AVCANADA

It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:14 am

All times are UTC-07:00

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:00 am 
Rank 0
Rank 0

Hello, i am looking for information on the outfitters in the Chapleau area. Has anyone worked for
them ?? . Condition of outpost and equipment in general ?? thinking of booking a fishing trip with Chapleau air services. pm me if you prefer

Last edited by orsonic on Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Chapeau or Chap L eau?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:55 am 
Rank 4
Rank 4

See PM.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:53 am 
Rank 10
Rank 10

There's more than one air service in the Chapleau area. When you single out one as you have and tar the whole area based on your post that's unfair CFM
Quote:
I can only tell you to wear your hat if you are requesting info on Chapeau.

Call Denis and Val Ladouceur @ 1-705-864- 0442. I worked with Denis for a number of years and found him fair and honest.

Post subject: Chapeau
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:56 am 
Rank 4
Rank 4

Driving Rain, this comment was directed to the litteral translation of Chapeau, mentioned in the original post, without the L, which means "hat".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:08 pm 
Rank 11
Rank 11

Chapleau air is run by a decent fellow and the beaver PUQ is quite well kept. If you're in that general area.. I'd suggest going to (just before the town of foleyet) Ivanhoe and chatting with George Theriault at the ivanhoe river inn. Great group.. good prices, everythings well setup and you'll enjoy it that much more!! Tell em Mike sent ya :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:32 am 
Rank 1
Rank 1

hey everyone

Chapleau Air service is run by a gentlemen with a long history, Mr. Lee Cole. I will suggest you to go with any other outtfitter around and you will have a very good time. Enjoy your fishing trip.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:47 pm 
Rank 0
Rank 0

LOOKING TO FIND A PHONE # FOR LEE COLE,CAN ANY ONE HELP ME.WANT SOME INFO OF HIS CAMP AT ROLLO LAKE.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:47 pm 
Rank 8
Rank 8

ttx15 wrote:
hey everyone

Chapleau Air service is run by a gentlemen with a long history, Mr. Lee Cole. I will suggest you to go with any other outtfitter around and you will have a very good time. Enjoy your fishing trip.

+1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:45 pm 
Rank 2
Rank 2

ronzy 1972 wrote:
LOOKING TO FIND A PHONE # FOR LEE COLE,CAN ANY ONE HELP ME.WANT SOME INFO OF HIS CAMP AT ROLLO LAKE.

Check your PM's.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:22 am 
Rank 0
Rank 0

My grandfather used to fly C-FOCT for about 25-30 years in the 50s to the 70s between Sault Ste Marie and Armstrong Ontario and apparently it's with Chapleau Air Service (has been since 75 i think). Anyone know what that aircraft is up to these days?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:28 pm 
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Ole Cole finally po'd enough customers that he has none. OCT is parked along with the rest of his planes. He's pretty much out of business.

As for Rollo Lake Lodge, it is a total dump set in a swamp. The lake has a few trout and even harder to catch walleye, as well as a few pike. Get ready to share the lake with illegal fishermen who ride in, as well as the private camp owners on adjoining Brett Lake.

The fridge doesn't work, the steel boats are rotten and leak. No dock, just a small beachtion..

Save yourself a miserable trip and either come up to Atikokan or try Dennis as previously mentioned.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:51 pm 
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

I think I met LC in the summer of 94'. I was on a short road trip looking for a job while still in college. I was still sore from the attack that the 'office girl' at Air Dale gave me when showed up at LC's place. My girlfriend (now wife) waited in the car while I walked into the office. LC's office girl was there and nearly raped me with her eyes. Just looking at her I pitied the guy that ended up knocking her up and having to take her back home with him or settle down in Chapleau for the rest of his life. Then a taller and thinner Ronnie Hawkins like character walks in and we start talking. He points to the Seneca grad working around the dock and says that the guy won't log a single hour this summer and will only get to fly his plane next summer if he works hard. Then LC asks me how to calculate how much rug he needs for a renovation he is working on. I thought he was testing me but it soon became apparent that he had no idea how to calculate area.

I swear the aviation industry is more entertaining than any TV show, movie or cartoon. I have met so many characters that I would otherwise not even dream of imagining.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:12 pm 
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Rowdy!! Chapleau Air closed a couple years back. Only Denis Ladeceur in Chapleau now. WAAS up! Where you workin?
I hear they're dropping like flies in the dives, and jars may well sink them in Nov if they don't smarten up.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:04 pm 
Rank 0
Rank 0

There are other outfitters in the Chapleau area.
Parks Fly-In Fishing has camps North of Chapleau they fly out of Wawa.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:43 pm 
Rank 0
Rank 0

Inquires regarding Lee Cole and Sunset View Camps & Chapleau Air Service:

Sunset View Camp is family owned and operated, though it has not fully operated since about 2008. The camp is currently not open to the public as it is undergoing repairs and upgrades.

As a family we understand the current state of the camp and offer apologies to any guests who have visited the camp(s) with disappointment. We sincerely apologize for any issue you've had with the camp or employees.

There will be no response to any correspondence about the camp regarding fishing trips, flying, hunting, etc. as we work through this transition with family.

The camp and any remaining outposts are private property and trespassing will not be tolerated. The camp and it's assets are not for sale.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:58 pm 
Rank 0
Rank 0

the sunset view camp on engineer lake two winters ago almost got knocked down we removed a birch tree and fixed up the wood stove pipe which was busted up the porch got alittle messed up though just the screen but the dock and steps into the camp are in bad shape