileing with the bureau, but i'm not sure that T.C hasn't. I would have to think that transport wouldn't go ahead and trash 9500 pilots credit rating for $55. I think this was probably just a warning to say start paying the fees. Guess time will tell.

trey kule
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by trey kule »

Ski bum wrote:
I don't know if you can just fax it in without talking to them, but I don't really care. Fax# 1-877-766-7693. Giver! If they won't answer the phone, have shitty hours and don't return messages this may be the best way to get it in.

Now there is a good Canadian. Government puts an unwarrented, double tax on them, then sends it to collection, and then makes it hard to pay, and then......"this may be the best way to get it in!!!!!!!!!!!"

How 'bout this. Dont send it in. Please. Everytime someone pays the collection agency it is both a small success for TC and confirmation that we are deadbeats and the fee is not the issue.

Please..Please..Dont pay them.

If you have to send a fax.....well the last poster had a good idea.

rule911
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by rule911 »

I've been talking to TC Medical office about this... and they have been very helpful and nice...

I wrote a letter to Collectcorp. With it my proof of payment from 6 months prior. I faxed it to them so they have it in writing. Their fax number is 416-961-2037.

After they had all my paper work, I've been calling, their number is 416-961-9622. The number on the letter they send out does nothing.

I have not got an answer from them yet, so I will continue with my daily calls.

I encourage all, in writing, to contact Collectcorp with your issues.

Best of luck!

trey kule
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by trey kule »

I encourage anyone who has already paid NOT to contact the collection agency. contact your MP or the minister of transport and let them contact the collection agency.

It is the only way change will really happen.

niss
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by niss »

PLEASE PEOPLE! EVERYTIME YOU PAY A LITTLE OF TREY KULE DIES!!!

sorry.....lol

She’s built like a Steakhouse, but she handles like a Bistro.

Let's kick the tires, and light the fires.... SHIT! FIRE! EMERGENCY CHECKLIST!
trey kule
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by trey kule »

Way to go Niss. Now the money will start pouring in.

dash8dave
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by dash8dave »

Hey I got one too. I thought I was special until I read this thread. Now that I am over 40 I "forgot" to pay the first one of the year. :oops: I paid the next one however. Too bad I never received from TC a notice that I was in arrears (sp?) I phoned Mr. Heenan at 1 866 648-6161 but he never returned my call. Too busy trying to collect from all you other Av Canada deadbeats. :wink:

"Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves." - Albert Einstein
Meathead
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Meathead »

I haven't recived any return email from the Minister of Transport, I was Chatting with a Flight Engineer that I used to work with. Letting him know that I got this letter and that if he hasn't paid his yet that he should expect his letter soon too. To that He said What $55.00 I have never had to Pay 55.00 for my medical after the fact. I looked more into It and he was right Flight Engineers that Need a Cat.1 Medical dont have to Pay this 55.00 fee, It is only pilots Im not sure but I think ATC need to have a CAT 1 Medical. If one is one here could you confirm this or not and if so do you need to Pay this 55.00 fee.

If the 55.00 fee is truly for "Medical Prosessing" or whatever the f#$% it is called then shouldn't every one that requires a Transort Canada
Medical have to pay this, lets say even Train Engineers and Ship Captains and the list could go on. Im am looking further into this whole Medical Prosessing Fee and why it seems at this point only Pilots are dinged with it. :x

Never Question Bruce Dickenson!!!!
CD
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by CD »

Meathead wrote:Im not sure but I think ATC need to have a CAT 1 Medical. If one is one here could you confirm this or not and if so do you need to Pay this 55.00 fee.
ATC requires either a CAT 1 or a CAT 2:

CAR 404.10 - Medical Certificate Requirements for Personnel Licences

As you indicated, no medical processing fee for controllers:

CAR 104 Schedule IV Personnel Licensing and Training

CD
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by CD »

Or, you could also get them on a technicality...

CAR 104.06(a) refers to the, "...processing of medical certificates referred to in item 20 of Schedule IV to this Subpart..."

CAR 104.06 - Payment

However, item 20 of Schedule IV actually refers to the fee associated with the approval of an aircraft maintenance engineer training course. It is item 21 that is the medical processing fee, and has been since items 1 and 2 were amended in September of 2004... :wink:

CAR 104 Schedule IV Personnel Licensing and Training

cyyz
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by cyyz »

send them hugs and kisses, kill them with love

Last edited by cyyz on Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cyyz
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by cyyz »

Meathead wrote: If the 55.00 fee is truly for "Medical Prosessing" or whatever the f#$% it is called then shouldn't every one that requires a Transort Canada
Medical have to pay this, lets say even Train Engineers and Ship Captains and the list could go on. Im am looking further into this whole Medical Prosessing Fee and why it seems at this point only Pilots are dinged with it. :x
As you indicated, no medical processing fee for controllers:
wow..... TC the low-lifes... So no wonder we pay so much, we have to be able to pay for NavCanada's employees, we have to pay for FE's and we have to pay for TC employees...

Wow.. I'm amazed, this is disgusting...

xsbank
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by xsbank »

I wonder if they put the collection agency out to tender or if it was a buddy of Merlin Preuss? Maybe we should find out how they chose this outfit - can you spell 'sponsorship?'

I'm with you guys, tell 'em to pound sand and send your fax to the Minister and Harper if you're going to make the effort.

"What's it doing now?"
"Fly low and slow and throttle back in the turns."
Cat Driver
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Cat Driver »

" I wonder if they put the collection agency out to tender or if it was a buddy of Merlin Preuss? Maybe we should find out how they chose this outfit - can you spell 'sponsorship?' "
When you have someone in the position of power that Merlin Preuss holds who is arrogant enough to write a letter to someone who is only asking for due process and his answer is dishonesty by people at the level of Regional Director Civil Aviation is quite satisfactory and he fully supports it anything is possible.

My question is how does he get away with condoning wrongdoing?

So no I wouldn't be in the least suprised to see someone getting a little graft in these cozy little deals.

The hardest thing about flying is knowing when to say no

After over a half a century of flying no one ever died because of my decision not to fly.
flyincanuck
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by flyincanuck »

In addition to writing my MP, I have also elected to e-mail Kevin Psutka, President of Canadian Owners and Pilots Association...the largest advocate organization for GA in Canada.

I encourage everyone that has received the letter to e-mail Kevin as well:

kpsutka@copanational.org

Justwannafly
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Justwannafly »

$55.00 x 9600 = $528,000

If you ask me thats more then enouph to pay for a lawyer....If Pilots are the only ones who have to pay this $55 fee its NOT fair!....also not fair to send pilots to the collections agency when they HAVE already paid this unfair tax....I think we should all pay our $55 BUT NOT to TC...we should pay it to a lawyer & take TC to court!!!

Where is COPA on this issue?

xsbank
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by xsbank »

Kick a pilot in the cacajuates and he goes meh.
Kick a pilot in the wallet and he goes um, uh, waitaminute.... meh.

"What's it doing now?"
"Fly low and slow and throttle back in the turns."

Return to “General Comments”