Missionair!!! Nice ad!

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

shinnyside
Rank 1
Rank 1

Missionair!!! Nice ad!

Post by shinnyside »

I just saw Missionairs new ad for a PA-31 Pilot. The ad said they will assist the right candidate in [i]paying out existing training bonds![/i]So what they are saying is they are willing to stab another company in the back and steal thier employee!

This is what is wrong with the industry, its not Pilots that are jumping ship for the next best offer, its the companies that are not asking thier new hires to have a loyal track record in the industry and hiring the first guy with a PPC on type.

The way I see things, its not the Pilots at fault here, its the owners for promoting these practices.
---------- ADS -----------

oates76
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by oates76 »

If you're paying for your training bond, then you have more of a right to leave than if the company just hired you and paid for your training. Maybe i'm off on that. i don't know.

buck82
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by buck82 »

At least they're willing to pay off any 'debt' (used loosely) you may owe your present employer, isn't that reasonable???

twotter
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by twotter »

If your bond is paid off, then they should not be too pissed. At least they were repaid for your training.

If the bond is paid off, then you have fulfilled your requirements to that company..

LegoMan
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by LegoMan »

hey its the highest bidder wins. Companies have the right to hire the highest time guys for the lowest wages, but those same guys dont have the right to leave shitty ass paying jobs for a better one? Obviously a crappy paying Ho job shows the operator doesnt care about you and therefore no point in showing ur loyalty, move on if you can to a better higher paying Ho job. you dont owe anyone anything.

flyinhigh
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by flyinhigh »

They just want someone that is PPC'd so that a transport canada check pilot doesn't get in there plane and go, mmmm, K this plane is grounded until everything is fixed :D

Just kidding

TheEvilTwin
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by TheEvilTwin »

flyinhigh wrote:They just want someone that is PPC'd so that a transport canada check pilot doesn't get in there plane and go, mmmm, K this plane is grounded until everything is fixed :D

Just kidding
LOL Ummm I was going to post the exact thing...

I'm not kidding

Lurch
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Lurch »

TheEvilTwin wrote:
flyinhigh wrote:They just want someone that is PPC'd so that a transport canada check pilot doesn't get in there plane and go, mmmm, K this plane is grounded until everything is fixed :D

Just kidding
LOL Ummm I was going to post the exact thing...

I'm not kidding
Wouldn't this just work for up to a year then you need to renew your PPC? Or is their staff not hanging around long enough to need a renewal?

Take my love
Take my land
Take me where I cannot stand
I don't care
I'm still free
You cannot take the sky from me
tsgas
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by tsgas »

They have to be the most generous employer to come along in a long time.God Bless them.

Legacy
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Legacy »

that is one of the most respectful things i have seen a company do. good for you missionair. if i was at that stage in my career again i wouldnt hesitate for a second to look into that job. congrats whoever snags it.

Conquest Driver
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Conquest Driver »

A couple of things about this ad.

First, I figured out the rate of pay per day worked. By my arithmetic, it comes out to about $215 per day. Please, check my numbers. (I got 54% in Math 30, hardly stellar). I’ll leave it up to you folks to decide if the day rate is good, bad, or ugly.

Secondly, they’ve made it quite clear that they won’t provide a PPC. So I presume, one way or another, that’s up to the successful candidate.

As far as I can tell that leaves two options. You can get a PPC from another employer and bolt over to Missionair. If you see a need to “fire” your existing employer for just cause this might be a good one. However; in any other situation I have some moral reservations, even if you pay out your bond. In particular, I would have a problem with someone doing this from the beginning as part of a plan.

Unless I’ve missed something, there’s only one other alternative. I’ll leave it to you folks to figure that one out.

I now await the obligatory two pages of shrieking and yelling. :twisted:

tsgas
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by tsgas »

Time for a reality check. You are uptight because these folks are willing to pay double the rate of the Canadian industy for a Pa 31 pilot?
How aweful that some treats a pilot will respect. You sound like just the type of person that VAL thrives on.

Conquest Driver
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Conquest Driver »

You are uptight because these folks are willing to pay double the rate of the Canadian industy for a Pa 31 pilot?
Are you trying to tell me that the going rate for a PPC'd Navajo Captain is around $110 per day??

tsgas
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by tsgas »

The current average yearly pay for a PA 31 Capt starting out at a new employer across Canada woulld average out at around $32,500.
There are still some very low paid pilots in Canada ,hopefully that will change, and the soomer the better.

TheEvilTwin
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by TheEvilTwin »

That Navajo salary is more than a sewerpipe captain is making in Winnipeg in some cases (and almost 3 times what an FO makes!!)

Doc
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Doc »

And it's a sign of the times. If operators want to keep pilots...well, hey...get off your wallets!!!! AFT!

cyyz
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by cyyz »

tsgas wrote:The current average yearly pay for a PA 31 Capt starting out at a new employer across Canada woulld average out at around $32,500.
There are still some very low paid pilots in Canada ,hopefully that will change, and the soomer the better.
Seems a bit steep, unless you're throwing in "canadian operators" that do overseas/cross border work. I thought the avg was around 28k(SP) and that's for any employee new or old. Think the salaries discussion had dual ho's going 20k/12k.

Jer
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Jer »

I think it is a great thing for companies to buy bonds.

1st - It is cheaper for the company to buy a bond back instead of training him.
2nd - the guy is ready to fly and got experience on type...

For the pilots, the advantage is that you are not bound to stay for a company if suddenly the working conditions changes. It would give you the freedom to change for a better company, flying the same aircraft without having a debt. Like someone said, especially for the companies that are asking your money before and pay you back, I wish all the companies would be ready to buy bonds, I'm sure the salaries would go up.

This way every companies would not have the choice to give very good working conditions to keep their pilots.

Chuck U Farley
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Chuck U Farley »

Did I miss something?

First here is someone who posts what he is going to pay. A lot of people complain that no one post pay on here.

Second he tells you what your schedule is, no surprises.

Third if you are stuck at another job that doesn't pay the same or you are stuck in the middle of nowhere, he is willing to pay your bond.

Sound like a class act to me.

I have also talked to the last pilot that just left and had nothing but great things to say about the place. If I were at the stage I wouldn't hesitate to send in my resume.

People who are having problems with this ad must be the hardest people to please.

tofo
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by tofo »

their pilots, they got to have something to bitch about

Return to “Employment Forum”