Possible stupid medical question
Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog
Possible stupid medical question
So, not to sound too Ross Rebliati, there are people who smoke pot in my apartment complex and occationally we can smell it in ours (like right now). Is there any way that could show up on my medical drug test coming up? That would suck. Hard to explain that one.
Don't worry, they don't make you pee in a cup at the Jazz interview. Although that would make for an interesting interview scenario. They save the drug test for the medical. And if you are unlucky and have to do the Air Canada medical, I don't think you would have to worry about the drug test. Worry more about being classified as fat, opps, I mean at risk for heart disease or metabolic syndrome from all those munchies you eat sitting around your apartment next to the pot den. 
- Dark Helmet
- Rank 6

- Posts: 493
- Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:59 pm
I don't know man, I had to pee in a cup duirng my medical. BTW lay off the poppy seed baked good for a few day before. And yeah lay of the cold cuts and alcohol tooPratt X 3 wrote:Don't worry, they don't make you pee in a cup at the Jazz interview. Although that would make for an interesting interview scenario. They save the drug test for the medical. And if you are unlucky and have to do the Air Canada medical, I don't think you would have to worry about the drug test. Worry more about being classified as fat, opps, I mean at risk for heart disease or metabolic syndrome from all those munchies you eat sitting around your apartment next to the pot den.
good luck.
I don't know for Jazz, but were I do my medical I've been told that it is made in sort that breathing secondary smoke won't make your test come out positive.
My roomate on the campus were I used to live was a freaking addict and I never had any problem with the tests.
Do they still do hair test? I heard they can go back as far as 2 years behind to find out if you smoked a joint.
I any case, if you don't smoke weed, don't bother yourself about it.
My roomate on the campus were I used to live was a freaking addict and I never had any problem with the tests.
Do they still do hair test? I heard they can go back as far as 2 years behind to find out if you smoked a joint.
I any case, if you don't smoke weed, don't bother yourself about it.
jazz medical
HI
Last edited by 998877 on Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Actually, THC is fat-soluble which means it stores itself in your fat. Even small doses can last in your "piss" for as long as 35 days. In your hair, as someone mentioned, far longer. But they don't take a hair sample. The fatter you are, the more likely to test positive (assuming you smoke it or are near those that do). The more excercise you do, the less chance because you are burning fat regularly. The other drugs are not fat soluble and therefore exit your body much quicker (3-8 days for the most part). My buddy administers these kinds of tests for insurance companies. Whatever you do, if you think you may test positive, for the sake of your career don't do or find a reason to delay the medical.
Last edited by Beech18s on Sat Apr 28, 2007 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Stick-Shaker
- Rank 4

- Posts: 245
- Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2004 3:39 pm
Transport Canada medicals do not have a drug test, all you are tested for is sugar levels, that is it. If there is a drug test to be done it is done in house by your company. Even when you go for your initial medical with Jazz it is not a drug test at all.
Don't sweat it, if you are being given a drug test they will tell you.
Don't sweat it, if you are being given a drug test they will tell you.
-
SouthIsland
- Rank 2

- Posts: 54
- Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:47 pm
- Location: West Coast



