Canadian Kenworth C-FCKW ???

This forum has been developed to discuss Bush Flying & Specialty Air Service topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore, Rudder Bug

Post Reply
longjon
Rank 7
Rank 7
Posts: 723
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:35 pm

Canadian Kenworth C-FCKW ???

Post by longjon »

There is mention of Turbo Beaver CKW in another thread and I was wondering if anybody knows the history of this machine.

Has it been in BC all this time? I worked on it when Canadian Kenworth had it and it was hangared in Vancouver.

Just a few years back.
---------- ADS -----------
 
twotter
Rank (9)
Rank (9)
Posts: 1483
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 11:28 am

Post by twotter »

Still here... Still Orange and white.. On Whips now with lots of ther mods..
---------- ADS -----------
 
c185
Rank 2
Rank 2
Posts: 70
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2004 3:58 am

Post by c185 »

---------- ADS -----------
 
Do you fly BN? - "WHAT???"
User avatar
wieesso
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:20 am
Location: Koenigswinter
Contact:

Re: Canadian Kenworth C-FCKW ???

Post by wieesso »

[quote="longjon"]There is mention of Turbo Beaver CKW in another thread and I was wondering if anybody knows the history of this machine.
[/quote]
http://dhc-2.com/id482.htm
---------- ADS -----------
 
twotter
Rank (9)
Rank (9)
Posts: 1483
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 11:28 am

Post by twotter »

Pretty much what it says on the Beaver site..
---------- ADS -----------
 
User avatar
Siddley Hawker
Rank 11
Rank 11
Posts: 3353
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2004 6:56 pm
Location: 50.13N 66.17W

Post by Siddley Hawker »

Geez, I flew that airplane in 1969! :o
---------- ADS -----------
 
Human Factor
Rank 5
Rank 5
Posts: 379
Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:55 pm
Location: Between a dock and a hard place.

Post by Human Factor »

I wrenched on that airplane back in 2002 at Viking Air. 8)
---------- ADS -----------
 
longjon
Rank 7
Rank 7
Posts: 723
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:35 pm

Post by longjon »

Did an engine change on it 1973 at Atlantic Aviation.
---------- ADS -----------
 
Lommer
Rank 7
Rank 7
Posts: 686
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2005 5:44 pm

Post by Lommer »

I fuelled that airplane just two years ago. :lol:
---------- ADS -----------
 
twotter
Rank (9)
Rank (9)
Posts: 1483
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 11:28 am

Post by twotter »

I watched it taxi by today, does that count? :wink:
---------- ADS -----------
 
Unusual Attitude
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 29
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2004 11:01 pm
Location: Float Hatch

Post by Unusual Attitude »

I sat in it the other day, beat that! She's a beauty! Still owned by Kenworth but, from what I understand, not maintained or crewed by Telus anymore. Kenworth has owned it since new and its still got the original paint scheme. One of my favourite Beavers for sure.
---------- ADS -----------
 
twotter
Rank (9)
Rank (9)
Posts: 1483
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 11:28 am

Post by twotter »

I was just in it today, nothing overly fancy on the dash except the one fancy garmin thing.. A nice -34 on the nose now. Seems to be in not bad shape and I'm sure that will improve with the new shop that's looking after it..
---------- ADS -----------
 
longjon
Rank 7
Rank 7
Posts: 723
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:35 pm

Post by longjon »

Is this in the lower main land? Which AMO has her now?
---------- ADS -----------
 
twotter
Rank (9)
Rank (9)
Posts: 1483
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 11:28 am

Post by twotter »

Still based in YVR.. Alex is looking after it now..
---------- ADS -----------
 
longjon
Rank 7
Rank 7
Posts: 723
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:35 pm

Post by longjon »

Alex Van Dornic or Alex Zokaloski?
---------- ADS -----------
 
twotter
Rank (9)
Rank (9)
Posts: 1483
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 11:28 am

Post by twotter »

Sage..
---------- ADS -----------
 
longjon
Rank 7
Rank 7
Posts: 723
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:35 pm

Post by longjon »

thanx
---------- ADS -----------
 
User avatar
Bubbaganoosh
Rank 3
Rank 3
Posts: 144
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 1:58 pm

Post by Bubbaganoosh »

speaking of turbo beavers. I see the cops were flashing around in one on amphibs up Smithers way the other day. Yellow and blue thing, paint scheme looks like shite. Anyway, some dork from Ontario is apparently flying the thing and they are out to bust balls all around central western b.c. Anyone doing any funny gypo guiding ventures should be warned. Just watch for a gaudy looking turbo beav, you'll see it coming from 50 miles away 8)
---------- ADS -----------
 
longjon
Rank 7
Rank 7
Posts: 723
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:35 pm

Post by longjon »

Someone posted a picture of the RCMP Air Division Turbo Beaver here a while back and I thought it looked good.

Most times they are just doing their job so why the negative comment.
---------- ADS -----------
 
Unusual Attitude
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 29
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2004 11:01 pm
Location: Float Hatch

Post by Unusual Attitude »

I think it looks outstanding. C-FMPC s/n 1300. Here's the link to some pictures http://www.dhc-2.com/id314.htm I understand it's based in PG. Kinda funny that after all these years they're going back to the Turbo Beaver. Still my favourite airplane...
---------- ADS -----------
 
5400AirportRdSouth
Rank 5
Rank 5
Posts: 362
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:23 am

Post by 5400AirportRdSouth »

Beautiful Machine. Paint job is unique, I'll give it that, kinda looks like the yellow stripe down the RCMP uniform pants. But the blue looks a little off, not quite RC blue, y'know?

Anyone doing any " funny gypo guiding ventures " should be warned by more than the RC's. Some loser piles it in because he figures he knows better than the everyone else and can get away with something, makes everyone else look bad and that much harder for the next guy trying to do things on the up and up.

Now that I think about it, maybe I'll apply for the position of " dork from Ontario " and go flying around up north and bust me some balls.

5400
---------- ADS -----------
 
User avatar
Bubbaganoosh
Rank 3
Rank 3
Posts: 144
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 1:58 pm

Post by Bubbaganoosh »

Is the job up for grabs - can ya fly around with your sireen blarin and whoopin:?: If'n it is, I'll have to apply and bust me some major balls :)
---------- ADS -----------
 
Post Reply

Return to “Bush Flying & Specialty Air Service”