Beech 1900 Captains

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Cool Rythms!
Rank 6
Rank 6

Beech 1900 Captains

Post by Cool Rythms! »

Good day folks,

I'm not on the forum these days, simply because I don't have the time. I've landed a Dash 8 F/O position and it's keeping in the air a lot.

There is a company (the name which I won't mention at this time) that is in search of an experienced Captain to fly a B1900. You do not necessarily need time on type, although if you have that would be good.

If anyone is interested in knowing more, please send me a private message.

Take care everyone and have a great summer.

C.R. :D
---------- ADS -----------

"When the power of love overcomes the love for power, only then will this world know peace"

- Jimi Hendrix
McPhoo
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by McPhoo »

O.K. you have me interested. Right now I am working as an FO on a DC6 for a summer contract with Conair. In September I will be back on the job market. I have 4300hrs, 700pic on a B200. Most of my time has been on BE90, B100, B200. Some bush. Seven years medevac on the King Airs.
Drop me a line if I have what you need.

Cheers,
McPhoo

There are moments when everything goes well; don't be frightened, it won't last. - Jules Renard
rigpiggy
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by rigpiggy »

Maybe put the terms/conditions up so people can see if they'd bother

Longtimer
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Longtimer »

Here is what CMA is asking
PILOT REQUIREMENTS

Central Mountain Air has a two-tiered approach in place for pilot hiring. The minimum requirements are as follows:

Tier 1 (Qualified for a Pilot Interview - May Lead to Invitation to an Initial Ground School ):

1) Commercial Licence.

2) Valid Multi Engine Instrument Rating

3) IATRA Exam Completed and Passed.

4) Minimum 1000 hours total time.

Applicants that fall with-in the first tier may be invited for a pilot interview which could lead to an invitation to attend an initial ground school.

Tier 2 (Qualified for Pilot Interview – May Lead to Ground Position):

1) Commercial Licence.

2) Valid Multi Engine Instrument Rating

IATRA Exam Completed and Passed

This second Tier has been added to accommodate low time pilots breaking into the industry with a long term objective to become a First Officer at Central Mountain Air. Over the past few years, we have opened up ground positions to low time pilots that have had successful pilot interviews and defined a process for moving on to a pilot position. Successful applicants in the second tier are added to a low-time seniority list based on date-of-hire and are invited to an initial ground school upon reaching the top of the list. The time spent in the ground position is used to showcase work ethic and character and to become familiar with operational procedures. It is also a time to become familiar with the aircraft and company SOP’s. A SIM evaluation is done prior to flight training for low time pilots.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once you have met the above Tier 1 or Tier 2 requirements, you are welcome to forward your resume. It will be reviewed and placed on file for six months. If you are a low time pilot (Tier 2), please indicate in your cover letter, whether you are applying for a particular ground position at a specific base or if you are open to working any ground position at any base.

Applicants will be offered a position as a First Officer upon the successful completion of ground school and flight training. As a rule, First Officers from with-in the company are upgraded to a Captain position.

Captains Requirements are:

1) Approx 3,000 hours minimum total time.

2) ATPL Exam

3) 1000 hours minimum experience multi-engine IFR operations

merlin
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by merlin »

How is that CMA can get away with 40 000 a year for a 1900 Captain?
Do you guys not give a crap what you make or put up with as long as it gets you to an airline?

Cool Rythms!
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Cool Rythms! »

I'll check with our chief pilot to see what minimums the company is looking for. What I can tell at this time, is that it would be a position based in Quebec near the lower north shore.

I'll find out more when I head out east this week.

Cheers

"When the power of love overcomes the love for power, only then will this world know peace"

- Jimi Hendrix
Batakoslice
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Batakoslice »

Cool Rythms check your PM.

Thks.

Vladimitch...
North Shore
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by North Shore »

Quebec near the lower north shore.
I think this is correct: "Vous devez parler Francais?"

Say, what's that mountain goat doing up here in the mist?
Happiness is V1 at Thompson!
Ass, Licence, Job. In that order.
Doc
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Doc »

There are 1900 captains working for 40K? Some PRIDE people! Please.

sanjet
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by sanjet »

North Shore wrote:
Quebec near the lower north shore.
I think this is correct: "Vous devez parler Francais?"
Not really if it is where i think it is. I'm sure they'd prefer a bilingual pilot though.

Cool Rythms!
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Cool Rythms! »

I'm sorry guys, I still haven't had time to verify everything with the chief pilot. However, if they do still do need a captain and they haven't found anyone as of yet, they'll probably put an ad on this site. Keep an eye out for that.

As for speaking french, it's not mandatory, but if you are bilingual it's a plus because the area you would be flying out of is french speaking.

Unfortunately, thats all I know for the time being. If I find out anything else, I'll be more than happy to post it.

Cheers everyone.

- Jimi Hendrix
FUBAR
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by FUBAR »

Yea...I'm one of those. Pay does suck, but I'm doing it all for the glory right? At least that's what I've been told.

Peace out!

Return to “General Comments”