Wasaya pilots treat their ramp guys like sh*t.
Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog
Belly, it must be really dark with your head stuck that far up your ass!
Your's is the attitude everybody seems to be trying to weed out of the business. When you refer to ramp workers as "A couple little girls didn't want to work, got yelled at, and cried about it." your credibility goes for a total shit!
Your's is the attitude everybody seems to be trying to weed out of the business. When you refer to ramp workers as "A couple little girls didn't want to work, got yelled at, and cried about it." your credibility goes for a total shit!
Next time I'll have to hold your hand and we'll read that last paragraph together.When you refer to ramp workers as "A couple little girls didn't want to work, got yelled at, and cried about it." your credibility goes for a total shit!
I think you missed the meaning of that. Individuals Doc....not ramp workers as a whole. You know... "Few bad apples ruin the bunch".
Are we good.
Good.
Belly.
-
dun my time
- Rank 0

- Posts: 13
- Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:35 pm
- Location: still in the bush after 45 years
Rampies
My view is much diff. I dont recall these people as Ramp Rats I prefer to refure to most of them as YARD APES. Mostly cause there is no hair growqing on the back of there hands due to fingers dragging onthe ground,

- Rudder Bug
- Rank 10

- Posts: 2735
- Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2005 11:09 pm
- Location: Right seat but I own the seat
Doc said:
Gee Doc, don't think that where you have been employed for the last number of years is immune to this and that it is everyone elses problem. You only have to look across the cockpit to see an example of what this thread is all about, yet I don't see any attempt to do some weeding out.Belly, it must be really dark with your head stuck that far up your ass! Your's is the attitude everybody seems to be trying to weed out of the business.
You Can Love An Airplane All You Want, But Remember, It Will Never Love You Back!
The problem is that most people who work the ramp are products of the eighties, where they were taught that everyone has rights, but no one has reponsibilities. Life does not work like that. Autograph your work with excellence!
It has been said before, but needs repeating. Respect is something that must be earned. It cannot be demanded.
It has been said before, but needs repeating. Respect is something that must be earned. It cannot be demanded.
-
flying dutchman
- Rank 0

- Posts: 2
- Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 4:32 pm
I've been 10 years on the ramp at Peninsulair and I have no regrets.
Pilots are usually nice to me because they know I'll sleep with their wife if they aren't.
Pilots are usually nice to me because they know I'll sleep with their wife if they aren't.
"FLY THE AIRPLANE"!
http://www.youtube.com/hazatude
http://www.youtube.com/hazatude
- LostinRotation
- Rank (9)

- Posts: 1048
- Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 11:54 pm
- Location: Cloud #8
I've had alot of beers with people from various companies that work the ramp and in many ways I've found alot of similarities with my time in the military. The way it used to be, if you slacked off.... you got jerked around and the odd time smacked around. I've seen alot of jerk-offs turned into grown men over a single summer. Work ethic isn't always a top priority for some, but when your part of a team, the rest suffer. I've never been a supporter of the new "PC" way, it just seems to support those who never really took responsibility for their own actions or inactions as the case may be. I find the easiest way to avoid alot of problems with ramp staff is to hire people that have no other motives other than to do their job. People doing something other than what they want usually are unhappy. Remove the backstabbing, remove the "I'm just putting in my time" attitudes and hire pilots to be pilots.... but then again, as long as their are individuals out there who can see a way to take advantage of a situatuion and people willing to sell themselves out for opportunity things will never change.... too bad we don't have more guys like Haz around 
-=0=LiR=0=-
-=0=LiR=0=-
Sometimes I think it's a shame when I get feelin' better when I'm feelin no pain.


- Cat Driver
- Top Poster

- Posts: 18921
- Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2004 8:31 pm
That's the biggest crock of shit I've ever heard! If there is some harrassment then it should be reported, and it will be dealt with...Prop Guy wrote:Wasaya is like a bad relationship, (husband beats wife). Some take it, and accept it to be the way things are, and defend it. Others simply run away as fast as they can.
However, I bet if you asked 99% of the people that have come through the company that started on the ground they would tell you their time with the company has been positive.
Every company has their own little quirks, I'll admit there are a few things I don't necessarily agree with, but on the whole it is one of the best places I've ever worked and trust me, I've seen some of the shitty ones!
On the whole, a great bunch of people doing a great job!!!
"Hell, I'll fly up your ass if the money's right!"
Orlando Jones - Say It Isn't So
Orlando Jones - Say It Isn't So
- Cat Driver
- Top Poster

- Posts: 18921
- Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2004 8:31 pm
If there are ramp workers who are not suitable for the job it is managements duty to solve the problem.
Harassement of co-workers does not improve any situation.
Once again hire ramp workers to work the ramp.
Hire pilots to fly airplanes.
Harassement of co-workers does not improve any situation.
Once again hire ramp workers to work the ramp.
Hire pilots to fly airplanes.
The hardest thing about flying is knowing when to say no
After over a half a century of flying no one ever died because of my decision not to fly.
After over a half a century of flying no one ever died because of my decision not to fly.
I would guess that if there has been some harrassment it is not rampant (no pun intended) and would be dealt with accordingly if someone makes a complaint.
And a note to anyone who hasn't figured it out yet, even though times are great (for now) there are probably still way more pilots than available jobs in this country. The ramp is still a viable option for finding ones way to the flightline, and it's a shorter wait than ever right now.
And a note to anyone who hasn't figured it out yet, even though times are great (for now) there are probably still way more pilots than available jobs in this country. The ramp is still a viable option for finding ones way to the flightline, and it's a shorter wait than ever right now.
"Hell, I'll fly up your ass if the money's right!"
Orlando Jones - Say It Isn't So
Orlando Jones - Say It Isn't So
-
MarcF'nScott
- Rank 0

- Posts: 9
- Joined: Mon May 15, 2006 4:36 am
- Location: YXL
Young Professional pilot, Oh young Professional pilot,
If I may call you so,
When hired you knew the drill,
So cut the shit, You know?
Greener pastures do await,
So simply leave and go.
Get the job, go find a plane,
RESPECT then you shall have.
In ten years my guys will have lifetime of experience to offer,
And you'll have a shiny instructors certificate to show....
Can't we all just agree that some people are assholes know matter where you go, and some people can't take hints that there career choice wasn't a spectacular one? This isn't a Wasaya specific problem, or even an aviation one. Don't like your job? Not cut out for the type of work? Time to watch some Dr. Phil and figure out what you want in life. Enough of blaming others or the industry. Strength of mind, Strong in heart little ones. Beauty comes from within, as does the smell of what stinks in here.
MFS
If I may call you so,
When hired you knew the drill,
So cut the shit, You know?
Greener pastures do await,
So simply leave and go.
Get the job, go find a plane,
RESPECT then you shall have.
In ten years my guys will have lifetime of experience to offer,
And you'll have a shiny instructors certificate to show....
Can't we all just agree that some people are assholes know matter where you go, and some people can't take hints that there career choice wasn't a spectacular one? This isn't a Wasaya specific problem, or even an aviation one. Don't like your job? Not cut out for the type of work? Time to watch some Dr. Phil and figure out what you want in life. Enough of blaming others or the industry. Strength of mind, Strong in heart little ones. Beauty comes from within, as does the smell of what stinks in here.
MFS
Need a hammer?
-
cratedriver
- Rank 0

- Posts: 7
- Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 5:40 am
- Location: Northern Ontario
It's been a very long time since I've last taken a look at or posted on avcanada. I heard about this topic from some friends and thought I would take a look. Seeing as how this affects me and my co-workers, I find it appropriate to speak up.
Like many other Wasaya pilots, we've had to put our time in working on the ground. We understand how incredibly difficult it is to survive life and work in Pickle Lake. But once you fight your way through it and come out on the other side as a stronger individual, you can stand back and say "I'VE EARNED THIS!" I would like to think that every low time pilot that works and survives the Pickle Lake experience will come out thinking the same thing "YOU EARNED IT!"
I certainly would never condone any employees acting in an inappropriate manner in any way towards co-workers. If that is happening to you, talk to another captain that you trust or go to management. That's what we are here for. I never want to hear that my ground people are being treated the wrong way. They will always be my friends and family from now on... we survive this together.
I would like to think that all of you will take all the good things that you like about each captain and throw away bad stuff. Be fair, honest, confident, calm, happy or anything else you can think of... Oh and super good looking too!
Without our ground staff the planes would sit still. They are the blood of this company. They make it survive. All I ever ask from these fantastic ladies and gentlemen is effort... and I get that everyday. Keep you heads high folks! YOU'VE EARNED IT!
Your friendly neighborhood C208 Captain
Like many other Wasaya pilots, we've had to put our time in working on the ground. We understand how incredibly difficult it is to survive life and work in Pickle Lake. But once you fight your way through it and come out on the other side as a stronger individual, you can stand back and say "I'VE EARNED THIS!" I would like to think that every low time pilot that works and survives the Pickle Lake experience will come out thinking the same thing "YOU EARNED IT!"
I certainly would never condone any employees acting in an inappropriate manner in any way towards co-workers. If that is happening to you, talk to another captain that you trust or go to management. That's what we are here for. I never want to hear that my ground people are being treated the wrong way. They will always be my friends and family from now on... we survive this together.
I would like to think that all of you will take all the good things that you like about each captain and throw away bad stuff. Be fair, honest, confident, calm, happy or anything else you can think of... Oh and super good looking too!
Without our ground staff the planes would sit still. They are the blood of this company. They make it survive. All I ever ask from these fantastic ladies and gentlemen is effort... and I get that everyday. Keep you heads high folks! YOU'VE EARNED IT!
Your friendly neighborhood C208 Captain

