Missionair!!! Nice ad!

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Rudder Bug
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Rudder Bug »

Please excuse my ignorance if its so, but here's what's puzzling me: Why can't they find a pilot?

Most of the people agree its a fine gig, pays good, etc, but there is always an ad looking for a driver.

Is the pilot shortage to that extend? Does this mean that I'd called them and I'd be hired if I needed a job?

I am not religious though and it might be the reason why they ignored my reply a few years back...I had the hours but made it clear about it in a respectful way. Maybe my reply was offending, I'd like to know.
---------- ADS -----------

Flying an aircraft and building a guitar are two things that are easy to do bad and difficult to do right

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Yd_QppdGks
Justwannafly
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Justwannafly »

Rudder Bug I don't think they are a religious company despite their name having trhe word "mission" in it

Rudder Bug
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Rudder Bug »

Well Justwannafly,

The guy did ask me if I would be comfortable walking with a Bible and spread the message around. True story

Flying an aircraft and building a guitar are two things that are easy to do bad and difficult to do right

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Yd_QppdGks
SKYPILOT1956
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by SKYPILOT1956 »

INDUSTRY STANDARD THOUGHT, BUT TC DID 4 PPC RIDES THIS YEAR, OPS MGR, CP, AND LINE PILOTS

mcfly
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by mcfly »

justwannafly is wrong. I would concur that they are a very religious company.

Chuck U Farley
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Chuck U Farley »

Just checked with my buddy and he said that religion was never an issue. Never had to spread the word or carry a bible. He said religion was talked about in brief personal conversations but never professionally. He did say that when he was at Skyward that they tried to cram religion down their employees throat.

Once again, he had nothing but high regard for Mission Air and anyone would be lucky to work there.

tofo
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by tofo »

you guys, anyone with time on type doesn't want to make a lateral move on a ho when jazz is hirring 200hr wonders. that's the reason.

No you don't have to thump the bible

yes it is a good company

Keystone pilots I've talked to have lied about the 1000 hrs they need for the position thier in, so they can't go. and the ones who didn't lie are lined up for the king air.

Justwannafly
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Justwannafly »

I could be wrong...like I said I didn't THINK they were....Having met them, Their acctions didn't seem to show that they were religious...but like I said I guess I was wrong

Return to “Employment Forum”