east coast jobs
Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore
- timeposter
- Rank 0

- Posts: 5
- Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:18 pm
east coast jobs
who are the good operators out on the east coast? NL in particular. if any at all. any info would be appreciated
timeposter
timeposter
-
.300 Weatherby Mag
- Rank 2

- Posts: 57
- Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:32 am
- Location: Earth
-
Chuck Ellsworth
- Rank 11

- Posts: 3074
- Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:49 am
- Location: Always moving
The bigest problem with the east is they rape you when it comes to wages.
But you don't have to rape the women as they are very willing, and you don't need money for sex.
The most difficult thing about flying is knowing when to say no.
After over a half a century of flying I can not remember even one trip that I refused to do that resulted in someone getting killed because of my decision not to fly.
After over a half a century of flying I can not remember even one trip that I refused to do that resulted in someone getting killed because of my decision not to fly.
-
Mech-Pilot
- Rank 0

- Posts: 7
- Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:22 am
- Location: Near Alliston,ON
I have to aggree, but you also have to look at the cost of living!! Also don't forget the women to men ratio in Nfld is awesome. God I love George St!.300 Weatherby Mag wrote:The bigest problem with the east is they rape you when it comes to wages.
I'll never admit of being smart, I"ll admit of being well informed!
- log sheet
- Rank 3

- Posts: 163
- Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:27 am
- Location: Northwestern ON, but the Heart belongs to the Rock!lol
Cost of living in NF is no different than anywhere else! Food, gas, electricity,clothing and so on! Wal-Mart is Wal-Mart no matter where in Canada you live. As a matter of fact on average gas prices have been higher than where I live now! A new house in St. John's is going to set you back 200-250K,just check it out.
NF employers have always payed less because they can! We all want to be back home! They know that and that's what they are counting on! Smart buisness tactic.
Or do we? Seems to me there are more advertised jobs back home now than 12yrs ago in Aviation. If NF companies want experienced people they are going to have to start to pay for them! Just my opinion!
Cheers!
NF employers have always payed less because they can! We all want to be back home! They know that and that's what they are counting on! Smart buisness tactic.
Or do we? Seems to me there are more advertised jobs back home now than 12yrs ago in Aviation. If NF companies want experienced people they are going to have to start to pay for them! Just my opinion!
Cheers!
GIT-R-DONE!
I agree 100% with Logsheet. If anything it is more expensive to live in Newfoundland. There is no way in hell i am moving back home for a job that pays less and for a company that likes to lay off a whole shift or work for a company that likes to run there operation like they are down to there last $10. So for all the Newfs that make that venture good luck and i will see you back in the west in a couple of years.
-
Canada cargo Inc.
- Rank 2

- Posts: 64
- Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:58 pm
- Location: Alberta
- Contact:
East Coast jobs
I absolutely loved flying into Nfld. They have got to be the nicest people in the world. I have never met a Nflder I didn't like.
The cost of living there really sucks though. Almost every man between the ages of 18 and 50 have moved elsewhere to get a decent paying job. In Fort MacMurray, Alberta half the city population speaks Newfinese. They even have a direct flight once a week between Nfld and Ft.Mac.
Here in Calgary, they are running continuous ads in the papers and on TV telling expats to come back home. Maybe back in Nfld they are finally beginning to realize their greatest resource is people and if they want to have a decent life style there they had better start paying decent wages. Sounds like a great idea but I would want to see the available jobs and pay rates before i'd move 4000 miles
The cost of living there really sucks though. Almost every man between the ages of 18 and 50 have moved elsewhere to get a decent paying job. In Fort MacMurray, Alberta half the city population speaks Newfinese. They even have a direct flight once a week between Nfld and Ft.Mac.
Here in Calgary, they are running continuous ads in the papers and on TV telling expats to come back home. Maybe back in Nfld they are finally beginning to realize their greatest resource is people and if they want to have a decent life style there they had better start paying decent wages. Sounds like a great idea but I would want to see the available jobs and pay rates before i'd move 4000 miles

