Algonquin

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

Feenix
Rank 0
Rank 0

Algonquin

Post by Feenix »

i recently got accepted to Algonquin program and i was wondering what people have heard about it weather its a good program or not.
---------- ADS -----------

Krashman
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Krashman »

I know one of the instructors there.... she's good but I don't know about the rest of em

Having trouble reaching ATC? Squak 7500
Feenix
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Feenix »

well i talked to a pilot trainer for AC and he said that AC would rather accept someone who has an aviation diploma because it proves you can learn what they are gonna teach you so he disagrees

. ._
Top Poster
Top Poster
Location: Cowering in my little room because the Water Cooler is locked.

Post by . ._ »

As far as I know, the only aviation college diplomas that are "accepted" in ACs little point system are Confederation, Sault and Seneca. I could be wrong.

-istp

harddeckflyer
Rank 2
Rank 2

college

Post by harddeckflyer »

Edit

Last edited by harddeckflyer on Wed Aug 24, 2022 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LostinRotation
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by LostinRotation »

Feenix wrote:well i talked to a pilot trainer for AC and he said that AC would rather accept someone who has an aviation diploma because it proves you can learn what they are gonna teach you so he disagrees
Getting a degree in basket weaving...doing your Inrat / ATPL also proves the same point...I can learn / memorize stuff.

In the time it takes you to get your diploma I can get my licences, be flying a Ho and getting some descent multi pic. That is if you don't drag your ass.

I have nothing against the aviation diploma programs, just think there are better ways of doing things.

-=0=LiR=0=-

Sometimes I think it's a shame when I get feelin' better when I'm feelin no pain.

PopnChipper
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by PopnChipper »

Be careful with private flight school "diplomas". If you look at alot of their estimated costs, its either flight training, or tuition, rarely both. Check out their cost break downs, make sure it includes both, and if not, make sure you find out how much you are really looking at. It might not be a diploma either, maybe a certificate, which the try to pass off as a diploma.

Return to “Flight Training”