Peace Air Officially done.

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

heropsychodreamer
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by heropsychodreamer »

http://www.canada.com/nationalpost/fina ... 5f&k=94836

Blaming the Edmonton Airports? ... weak.
---------- ADS -----------

skyismine
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by skyismine »

^I am surprised we werent blamed,We fueled PA and leased them a space at YEG.When they didnt pay the fuel bill we cut them off,although they did continue to pay for the leased space we are still owed a hefty six figure amount for fuel....Will we ever get it?Not likely.And to blame EAA is weak as Integra air moved its ops from YXD to YEG and is doing the best it ever has.

WJ700
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by WJ700 »

Wow, that is sad. Peace Air has a lot of history and was once a well run company. Long before the Jetstreams and sked flying, Peace was my first job where I was hired with 250 hours. I had a lot of fun there and used up a lot of my bag of luck.

Best of Luck to those out of work.

DA900
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by DA900 »

skyismine wrote:^I am surprised we werent blamed,We fueled PA and leased them a space at YEG.When they didnt pay the fuel bill we cut them off,although they did continue to pay for the leased space we are still owed a hefty six figure amount for fuel....Will we ever get it?Not likely.And to blame EAA is weak as Integra air moved its ops from YXD to YEG and is doing the best it ever has.
The ERAA has done nothing to help smaller carriers. The already killed off QuikAir, have stopped Corpac from serving YXD thus layoffs and reduced fleet, forced Peace Air and Quik to use the terminal although an FBO was available costing more to them, didn't ask Integra if the wanted to leave YXD forced them to move. Have started a taxi feud with city cabs and after 10 years of consolidation still have hardly any international flights that they promised. Yes there is some RJ's flying here and there, and 1 flight to London which also coincides with the boom going on in Alberta.

The ERAA is a joke to Edmonton and to all airport authority. I don't recall any other authorities taking out ads asking people to fly out of there "International Airport". People drive to Calgary because it has better service and cheaper fares.

Rectum, damn near killed 'em
GilletteNorth
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by GilletteNorth »

Airlines analyst Rick Erickson of Calgary said he'd heard for several months that Peace Air had money problems. Erickson said in an interview Sunday that Edmonton Airports' rule that only planes carrying 10 or fewer passengers can land at the City Centre Airport may have been one of Peace Air's problems.
When you see something like this you also have to think about the motives for making a statement like this. Mr Erickson may have been searching for a reason to add Peace Air's demise to an argument he has for changing the rules in CYXD. Having Peace Air fold could add to his favor. I would take what he said in context if you can.

Having a standard that pilots lose their licence after making a mistake despite doing no harm to aircraft or passengers means soon you needn't worry about a pilot surplus or pilots offering to fly for free. Where do you get your experience from?
Clearwater
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Clearwater »

Last edited by Clearwater on Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
skyismine
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by skyismine »

DA-900 who are you kidding???Integra has done the best it ever has since moving to YEG,upgrading from a KA-100 to a Jetstream 31.The YXD argument is old,really old...By the way more than a few RJ's flying here airport whiz...Let me enlighten you;A319's,A320's,73G's,732's, 733's,F-100's,762's,763's,727's,E-190's,Etc...Hardly RJ's.Fastest growing airport in Canada at the moment.And yes its a boom or bust market,but so is YYC.Give the XD argument a rest.And Peaceair should go from PA to PU=Pay up!!!I didnt realize people still talked about YXD.

DA900
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by DA900 »

skyismine no I'm not kidding. First of all Integra was not asked to move, it was forced to move. So there are doing better well that's great, but it should be up to them if they want to move. Why don't you ask the pax if they want to go to YEG or YXD.

Thank you, but I'm very aware of the planes that fly out of the airport. My point was United, Delta, American, Continental and no International airlines have schedule service to Edmonton. As I stated there are a few regional airlines flying RJ's and Air Canada has 1 international schedule flight. Most of Westjet's and Air Canada's US flights are winter seasonal.

So as I said before that consolidation has not done anything that they had promised. No 747's flying over head waiting to land as the ERAA had told everybody. No schedule international flights other than what I mentioned above. Yes everybody is quite aware of what types of airplanes visit YEG, but look out your window at two o'clock and count the one or two airplanes out there. Yes not letting any small carriers use YXD is really paying off.

DA900
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by DA900 »

Doh!

skyismine
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by skyismine »

Also dont forget Westjet's hub at EG,its currently the #3 hub behind YYC and YYZ.Feel free to come take a tour of the airport at your mentioned 1400 local,I can assure you there are more than 2 planes here at that time.I work here I would know...

r22captain
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by r22captain »

skyismine wrote:^I am surprised we werent blamed,We fueled PA and leased them a space at YEG.When they didnt pay the fuel bill we cut them off,although they did continue to pay for the leased space we are still owed a hefty six figure amount for fuel....Will we ever get it?Not likely.And to blame EAA is weak as Integra air moved its ops from YXD to YEG and is doing the best it ever has.

Are you a shareholder over there at Executive or something? What a douchebag. Does your pay check get affected by wether or not they pay their bill. :roll:
Blaming the EAA is not weak. Sure PA had other problems, but moving to YEG certainly was hard for them.

r22captain
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by r22captain »

skyismine wrote:I can assure you there are more than 2 planes here at that time.I work here I would know...
On executive's ramp? more then 2 planes?? hahahah I don't think so.

skyismine
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by skyismine »

R22,is that who I think it is?Not going down to your level dude.Man your still the same loser you always were.Oh sorry your ''super cool''.

Cold Lake Tim
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Cold Lake Tim »

Yes, just found out tonight.....While watching the TV News....I wasn't on that email distribution list......Email sent by an Employee not management.

All I can say is, perhaps in the Name of Aviaiotn safety, probably the best move....

Tim
5.9yrs PAir C.L.

r22captain
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by r22captain »

skyismine wrote:R22,is that who I think it is?Not going down to your level dude.Man your still the same loser you always were.Oh sorry your ''super cool''.
ouch.....I'm sorry for insulting for. when you drop the "l" word I turtle.
so i'm sorry.

oh hey.....I know how you roll....leave a message on the manager's phone saying you quit at 2 am rather then manning up and putting your 2 weeks in.

Last edited by r22captain on Tue May 22, 2007 8:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
DA900
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by DA900 »

skyismine I'm not trying to get into a pissing match with you. My beef is with the ERAA. I know YEG very well as I do fly one of the fore mentioned aircraft you listed into YEG almost every day. My point is that after ten years very little has changed at YEG. Yes of course Westjet is doing well. Is that because of consolidation or Westjet as a whole? Me thinks the latter. Yes the airport is busier, but the city is booming as well.

I don't have a problem with YEG. I was born and rasied there. I do have a problem with a tyranny that changes the rules as they see fit. To tell QuikAir that they can not service YXD anymore because those 10 pax when they get to YYC may take a $25 cab ride to the main terminal from the south side of the airport where QuikAir's terminal was located and board a international flight is demented.

That is what I have a problem with. :x

07Canucks
Rank 0
Rank 0

yeg

Post by 07Canucks »

My point was United, Delta, American, Continental and no International airlines have schedule service to Edmonton

What about United to Chicago, San Francisco and Denver, Northwest to MSP, Delta to Salt Lake City, US Air (America West Express) to Vegas and Phoenix, and Horizon Air to Seattle. With the exception of two flights, these have all been added as new destinations within the past two years and doesnt even include Air Canada and Westjet adding about another dozen new destinations. YEG is growing fast.

skyismine
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by skyismine »

got me there,little boy. :wink:

r22captain
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by r22captain »

nah I'm a little round. Far from little. Got a few pounds on you. :twisted:

Goose757
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Goose757 »

Sucks to see that all the rumours weren't in fact just that. Hope everyone that hadn't already jumped ship finds work quickly. Its gotta suck ramping for 12-16 months only to have to start all over again.

Return to “General Comments”